What are you working on (in November 2020)?

Cassel

Karon, I just saw your Crow and Cackle but couldn't read it off your layout, so I copied it off the internet:

"The Dear Hunter:

"Crow And Cackle"

The Crow and Cackle of persistent innocence.

Elated in argument.

I'm empty and wondering

if you're only saying what I wanted you to say.

Cause you're only saying

what I wanted to say.

So I'll just wait until our time

Slips through the cracks

fall to the ground

shattering. I'll just keep

waiting for something to improve.

Something to move ahead.

Cause I'm only saying

what you wanted me to say.

The slow and steady sound of silence

hunts us down.

I'm empty and wondering

what you sent me, what you're offering."

Your layout is really nice and the lyrics are also.

Lynda: Yes, I just read his book "And the Answer is... "  That photo is from the cover of the book. In it he confesses that he was happy to don a hairpiece when he did chemo because he was losing his hair anyway. He said.."wish I did this sooner!" <3

Lynda...Love your Bottoms Up layout and after this next week I may have to take your advice.

Ann Seeber...Alex Trebek was such an icon. He will be missed. Great Drinks layout. I definitely need your quote, LOL. And agree with Lynda on your fighting wine glass and coffee mug. Thank you for the compliment on my layout. I just used the lyrics mainly as part of the background and that was the name of the drive up.

Using colours from the photo,  I was pleased with the  outcome, as  I love earth tone colours.  Created a simple frame,   word art, with a little splash of autumnal colour.  For the  border on the right,  I selected a portion of the frame with the selection tool, promoted to a new layer.   It's going to be a busy day moving snow with the tractor, as we had quite the  blizzard yesterday. In case we need to  get out.  The roads are closed, and I've heard that it's going to take 72 hrs to  clear the streets of  the city  of Saskatoon.

Lynda: Neat the way the wine glass shape became a cocktail glass - with a cherry!

Sue: In reading your post again, I focused on your city, Saskatoon. I looked it up and you are a little over 1700 miles from me here in New York, but just the name, Saskatoon, sounds more like some exotic location in the far reaches of the Canadian wilderness! I love the wild west so you're probably living my childhood dream!

Michele a good campus friend of mine lives in  New York, like you she is  2 hours ahead of me.  The Prairie Wilderness, where once   10s of millions  of buffalo roamed, now,  as far as the eye can see  the vast grasslands are now down to crops.  Saskatchewan is a vast province, my home land is Wales UK, where you can place 3 UK's quite comfortably into  Saskatchewan with room to spare.  My equestrian disciplined changed when we moved here from one day eventing, show jumping and dressage to trailing cows across the land for big ranchers.   Over the years horses have been replaced by  quads, and  big trucks to transport cattle.  If you are prepared as I am to get out,  there is an abundance of wildlife.  I love wildlife, and PSP  helps to edit my photos, and showcase them, from the Moose that come  into our treed area on the farm, to macro shots of  the smallest of insects. Buffalo photo is an older shot, the cow and calf Moose visited me on Friday, they come and go as they please as do the Antelope, and other creatures great and small.  I have yet to showcase the Moose.

Sue: I think moose look so comical!

What I know of Wales I learned from reading Sharon Kay Penman's Welsh Princes Trilogy: Here be Dragons, Falls the Shadow and The Reckoning.

I loved learning about Llewelyn, Prince of North Wales and his marriage to the English King John's illegitimate daughter, Joanna, supposedly to secure a peace after years of conflict. Exciting stuff in the 13th Century!

Ann, Wales is steeped in History.  Fictional and factual. To this day the Welsh still don't like the English,  we  don't mind loosing to the Irish or the Scots, or any other team comes to that, when it comes to rugby, but when it comes to the English, we'd rather see  the other teams  win.

All the snow and snow banks have been cleared, until the next snow fall. Feeling in the festive mood, I wanted to use this photo in a Xmas card. I opted for an ecard, created the envelope and card, background paper, using snow brushes, and the brush variance palette. The corners are from somewhere, I can't remember where. I duplicated the corner, mirrored, merged down, duplicated and then flipped, I used the pen tool to create the lines in between the corners.

Sue...Another great card with the White Tail Deer. I always appreciate your little "tutorials" on how they are done. I am almost ready to switch places with you though. Temps here in the 90's and Eta heading our way.

Lynda...What a great layout. Blue Mooon, my DH's favorite, and Margarita's mine.

Thank you Karon, you are always so complimentary with your comments,  and I really do appreciate it.  I don't think you'd want to  switch places with me  at this time of year.  Although the snow scenes  here are stunningly beautiful, the temps drop to  30 below and colder with the wind chill.

Sue: That Christmas card is beautiful! Every element is so well coordinated. I particularly like the corner decorations. And of course, the blue jay could be here, right outside my window in the wild cherry tree, with the evergreen nearby. I long for a camera that would create the blurred effect behind the many birds I try to photograph with my iPhone. My neighborhood is far from serene. I lived in the country for years and am now recently back to city/suburban living which I enjoy as that is the atmosphere I grew up in.

Here's an example of what I have to deal with when I photograph birds here from my kitchen window. I haven't seen this mockingbird recently, hopefully in the spring:

Just playing around with the effects following 'A Beautiful Mess' webinar tutorial but not applied them to any project yet.

The Autumn leaves photo created as a Displacement Map was applied to the Toadstool image which had a Gaussian blur already applied to it. I wouldn't have imagined the final effect but was quite pleased and enjoyed the inspirational tutorial.