What are you working on (in February 2021)?

Cassel

Date-02-2021.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in February, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Last month, we have our busiest thread with 327 posts. That means so many inspiring projects, stories and displays. Let's keep it going!

Another bird from Australia, the Azure Kingfisher.  He is a delightful little bird and a real fisherman.  The Azure Kingfisher is never far from water, preferring freshwater rivers and creeks as well as billabongs, lakes, swamps and dams, usually in shady overhanging vegetation. It is sometimes seen in parks on rivers, as well as duck or goldfish ponds in urban areas.  The Azure Kingfisher nests in a burrow dug out of a river bank.

This is a bitsa one my friends ... snatch from here, grab from there.  Font used for the title is A Bebedera.  Thanks for takin a peek.  ;D

Annie ... your birds are out of this world. It's fun to see birds we will probably never get to see in real life.

I am giving another go at that sketch challenge. Just sitting here with a cup of coffee playing and what should come to mind of course, but piano. When my husband died he knew I would be at a loss for quite a while, so he bought me a piano and then said ... "There, learn how to play it - you will have the time." I have ... and I do. Four piano's later ... I still enjoy it. It's kind of a toss up now ... play on the computer or play the piano. I never know which one is going to win out until the last second. LOL

Annie, nice!!!  In the Netherlands we also have kingfishers, also with those vibrant colors and with the same way of living. They are an endangered species but are on the way back now and seen more often. I found this picture on line. I would love to take one of my own but they are so quick and you always encounter them unexpectedly, its just a blue flash.

Thanks so much Minka, always appreciated my friend. The page you have created 'Piano' is wonderful, simplicity that grabs ya, way to go my friend. Terrific sketch of Chopin which draws the attention.

Well you at least have 2 avenues to ease the troubles of the world from your shoulders and that is a good thing ... granted that the decision may be difficult, lol! My 2nd avenue is music, I am part of a music group where we have to post one song a day ... new or old, your choice. I could spend hours on either ... much preferable to housework! I have a small vegetable and herb garden which I spend a fair amount of time in during the winter months ... during summer it is early evening watering, watering and watering only! ;D

Corrie, what a beautiful Kingfisher! Is he the one they call the Icebird? OMGosh ... those colours are truly amazing. I guess it is only true bird enthusiasts who can differentiate between the Icebird and the Azure Kingfisher ... they look identical to me, lol! Thanks for sharing my friend. ;)

This page is to pay tribute to the little Yellow Billed Kingfisher.  The roaming territory of this pretty little bird is Papua New Guinea and Cape York Australia.  Again I did my own thing with bits and pieces from here and there.  I have decided not to use shadows on masked photos ... just don't like it, :(  ... each to their own!  Font used for the title is Danish Crack.  Thanks for takin a peek.  ;D

Annie, both birds' pages are gorgeous. I love everything, the layouts, the colors, and getting to know a little bit of Australia's bird species.

Minka, lovely page with a very touching story about how you got to learn how to play.

Ann, you had a great photo to start and created a very nice layout.

Great work, ladies!

As usual, this was made for my gaming group. The font is Love Struck which I got in a free valentines bundle from Font Bundles. The heart is a preset shape. I duplicated and resized each heart by 110% moving the new layer down each time. Filled each one with a rainbow gradient set on a circle (sunburst) with 6 repeats and increased the angle by five for each one and added a small drop shadow. It took me a long time to find the %ages and angles that were good for this image. The background consists of several layers at different opacities.

Thanks so much, Annie & Cristina. I initially used a pastel rainbow gradient, but it didn't give me the wow factor I was looking for. Someone asked me how many heart layers there were. I had to open the file and count...there were 20! I didn't realize how many I had done. Whew.

Every year we would take a roadtrip ... actually we went by train ... more time consuming but very colorful travel and NOT ALWAYS through the best parts of towns - but you sure did see some sights! By the time we got there you were pretty tired of hearing the blast of the horn for all the rr crossings. Interesting note, we had to take the "milk run" as we came from the North - Boston - and the infrastructure in many spots didn't allow for the high speed train. At one point we actually had to back off the tracks and wait for a commercial train to go by the other way as the lines are commercially owned and they get first priority. We would usually head down to Virginia Beach for a while and then head on out to the Outer Banks. They have marvelous huge rentals out there so big that just about everyone could have their own floor. I was just remembering one today called Dealer's Choice in a town called Duck, North Carolina. Duck was a marvelous town which became one of our favorites as it had everything one could hope for in the way of a vacation ... but in an oddly quaint way. The biggest draw there was the Donut Shop! For miles and miles they would come for those donuts. The house itself had a theater room that was monstrous, but I am not sure who rents a beach place and then wants to watch movies? I guess some do. The beaches there were and I guess still are awesome! Just a bit further down the road is Corolla - where the wild horses are ... supposedly with conquistador blood in them or so the story goes. Fun anyway to go on the tours to find them. The horses really do just go around wherever they want to.

Minka, you may know this...may not. Duck Donuts have expanded. We have one here in Manassas. Great beach page and great piano page.

Annie, love the birds...so much fun to see your creations.

Ann, I enjoyed your Mendocino layout. I remember watching Murder She Wrote and wondering where it was filmed. I would love to live in such a town...at least, I think I would. I am pretty spoiled have space away from folks now. My nearest neighbor is about 300 feet away. Close enough to visit and far enough away for privacy when I want it.

Here is another pickleball page. I saw a sketch online and decided to make a page following the sketch. It was a great start but there is little of the sketch in the finished product. "Circle of Friends is from cleanpng.com.

Thank you Annie and Bonnie ... I don't take those types of vacations now that I have my own runaway spots to go to. But I kind of miss them as we got to see a lot of different parts of the country that way. And yes, those donuts were so popular I am not surprised if they were branched out all over the place! I don't eat donuts, but my husband sure did. :) You know, I am in one of my runaway spots right now ... a condo in Cape Haze, FL ... and just down the way they congregate every day to play pickleball. There are quite a few of them gathered there and I hear a lot of gaiety!! So must be a friendly crowd. I had never even heard of pickleball until I came here ... You seem to enjoy it so much I think I am going to have to march down there and see what it's all about! :)

Finally back to working in PSP Scrapbooking.  New project coming up not in PSP, so other than Love Challenge, I'll have to stop for a while.

This page: Papers and ribbon are from Cass_Fire-and-Ice; snowman is from Pixel Scrapper - Rachel Martin; Snowflakes and the holly leaves & berry are also from Pixel Scrapper - Gina Jones; I developed the frame around the picture following the directions from Cassel on creating frames; the frame on the background is PSP grunge snowflakes; the font is Century 725 Blk BT.

Whew.  We don't often have snow in Memphis, but this was a morning after a snowy night and I really enjoy the colors - they are calming.