What are you working on (in December 2020)?

Cassel

Dorothy, how true. Great layout, needs to be framed.

Minka, your Christmas fun layout is so colorful and Christmasy. We were lucky to be able to get our grandson for Christmas, so I am happy; but there are alot who won't have this opportunity.

Carole, careful what you wish for, LOL. I "retired" then my boss asked me to come back part time. Good compromise though.

Ann Seeber, your gnome is so cute. Love the mustache and belt. Using the Christmas cards as your Advent calendar is a stroke of genius. I am especially partial to the cat. Though I really liking the cardinal out the window. Advent 22 would make a beautiful Christmas card.

Annie, thank you so very much for the kind words. You have been such an inspiration to me.

Val, thanks sis. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

While everyone has been playing with snow, snowmen and gnomes ... I am battling Cuban Tree Frogs.  While I like frogs in general, I do NOT LIKE the invasive Cuban Tree Frogs.  They are messy and big and can jump what seems like a country mile.  I had to have my roof vents all screened as they love to get in those, too.  They can even get in the house that way.  Now they are finding a lovely Christmas Home in the accordion Hurricane Shutters.  Well, as with any living breathing creature they do two things.  Eat and poop.  Not pretty on your windows.  I have learned they are quite aggressive too when you spray them with a high pressure hose.  They almost laugh at you.  It's like a Disney ride to them.  They love it.  I read you have to spray them with vinegar.  Anyone ever done that?  I wondered if it would etch the window glass?  The only gnome I would have here would be a frognome!  Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays, everyone.

Advent - Day 23 - Still working with the Corel freebies. This is a photo of my daughter, Debbie's, cat on her boyfriend's lap. The boyfriend is camera shy and will not grant permission to publish his photo but he didn't exclude the cat! :-)

I sent it to my daughter without the Advent text and said it was for Aaron; his Christmas card from me. This is just a drop-the-photo-in kind of card and I added the Advent text. Only one more to go and then I'll have to do something special for the 25th. ;-)

I love all the work everybody has been doing, lovely to browse through this pages. I wish you all merry christmas where ever you live on this planet of ours. I hope that you will be able to celebrate this year despite all the covid-19 difficulties and problems , lonelyness and sorrow. At least we are in this together and somewhere in 2021 it will go better. Until then be careful and stay safe.

Corrie, a sweet Christmas card for Christmas wishes my friend and your gnome is a real cutie. Thank you and a merry Christmas to yourself and your family.

I think it is not the merry Christmas that most of us would have wished for. Here in Queensland we have not been greatly impacted by COVID even though it's tentacles have spread far and wide. Our State Premier has been a Godsend in maintaining rules and regulations to keep it under control.

Unfortunately even if not COVID afflicted there are other tragedies that render a merry Christmas mute.

On Wednesday 16th December a very dear family friend hung himself in one of our public parks and then one week later my niece's partner hung himself in their shed while she was inside feeding their 8 month old baby girl. Strange year and strange occurrences ... 2020 was a very bad year all round and this Tobin family was not meant to celebrate Christmas ... all our plans being quashed ... naturally.

I am not grieving so much as I feel deeply saddened for the lost souls and the heartbreak that is left behind.

May 2021 be a better year for us all dear Corrie. :(

Minka, OMG I just died laughing at your Cuban tree frogs. I can relate with the invasion (not frogs but termites). But your layout is so precious. Merry Christmas.

Ann Seeber, I do love looking at your Advent cards. Debbie has a beautiful cat and it is making me miss our terror all the more. This would have been the first Christmas he would have been allowed around the tree. The card for your daughter is beautiful; but big time change for you both. Wishing you a Merry Christmas. Love, love, love your gnome and that you put snowboots on him. What a great idea.

Corrie, lovely layout and what a cute gnome. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. Take care and stay safe.

Oh Annie, I am so sorry to hear of the losses you have had to endure. Please know that I and my family will keep you and yours in our prayers.

Cristina, you are always so sweet and thinking about others. My wish for you is to have a very special Christmas and a coming New Year.

Ann S - Your Christmas gnome is so cute! I love the Christmas balls on the garland. And have really enjoyed all your advent cards.

Minka - Your Cuban Tree frogs with a Christmas theme is fun. Now I have a frog gnome in my mind.

Corrie ... Christina ... Annie ... Val ... Ann ... and EVERYONE that comes to read and view -- Even in these uncertain times I am praying that you all find something to be cheerful about on Christmas Day and heading into the New Year.  It will be a much needed new year for everyone - a fresh start.  Anything should be better than the 2020 we just endured.

I've been playing today with Carole's Wooden Alphabet.  Last year I bought an abutting property in Maine and had a builder rehab it.  An 100 plus year old Cabbage Barn.  He separated it almost in half inside and finished one side into living space while leaving the other side as a barn and workshop.  I practically lived in it this past summer building stuff and am looking forward to getting back to it late spring.  I've always had a craft room in my house which my mother named "Creation Station" 35 years ago.  When the barn was completed my family asked what I was going to call it and I said it's still going to be Creation Station in honor of Mom.  It's a fun place and it's only  350 steps from my front door.

Dear Cristina, thank you very much my friend, your commiserations are greatly appreciated. Let 2021 put paid to the miseries of 2020. I say that but on another level I believe that our Spiritual growth comes from difficult times rather than our sweet years. Perhaps on that level we were meant to experience 2020 in the raw. I am not religious Cristina but my Spiritual growth is very important to me and ... I usually recognize a kindred Spirit. ;D

Dear Karon, thank you for your commiserations, you are very sweet. I will get over it, as you do, and like everyone I look forward to 2021. Who knows what the new year will hold for us but it is better to take each day as it comes. May you and your family have a wonderful New Year my friend. ;D

Hello Scrapbook Campers.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas ... well, as much as was possible in this fractious climate.

Today I spent some time making an alpha.  Font used was Three Sixty and technique used was Cassel's tut - Block Shape ... I just love that tut!  The paper was a tile of an African print.  Background paper is my own creation and the little owls are from Alicia Mujica's delightful digital artwork.  The border was made by using the Graphics Plus plugin - cross shadow.

Making alphas seems to have a very calming effect on me so when I feel a bit overwhelmed that is where I head.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

Annie ~ a fabulous alpha!!  Love it.  I have NEVER made an alpha ... but I sure agree with you that many of us come to PSP when we want to relax or engage our minds on something besides the world and it's problems.  Most of us, like you, have an avenue we travel first.  I'm thinking you should lead a class on alpha making!  I am going to go check out that tut Block Shape.  Never too old, I think, to learn a few new tricks.  I always love reading your posts as you are always so gracious and kind.  An inspiration for all of us ... and I must say we are the lucky ones for "taking a peek!"

I am soooooooo ready to kick 2020 to the curb.  Thinking positive thoughts on the incoming 2021.  It might get off to a little bit of a rough start ... but perhaps by mid year we can see some real change begin to blossom!  Wouldn't that be nice?  Using three of my most favorite quotes ...