What are you working on (in December 2020)?

Cassel

December Christmas Song Challenge + Advent Day 7

Obviously, this is different for me. I played around with the photo of the trees in snow, using it as a pattern in the border and as a layer with reduced opacity over the layer with the two deer, which are elements from the AHA-Hygge kit. The font for the song title is Snap and the number 7 is Stencil.

I've been trying to  create an advent calendar for a while, finally  created one I like.  This one is suitable for an adult.  My grandchildren are a bit young yet for  them.  It's a bit late  for this year, but I shall send them to some  friends, along with  sticker photos to  be stuck on the relevant dates.  Size 11 x 8.5 inches.  I could  create ones without stickers, and the recipients can  cross  off the days.  Several possibilities available.  I created a box,  flood fill, added the  dates,  deleted the boxes that the eagle  were in, making sure I still had 24.  Extracted the  eagle, created  background paper.

Karon, You have done a stellar job on Graduate layout. I couldn't stop looking at it.

Sue, your advent calendar is very nice . I especially like the pine cones.

Ann, your advent calendar is also coming along nicely.

I did finish all the changes on my calendar and printed 11 of them for family. I kept changing things but I think I like it better now. I also made a calendar showcasing my photos for my sister-in-law. I hope she likes it.

Lynda, I am sure your family will be delighted with their 2021 Calendar, I know I would be. It is superb my friend ... persistence pays off! ;D

Sue your advent page 8 is superb. I love it and what a delightful little bird the Bohemian Waxwing is. I am well my friend, thank you. Just melting in the heat, lol!

Day 8 of my Advent Calendar / Rock 'n Roll Christmas, Chuck Berry with Run Rudolph Run for the Song Challenge.  The corners are from the Christmas tube, the Chuck Berry art is from the VEVO illustration for the video of the music, the font for the big number 8 is called Square721 and the flare on the upper right is a tube.

PS: Today my new, 16 MB desktop is being delivered and installed. It's a custom build so doesn't have a brand name. It will help tremendously with using my PSP 2021 Ultimate as this one keeps choking on boosted CPU for  the AI features. It is my Christmas gift from my overly generous daughter in CA. What are kids for, right? LOL

Thanks Cristina!

Ann day 8 is loads of fun, keep em comin ... my entertainment for the day!

Sue your gnomes are too cute my friend, love em. I had registered for the webinar, forgot to set the alarm and was a bit cranky with myself over that. Then when Cassel sent us the correct link it kept crashing on me. Guess I will have to create gnomes for new year!

Thank you Cristina, and Annie, for your kind comments.  What a pity Annie, it was a fabulous webinar.  It will be  posted in the  campus in a few days, and then you you'll be able to go to town, having fun creating them.

I have thoroughly enjoyed creating these. Credit goes to Carole, thank you! Such great fun. I even went to the trouble of Googling male and female Gnome names.

Sue, they are lovely, and you also added feet and named them! : ) I will copy that idea and create one Gnome for my Calendar Cover as I have gnomes photos in 3 different calendar months. Good that I haven't printed yet.

Annie, I also could not attend the live webinar; lately, I haven't been able to stay up till 11 PM when it starts here... I watched the replay... there were so many wonderful ideas that I am sure I will use for next year's Christmas: Place Cards, Calendars, etc. This year the family dinner was canceled, waiting for safer times.

Work in progress. Background, Cairngorms Ski run 2012,

Upside down Xmas tree.

RHS Filey Fishmas Tree. This is built on the Boat Landing just above the beach by the local fishermen and decorations made by the local Primary School. The Fish shapes are cut-out, decorated and plastic laminated to protect them from the weather.  The 'Tree'  a scaffold pyramid is covered with Crab and Lobster pots then these are covered with a fishing net.

Decorated boats in Scarborough Harbour.

Thank you ever so much Cristina.  Yes, I recall the  gnomes on 3 of the months.  You'll have fun creating the  cover. will you use the colours of the gnomes in the months, in the  cover? I discovered that the larger the  image, the better, it's easier.  You can always scale down.

Beautiful photos James.  It will make a  nice ecard.   Do you know the skiers?  May I  make a suggestion?  Add drop shadows to the photos, and  I would use the perspective tool on them, slightly mind,   towards the  skier in the centre.  Give it a try, and see what  you think, you are the creator after all.