Bootcamp - Sept 2021

Cassel

OK - I do have to comment.  Ann Seeber - always love your LO, but where is your napkin?  I think you are the one who had a napkin on the table last time.  I can't make the napkin, although I think I tried last time.

Cindy: like your tablecloth - and putting the top bread in transparent does show all the goodies inside.

Pirkko: like your wooden table and the placemat.

Susan: Your linoleum is so clean - I'll eat with you on the floor.  Tomato soup is one of my favorites.

Nadine:  Where can I buy that gorgeous plate?  Just kidding!  Loved it when you showed it in blue also.

Hi Brenda, I started in May this year.  You will enjoy this bootcamp and this forum.  I've learned a lot and I am someone who's had limited time with PSP (due to work and other life stuff).  I'm finally getting to put in more time and have learned the more time I put in, the easier and more natural it feels.  I'm still taking baby steps, soon I'll be walking!

I love the variety of sandwiches/table set up I've seen today.  Can't wait to see where you all go with your layouts.  For now, off to work (boo).

Day 3  My background came from a friend on my website when we had a share day.  It was gray and white and very small.  I used the hue/saturation to change the color and stretched it out to fit my 3600X3600 canvas.  I added the texture called grain long, The bubbles are tubes I believe they came with a version of PSP but not sure, the title font is Curlz MT and I forgot to write down the font I used for her name.  The Disney Mermaid stickers I found on google search and cut them out.  I had to force myself to remember how to put the shadows on the bubble.  It took me awhile but I finally remembered after using the undo on several things that did not work.  I wanted to create my own clear bubbles but did not have time to do that today.  Her name is Lilly not Gracie.  Fortunately when I posted it on my Facebook page the eye was closed on the name so it did not show up.

Day 3

The Great American Pickleball Marathon was on 9-11-2021. Pickleball players all over the US met with their local groups to play pickleball to honor all those who were lost or injured on 9-11 20 years ago. Groups registered, made a donation to Wounded Blue, which benefits wounded and disabled police officers, and played on their local courts. A great day, a great cause. Paddles up, America!

Cindy, I think that Anne has the explanation for you if you want the bread to be see-through, but still visible. I had never heard Judge Judy say that, but I guess she is right!

Anita Wyatt, are you a cat lady by any chance? All those cat books can be a clue!

Nadine, what a creative way to use the Circular element tutorial to make a plate, and the result is great! I think you are the first one to do that!

Susan, that is a great way to show more layers manipulations as you are playing with the transparency.

Bonnie, so many people in this community have learned about pickleball. Keep showing us more and more! That picnic looks good. There are so much we can get on that site!

Connie, it is ok about the shadows. That is something I won't bring up in this exercise (but watch out later! ;) )

Pirkko, interestingly, even though I am right-handed, I keep my fork on the left too since I will use my knife with the right hand. Isn't that the standard way to set silverware?

Mary, I think I will be stealing your fries. They look delicious! And yes, the shadows would make a difference (although this was not required for this exercise).

Brenda, you might want to create a saucer under your cup. You would not want to stain your white tablecloth with your tea or coffee :)

Wanda, for the bubbles, have you considered making the shadows wider and more blurred? After all, bubbles would not be very opaque, right?

Laurie, what are you drinking? Tomato juice? whatever it is, you will need a saucer to save your nice tablecloth!

Welcome again to the newcomers, and to all those who have not posted yet, don't be shy! We are here to encourage you and support you.

Hi, I am Donna.  I joined bootcamp today, Sept. 15 so I'm a little behind.  I don't know how all you folks knew how to make your tables look so nice, but here is my simple one, sans tablecloth or adornments!  Here is a travel picture I would like to include somewhere in a layout (Conwy Castle in Wale).

Hi all, Start with a note to Carol I didn't add anything else to the Sandwich project the comment was just that. but I made and a silly error I only saved the project as a jpeg file, oops.

