What are you working on (in December 2020)?

Cassel

I posted, and after editing, the post disappeared. It might appear later as it happened before, but here is the post again.

Lately, I haven't been inspired to create scrapbook layouts, but I had lots of fun with the gnomes, trees, and garland from December Masterclass. It was a good distraction to everything that has been happening for the last months and all the concerns we all have.

So, here is my gnome. I decided to create him mostly using the pen tool, as I am still not too comfortable working with vectors. I was inspired by some illustrations I saw on the internet.

Sue McGuire said on the FB Group that she had created the nose with the cutout effect instead of bevel, so I decided to do it with this friend.

I used Cassel's Metallic Rope-04.

Font: Christmas Wish Monoline

My first layout is my Advent - Day 16 - featuring Great Britain's official bird: Robin Redbreast. He has a Christmas story of his own. I decorated the tree that had a background, added the snowman, flying birds and pine cones. I made the garland with rose gold and brass gradients and added a rosy bow from my kits collection.

[OOPS: Sorry, this is a duplicate of an earlier post]

Moving into a new home, what little time I've been here, there always seems to be something to do. Perhaps a really good thing with Covid still making moving about unwise. Even though I am about 1600 miles away from what I know ... some things remain the same. The sound of birds that half hour before sunrise when it seems they are conversing and making their plans for the day. I don't even pretend to know what they are saying, but they are loud about it. As it happens, the home I bought is very close to a crow roost in a preserve. There must be a "head crow" as I hear him "talking" every morning and then shortly afterward - waves of crows leave the roost. Each wave heads out in a different direction, boisterous as they fly! I think they have all been given missions to accomplish ... what else could all that fuss be about? Anyway, they are hugely fun to watch in the colorful but muted early morning sky. It's odd that they are so noticeable when they leave, but I never see them return. Obviously they do, but they are quiet and singular I think, for there is no fuss about their return. Crows are so intelligent and fun to watch, but if you don't like their noise, oh boy! Who needs an alarm! I didn't really do much with this ... it just seemed to suit watching them.

Hi, Everyone! I've been around but haven't been posting...just lurking. Absolutely beautiful creations!

Carole hooked me with subway art. I posted one a good while back but that is all I have done since. All pickleball themed. I am not sure why I am enjoying this so much as I hate to pick fonts for my layouts and subway art is all fonts! Pickleball paddles come in many shapes and I have chosen 2 shapes for my subway art. Here's one:

Ann Seeber, Advent 13 is another page to be so proud of. The Christmas tree and the kids, just perfect. Oh, I fell in love with Advent 14, the picture, the song, the layout...very lovely. Stekkjastaur is soooo cute. Great job. Lovely Advent 16 and I really like how you combined items from several kits. Your layout of Bobby Smithson is a wonderful way to honor him. It's a shame that such talent is lost to us. I did get a chuckle about the preying mantis cocoon.

Annie, thank you for the kind words. And your layout with the rolled edge is stunning.

Corrie, what a delightful layout. It must be nice to see such a lovely tree all decked out. Our town is to chaotic to do something like that.

Raymond, your granddaughter is extremely talented. She must take after her grandfather. Your layout is well done.

Sue, your ecard is gorgeous. Most times minimalist is best. Great gnome ecard. You did a awesome job on him and the background.

Cristina, your gnome is adorable. Love the colors and it looks as if he is off to post a Christmas card.

Minka, your layout is fasinating and I really enjoyed reading about your mornings with them.

Bonnie, the word art paddles are fantastic. They will make a great addition to any layout you do. Great 12 Days of Pickleball layout and word art tree.

Here’s December Song Challenge – Christmas / Advent Day 17. The photos are of my previous hometown for 40 years, Warwick, NY, showing off it’s Revolutionary War Heritage buildings. (It was designated the Queen’s Village since they supported King George during the Revolution.)

I tried out my new Corel script: Falling Snow. Learned a lesson, don’t use it on a .pspimage with layers. It promptly flattened the whole image! I ended up making a .png for publication and adding the snow to that.

Christmas - It can be a volatile time of life.  Busy, for sure ... It's usually a pretty bustling time getting decorated, buying presents, coordinating menus, making sure everyone in the family has what they need. It can also be a time of reflection on past events in your life - both happy and sad.  Even those sad events I like to treasure and be grateful for the time we got to share.  Memories of good times are what carry us through difficult times ...  gives you strength and bolsters your morale to remember those events that stick with you.  Little bits and pieces of other people sometimes stay glued to your soul.  That's a good thing.  My husband and I often went to OBX for Christmas with his brother and wife.  While my husband is gone and so is the brother's wife, I still treasure those memories and don't even really need pictures to do so.  Those bits and pieces truly are glued to me.  I wanted an unusual background for the piece so I went out in the middle of the street and took a picture of the tar with my ipad.  That is the background I used ... the macadam from my street.  You just NEVER KNOW where inspiration will come from!  LOL

I have been inspired by this group... So... I made my Christmas gnome for one of things I have been working on in December 2020.

Kimeric Kreations The Night Before (Paper and top of the hat button)

Collaboration - Spunky (for the table)