Up-to-Date Challenge 2021

Cassel

Jnet, it is ok to start a bit late. Your flowers are beautiful!

Ann S, using the same background is often a way to keep a consistent look through the multiple pages, however, you MIGHT also change your mind, who knows?

Sue, shadows or no shadows is mostly a matter of what you want to achieve as an effect. You might want to make the images as if they were photos glued on the page, or pages framed and behind the page. And both are ok too.

Lynda, that is a great way to display one photo through 4 spots. What font did you use for the month? It looks quite interesting.

Marie-Claire, what font did you use? It looks cool.

Thank you Carole for your comment

I'm moving, I'm running out of time ... and moreover I have to cross over to my daughter's house at 2 houses to have WiFi in order to download the files and also to post once the work is done. My WiFi problem should be fixed today.

Once again I am amazed to see everything that has been done since my layout submission, well done everyone.

Sue, I found that my dates and boxes did not stand out, from there a little bit of shadow ;-)

Whole yesterday evening I spend trying to get the extra characters. The first problem was: I have PSP in English and my Windows and Word are in Dutch. So it took me some time to figure out where this charactermap with the unicode subrange was located. The second problem was to find a font that had those fancy letters. Most didn't or had only a couple. So in the end I decided to use a fancy font I have and then I could change the names of the month to Dutch, because if I really make a gift of this calender it has to be in Dutch. Besides that I wanted to change a photo I wasn't happy with and select more photos for the next month, because I like to see where I can put the photos. I am just like Shirley! At that point PSP frooze for a couple of times. This evening I'll continue. I only have saves my pages in PSP formate and not have not saves them in JPG. Later this day I hope I can show something. Now it's almost time to cook dinner. See you later.

<p style="text-align: left;">Thank you for the comment Carole.  I'm enjoying the new layouts.  I agree, it depends on what effect the creator is looking for, I must admit  I like shadows, they give perspective, and not a flat page, again it's down to personal preference, either is OK.</p>

I decided to use the flowers and gems for their respective months and put the names of family members on the day of their birth. Took me awhile to find all my flower photos. I've taken so many over the years. Thankfully I put the majority on flickr. Anyway, with this calendar no one will have an excuse to forget a birthday, me included. I've got a lot of work to do because this is the only one I have so far.

This chap, Hadley was 30 this year, we bought him for Rachael as a 2yr old, and he's still going  strong.  His birthday is on the 10th July, as is mine.  Once I have completed all the months, I will go back and shadow the photos, and add some text.  I find the  bulk of the work is matching and placing photos, then matching colours for the background paper etc. Also double checking, to make sure everything is as it should be before printing.

Everyone is doing lovely work for this challenge... lots of layouts to be inspired.

I have participated twice before in this challenge and use all my photos that I thought fit. Last year, I created another calendar, even though there was no challenge. So, I am using this time photos from Pixabay.

Here are January and February calendars.

Photos from Couleur, CongerDesign, Pasja, and Suju

Font: Amber Whiskey Aged

It's always fun and inspiring to see everyone's work. This project will be a work in progress for a while.

I am trying to find a way to help my mother keep up with birthdays. At 81, her eyes balk at small print. Using pictures of the kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids in their birthday month should make it easier.

Those who live in the far north, feel free to make fun of the "snow" in the January layout. Alabama doesn't get much, but it freaks them out when there is even a dusting. It's been a while since I lived in Boston, but the memories of digging the car out of snowdrifts still haunt me.