What are you working on (in November 2020)?

Cassel

Sue: I'm admiring that Christmas Grouse! Never saw one before! ;) You mention Carol's "punches" .. what is that? (The journaling on the card has a typo.. the plural of reindeer is still reindeer.. without the "s")

I'm trying to decide with to do with these photos I just took of the new visitors I have.. the tufted titmouse twins.. they're so cute!

Ann,  Carole's punches are brushes, and you'll find them in the store, like all brushes, you can  either add a brush using a colour, or use the eraser tool.  Although Reindeer is  correct for plural, it is also accepted if you add an s.  I added an s to be in keeping with  penguins and polar bears.  here is a link to Carole's brushes in the store. https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12

And another one!    I wrote merry Xmas and a Happy new year in Welsh, using the  Welsh  national colours.  I used  fonts to embellish the frame around the photo, retaining the photo within those fonts. And brushes on the out frame. It waas a cold frosty morning, after the blizzard.

Looking at the two photos you posted, you could  create your own masks  on some of the birds and use them in a greeting card,   using a similar background so they blend in well.  If it would be easier than extracting, as not everything is east to extract. Both of these Jays were masked and I created a background where they would  blend in nicely, or play around with the  blend modes.  You could even  use a selection of the  background to create an autumnal feel, even place a  branch or a log where their are  feet are on the feeder.  There are so many options.

I have many scrap kits and tubes by Alicia Mujica ... needless to say, I love her style.  As my mojo has all but deserted me I thought why struggle trying to create my own elements, papers, layouts etcetera when I could use the trillions (slight exaggeration) I have accrued over the years.  So, until my mojo reappears that is what I shall do.

The tube is called Idaly and the scrap kit is called November, all of which were created by Alicia Mujica.  The layout is by Elif Sahin from Pixel Scrappers and the background paper is ... wait for it, drum roll ... me, myself and I.  It was achieved by an accumulation of layers and different blend modes which is the kind of playing I like to do.  Font used for Idaly is cubu and the font used for the November title is Always Beside You.

Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

Dear Annie, there is nothing wrong with using all the stock you have accumulated, because you liked those things in the first place and they are in your style too. Struggling with creating something does not always give pleasure and I think you must scrap for pleasure! I love this community because it is not about competition! And everybody tries to create and make LO to there own ability. Your mojo will come back and in the mean time make lovely LO's.

Dear Corrie, you got exactly what I was trying to say. A little of myself crept into my last project so perhaps that will build. I am happy to snag photos from Unsplash so I study a scrap kit first and then go hunting for the right photo or tube. I plan on doing that today. Your encouragement means a lot to me Corrie, thank you my friend. ;D

I see that more fun, creative and lovely layouts have been added. Everyone is doing great and inspiring work!

Corrie, I couldn't agree more with you about what you said to Annie and about this Community. I met some wonderful people when I joined the Campus in 2016 and knew absolutely nothing about Scrapbooking, digital or paper. It was because of those people and others that came afterward that I am still around. And more important, let me give a shout-out to Carole, that makes all of this possible.

Here's my November Sketch Challenge layout. I used the two bird photos I took of the tufted titmouse twins but I used a Corel free script on the lower one which changed it to Minimalist Gray 4, an interesting effect. Otherwise the two photos were too similar and the gold seed in the birdfeeder was overpowering.

I also got free Thanksgiving clip-art from Corel and used it here. The cluster top right is called a "badge" and comes with a thick white border in a transparent background. I'm not sure what to do with it but I colored the white border green. Corel has a freebie every Friday in the Discovery Center.

I won the Ribbon Flower Script and have been making some flowers. With my husband in hospital I have not much time left to anything else. I'll come and look what everybody is making and look on FB as well, but that is it. Hopefully my husband will be home just before the weekend, but he will need some time to recover. And to top it of; next week we get a new frontdoor fitted with its frame. For the time being here are my flowers, they will come in handy on some future LO.

I'm sure many of you were at Carole's class at Corel this afternoon on making calendars from scratch. Pure enjoyment and who knew it was so easy to do -- even when you aren't given the elements to make them as we were earlier! She is always so full of tips and tricks. The font she used called Mama ... with the glyphs ... just thought I might mention, it's free on DaFont.com. Easy as pie calling up the character map to make them. Always something interesting to learn! I made a quick one just to cement what I learned in the ole noggin! LOL That's the only way I can keep it there. Thanks, Carole.