What are you working on (in December 2020)?

Cassel

While making my Mom's stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving, I was inspired. I created this tribute page for her and then it occurred to me .... Im going to scan all the recipes my Mom sent me and create a cookbook for my siblings.  I'll start that after the holidays and aim for it to be a Christmas gift next year.

I wanted to follow along with this advent adventure so I decided to do day 1 using the beautiful snowy owl photo Sue had so generously provided ... thanks very much my friend.  All created by myself following Carole's tuts and using a few of her scripts except for the leaves which were courtesy of Graph-SabineDesign.   Thanks for takin a peek.  ;D

I am thinking of printing this as a Christmas gift for a friend. I can't post it on FB as she is a member there.

The names on this subway art are some of the top women professional pickleball players in the world...except, my friend. I think she might enjoy being listed among the best in the world. There are two with the last name Waters...mother/daughter. Daughter is 13 and rocking the pickleball world. The top 2 names are the number 1 and 2 players in the world.

I decided to post this page here.  I was going to post it on the theme page but I have started another for that using Carole's freebies.  I saw a card like this online so I decided to make a copy with very few changes I might add.  The eyes were made by following the googly eyes tut in Lab 10 Module 11.  The arrow is Carole's etched glass freebie, as is the carrot.  The mouth I made using the pen tool and the buttons were created using a tut by Carole.  The snowman in the bottom left corner is a freebie from ajgv!  Fonts used are CK Snowman and EloquentJF Swash.  Thanks for takin a peek.  ;D

Finished Day 5 for the Advent series.

I'd like more information on accessing the more elaborate fonts. The nice, graceful corner pieces, for example!

Edit: Day 5 looks too dark so here's a lighter version. The bottom layer was filled with a camel color originally and I changed it to white. Also, I had reduced the opacity on the Christmas tree scene originally and now I brightened it up.

My Aunt at Police Memorial Wall in Washington DCThis is a picture of my Aunt Marge in front of the Police Memorial Wall in Washington D.C.  I've taken the picture of her at the wall and added a layer of her son, who was a policeman killed in the line of duty, and made his body almost translucent so that he appears to be a ghost.  The only picture of him in uniform was when he was younger and I wanted him to look about the same as when we last saw him so I cropped his head from another photo and layered it on top of his "ghost" and made that ghostly also.  I then created another raster layer in order to make his ghostly form have a translucent aura around him setting the color to white, the opacity to 20 and just painting in the area that I wished to have the aura.  After finishing this photo, I took it to Costco and had it put on a 20" x 16" canvas and it looks great.  I just hope she likes it for her Christmas gift and as a memorial to her fallen son.

Advent Day 6 - The Little Drummer Boy (also for the Song Challenge-Christmas)

I'm keeping the same border daily though I do change the color from time to time. I found a curly font called Nymphette at DaFont for the corners and applied an inner bevel. The font on the Advent text and the Number 6 is Wedding Text BT which I thought looked antique. The drummer boy and sheet music I found on Google. I lowered the opacity on the white sheet music which is layered over  a wrinkled yellowed paper from one of my kits.

Bonnie,  That poster is beautifully done. I have to ask my pickleball friend if she'd like to see it. I don't know if she's up on the "Queens of the Court"

Trish, what a lovely page with the deers and quote.

Ann Seeber, great Orchids page. I think you did a wonderful job on the torn edges and the scallops. The orchids are such a beautiful color and using them in the title was a perfect idea. How cute is your snow in Warwick page. The snowman is adorable. Love your woodpecker photo. They are such beautiful birds. Day 5 Advent is stunning. Well done. Day 6 is so cute. Love the addition of the music and drummer boy card.

Annie, your cross pattern papers are awesome. Using the same colors but different blend modes shows just how versitile the pattern can be. Advent day 1 is a fantastic layout. All the papers and elements you have created really set off the Sue's photo. The season's greetings layout is nicely done and has perfect colors and patterns.

Sue, you always come up with great ideas to use the lessons within the campus. Using your photos to make an Advent calendar is inspirational.

Lynda, fantastic bows. Don't you just love the script? I went crazy with it when I first bought it, adding big bows to kits that didn't have any bows. Love your mushrooms. Adding the bevel and shadow really sets them off.

Anne Lamp, nice page layout. Stunning pictures and the frames really set them off.

Sue, stunnning subway tree art. You are so creative. Beautiful photo of the snowy owl and thanks for sharing it.

Susan, your layout is so lovely. What a great idea to scan in your mother's recipes as a gift.

Bonnie, fabulous idea to produce your subway art as a gift to your friend.

Roni, putting the picture on canvas as a gift is a great idea. Your aunt, I am sure, will love the gift. You did a beautiful job blending your cousin's relief onto the photo.

Another winter visitor. they too spend their summers way up north.  They  are friendly little  birds, and will take feed from the hand. I added the the number six, matching it to  the element.  A layout I  often do,  select the bird, frame, background  texture.   Ribbon,  created matching the colours,  with Embroidery Font.  This little chap is looking curiously down on the snowman.

You can't create anything much simpler thank this page.  There isn't anything I won't shoot in nature.  I used 2 photos. It took me longer to colour one corner of the holly and berries  than it did to do the rest. Those that know me, know my pages are quite minimalistic, always maintaining focus on the  photos.