Now on to the day 3 project I followed the video and dived into my photos and found the birth of my youngest daughter she shares the same birthday one of her siblings. This time I save the project as a PSP file, a jpeg and a jpeg at 600 pixels; Also, I didn't put the drop shadows on separate layers.

Bootcamp Project 1 - I ran out of new great-grands so I've moved on to wildlife and pets. Here is my Eve, who doesn't sing. The song "Soft kitty" is from the tv series, Big Bang Theory, which is my go-to show when I don't have anything else to see or just want to relax and laugh. I made the background paper with an addition of fur texture, the white strip is from the famous linoleum pattern that Cassel teaches. The headline font is Curlz and the text on the right is Copperplate Gothic Bold. I had used the musical notes in a layout last year. At that time they were not available as a PSP Tube. They are now, though, with a special tutorial on how to use them.

I didn't have the opportunity yesterday to use PSP.  It's that time of year again, which comes round all to quickly.  Fetching cows home from their summer grazing pastures.  It was a long  enjoyable  day in the  saddle.  I was rather tired last night, so decided to  get up at 4 to create this page.  As I'm off shortly, kayaking.   Anyway I cracked on whilst listening to the Great Horned  Owls out in the trees.  As usual I  got a  tab carried away with my page.  I started by choosing the subjects, created the frames for them. Always, selecting colours from the photos.  I always start my pages with the photo/photos.  For the background paper I selected a small section of the  twigs on the ground,  effects.  For the green strip I used an overlay and other effects.   Used the green paper to create the  green frame.  I often create tags as a way to  add info. I think it give a nice  touch. I used the repeat script  on the sunflower.  The staple, and the brad on  the  frame, are my own.  I created the brad specifically for this project.  (There is a tut in the creative scrap for  a brad, called 'simple brad' . I  love decorative  swashes, glyphs and corner fonts and brushes to create all sorts of  elements.  That is what I did to create the  label at the bottom. As I said I got a  tab carried away, but it didn't take me very from start to finish.

What beautiful pages to see today.  Here is my page, the photo is mine, the rest come from pixel scrapper.  I used "stardust" (that's what it was called) instead of scatter as none of the scatter I had made sense with the idea I was going with.  Shadows are hard to see on the darker background and wonder if the shadows are too big on the flowers.  I think the bottom paper flowers are okay as I've made these origami flowers before and they are quite thick.  The white frame was from "Selection-Modify-Selection Borders" where I chose a white frame on the outside of the photo.  This makes rounded corners which I dont really like, but going on the inside of the photo would cut off some of the picture I didnt want to cut off, but I'd have gotten those crisp 90 degree corners I like.  Is there a way to get get the 90 degree corner and stay on the outside of the photo.

Sue T,  you have such a cool life!

Ann, I LOVE cats, keep 'em coming (I have two myself).  Actually any animal picts, I love all critters.

Pirkko, that opacity is really effective and beautiful

Colin, that is so sweet, love the color of the background

Donna, Stunning photo!  Is that HDR?

Day 3 project 1 I used the kit offered. I blurred the background paper to make the small fonts show up better. I thought the scatter from that kit was too dense for this page so I used a different one and duplicated it several times. I believe my theme for this boot camp will just be nature.

GREAT JOB, EVERYONE. I had fun doing this, I did create my own background with a tutorial from the campus in the Creative Scrap section, used paw prints from the net. I did add some shadows. By the way, I will be using my little Peanut for my scrapbooking pages. She is our baby girl and brings so much joy to our house. Have a great day everyone.

Ann Seeber - thanks for the napkin!

Project 1, Day 3 for Scrapbooking.  Background paper is from Helpful from Rush Ranch; pink enamel hearts are from PS; confetti is a picture tube; cream paper is from Cass-Fire and Ice; font is Amazone BT.  I really tried hard to keep to the tutorial this time.  Can't say I will all the way through, though, but I'll try.