The BIG 10 Showoff

Cassel

I would just like to say, what a sterling job everyone has done with their fabulous creations of work. I think we have all come a long way with our ideas and practicalities with using PSP. We have so much to be grateful for to Carole, who has given us so much tuition, time and inspiration. A big Thank you and Congratulations to her and may this fabulous forum continue for many years to come. Well done everyone.

Yesterday I saw a picture I wanted to use as background. I took it from NASA. It's a picture by Perserverance.

Skills I used in this fun picture

I isolated me from a vacation pic with my hubby a few years ago.  When I put me in the photo I used a modify selection to be able to put a blur around my figure so it feathered better into the background. I learned how to do this from one of the classes here. Then I put a shadow on a separate layer and played with it using the pick tool in 'perspective '. That's a shadow trick I learned in a recent shadows master class. I wanted to make sure the shadow looked the same as the other visible  shadows in the background.  Then I put a hazy overlay over the top to make it look like dust in the air.

I remembered that Carole had a travel class /challenge about creating a date stamp but didn't have time to look it up or study how to do text on a path again so I went with a fancy font and thought about the Paintshop Pro Maniacs Facebook group where I learn so much from other members about how to make my pictures look better. One person there suggested using a couple of different fonts when creating word art.

I am having fun with PSP again!

When I was first here last year I did a pair of matching layouts featuring my fur kids, Adam & Eve. I used what techniques I had learned in Bootcamp and the Basic Scrap Course plus stuff from the other challenges. These celebrate their adoption from two different animal shelters. Adam was first in 2010 when he was 2 and Eve was next in 2015 when she was almost a year and had been picked up as a pregnant stray. She had her 2 kittens and they were adopted before we adopted her. So, here is my Hauspanther and my Tuxie.

I, for one, thank you, Carole, for this 10 day opportunity to show what we have learned with you over the past years (for me probably only 1-1/2 yrs.).  You are a great teacher - able to bring even complicated techniques down to the beginner level.  Your students, also, take the time to share techniques.  I'll share one I learned this past week with the Effects>Reflection effects>Rotating Mirror.  When you make a new image from a photo, do the Effects right away - don't do anything else to that new image - or it won't work.  I reinstalled my PSP at least once trying to make it work on an image I had opened and closed several times before discovering what the problem was.  Live and learn.

This LO is created from Lab 6 Module 3: multiple scallops as an edging; create translucent envelope and make a card to go in it; scalloped elipse shape.  I did the experiment 2 - make a paper clip and experiment 4 creating circular shapes and brads (which was fun).  This LO: Title is Annie Tobin's alpha which she so generously shared with us, filled it with the plaid paper I created using the prairie picture.  The cluster I made for the 2021 Travel Challenge. The cream paper is my own, used masks for the 2 pictures which I took at the rest stop. The small green bow was made from Bow2 Cass script; the bow at top of card is from Gina Jones - Pretty Bird kid.

The recent Magazine Challenge was another interesting challenge for me and a great learning experience with templates. Learning how to edit them and how to create one from scratch.  Finally templates started to make sense!

The challenge also included text wrapping and text overlapping a photo.   I am still tweaking my pages for this and adding extras.

I can't believe it!  Pay no attention to what I said about the Effects>Reflection Effects>Rotating Mirror.  It is not working again.  Can't understand it.  I am using PSP 2021 Ultimate on a Windows 10 (latest upgrade) PC.  Restarting my computer doesn't help and I am NOT going to reinstall PSP again.  The result from using this effect makes the best plaid.  Does anyone else have this problem?

This is one of my pages from the Magazine Challenge. Carole provided the template for the left side of the page. I decided to enlarge my canvas, keeping the original template to create a double page. I used masks to slide my photos in to and then I added borders to the Masked images.

I love the challenges because it is awesome to see everyone's take on the same subject or format. Plus Carole always teaches us something new!

The Love Challenge was my very first real experience with PSP, and it was my first time participating in the Campus.  It was the hardest Challenge for me because my knowledge of PSP was so minimal, But, having said that, it was my favorite Challenge because I learned the most from it.  I followed up the Challenge with the Basic Scrap Course. The Basic Scrap Course was awesome!

PS- This was my very first Scrapbook page!

The overlays masterclass is very populair (with me too), so I wanted to show you something with OVERLAYS in it. These nested frames were a freebie from Carole and we were asked what we could come up with using the different layers. I had this photo of a flower with a fly (Sue thanks for pointing that out to me) and arranged it on different layers each with a different opacity. The honeycomb on the base layer is an overlay on the background photo  and if you look closely you will see some little bees scattered around another layer; they are an overlay too. I gave the frames a different color and an innerbevel. All colors are taken from the photo. Then OUT-OF-BOUNDS for a petal and a wing.

This is a test page from the Photo Gallery script that I won from the FB group and purchasable through Creation Cassel store https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&language=en I have much to test out in this, but it makes a beautiful page.  Once I free up some time I will do some in depth tests with number and orientation of photo's etc.  These photos are mine from various years on the front of my Christmas cards.  I will do several layouts as I have many Christmas card photo's I want showcase.