Story Time Challenge 2020

Cassel

Bonnie, this challenge was supposed to trigger memories and stories. That was the goal. We all have those stories in our heads and even if they seem boring, as we have seen, they are little glimpses into others' lives and experiences.

Cindy, awe. I also love to have such determined students like you are!

Shirley, is it possible that the Insert key on your keyboard would have been activated?

Ann S, yes, you are correct. I had not realized that I was reading stories from two Ann! Have you ever considered trying to replicate that stuffed French toast?

Euka, you are not picky, you are SELECTIVE! That is the descriptive a friend gave me as I am otherwise actually picky with food. Can you imagine kids now, at 9-10 years old? They are not even allowed to be out of the house unsupervised! Glad you learned new things with this lesson.

Sandra, it is not just about what is your favorite food but it could also be any story related to food. What memory does that prompt triggers?

Minka, I can definitely imagine a kid getting terrified of what they saw in those horror movies!

Lynda, that is great that the prompt triggered that story. It even makes me hungry! So I guess you are also one who were influenced by movies (even though the Wizard of Oz was not meant to be a horror movie).

Art, when you were copying and pasting, did you have the selection made? If so, did you have the Text tool active AND had clicked inside the selection to see the blinking cursor BEFORE you pasted the text?  You still managed a great result while doing everything manually, the old fashion way!

Corrie, I think I recognize that alphabet. That is a cool one to use on a circle!

Ann A., that is a good idea to post the text alone. You could also have just copied and pasted the text in the post. That would work too.

Gerry, that is such a great anecdote! Did you actually count the stairs or did you just research that number?

Fear is my day 6.

Carole, I have no idea where I was going wrong with my text in the 2 previous projects and I am not sure what you meant by the insert key activated, I know that to get my big wide paragraphs back on track I would go to the kerning box and just press customise and it would all move back into order, it was quite a strange one, but very distressing. In this project for the journaling I did it with the selection text and it worked perfect.

First of all I would like to say what beautiful creations are made by you all :)

I'm late this time, working on project #1.......

I was wondering why I still see the creepy crawlers after cutting a part of the selection? (see attached picture)

Carole, normally, wehn I open a new file, they are shown next to each other but not anymore. I can't find how to change te setteing to get them next to each other?

Not sure my 'fear' is actually a fear or just something that I really, really do not like.   But growing up I don't think I really afraid of anything.  I had 2 children petrified of spiders and still as adults give them wide berth.

The elements and story paper are from ones collected over time, the rest are mine.

This one was an easy one for me. Something we have done all our lives and everyone looks forward to getting the box at some point. May be some treasure you pull out of it ... or maybe not that time. You just never know what you might find. We get to pass along useful things ... not really junk ... and it eventually finds a new home somewhere besides the dump. Once it leaves your house, you never refer to it as yours again - no matter who has it - because it is not yours now. You won't believe how many of us kids had our "first apartment" furnished by "late cellar", "early attic" AND the "BOX PASSING THROUGH."

Thank you Carole for your comments. We were spoiled for photography when we were little. Mom liked to take pictures of us. Despite my age, I find you very lucky to have had a bassinet

You are way ahead of me everyone. I recover today ;-)

I got to see what's coming for my next page updates. Everything I have seen is very beautiful. Congratulations to all!

Here is the translation of my text:

ONE NIGHT

... in our room we were four girls aged 8 to 12 (approx) and there were two queen beds. I used to sleep on the edge of the bed and my younger sister slept deep along the wall.

That evening, on an exchanged places and on a chat and laugh a long time. After several warnings from our mother, she sent us daddy.

We pretended to be asleep as soon as we heard him come up. I think dad knew that it was me who was leading the ball ... because believing me on the edge of the bed, it was my sister with whom I had exchanged the place who received the slap. When she said it's not me, it's Ginette, daddy came back downstairs.

Poor daddy, he who had never raised a hand on any of us had just done it and the bad little girl on top of that. Me nothing. I had narrowly escaped it but dad must have regretted having gone upstairs and my sister never wanted us to exchange our seats again.

Kit by Mamiemiche and modèle Cassel

Here is my story about Fear. This was a story I heard growing up in my family...

UPDATE: It seems I can't stop tweaking my creations! These changes were not extensive. A different colored button and I edited the story, adding a drop shadow to the title.

Now we can see the results together:

=^..^=

My day 4

I used: Kit The Hunt by Dreamsfulfilled and model by Cassel and Personal photo

My translated text:

I have never been a great athlete. I went ice skating when I was about nine years old. We were skating at outside. It was so cold.

Then as a teenager, I loved skating since I took the opportunity to meet little "buddies".

Then, I don't remember exerting myself in any way, other than bowling once a week for a few years.

Today, I walk for an hour every morning and for the past few years I have gone moose hunting either with a crossbow or a rifle.

Carole, j'adore cette manière d'insérer du texte dans une page, après beaucoup d'années sur PSP je suis étonnée d'avoir encore des choses à apprendre ;-)

My day 5

I used the Thaliris kit: Sweet Cooking and the Cassel model

My translated text:

What I prefer to cook are desserts ... Yum, I'm sweeter than salty. I like to do everything, I taste and I try everything I see.

Next comes the seafood which I love. I do not have the opportunity to cook it often. At the restaurant it is my first choice of menu.

I don't forget the recipes from our region: like the tourtières from Lac-St-Jean (different from those in Montreal), cabbage cigars, blueberry pies from Lac-St-Jean and many others.

I always make my recipes in large quantities that I freeze.

Here is my day # 7

I know you can’t see it really well but the in the Christmas tree I put the photo of the real Christmas tree in it. The lights fit perfect but it’s hard to tell it’s there.

I got my stock photos at Pexel.com. I used Carole's template. My elements and papers came from a kit called " A Holly Berry Christmas" from Crazeds Creations.

Carole :  Thank you so much for doing the Story Time Challenge.  I really enjoyed going down memory lane.  I also learned so much.  It became easier and easier to write the stories as I went along.  All except the cooking one lol.

To every one else: the stories and the layouts have been truly  awesome.  Great Job!

Thank you for an excellent challenge. It's always fun to see everyone's work, but the stories were an added bonus.

Carole: I confess that I had to look up the number of steps there were to the bell tower. At the time, I had two concerns: was I going to have a heart attack before reaching the top or have one before I hit the ground after losing my balance.

Shirley, on every keyboard, there is a key called Insert. It changes the cursor's behavior from "inserting" to "overwriting". I just thought that it MIGHT be a possible cause. Your fear of spiders is shared. When I moved to my first apartment, the location had been unoccupied for a couple of weeks and the screen was partly ripped. This allowed a lot of spiders to come, uninvited and make themselves home there. I was LIVID when I first came in the apartment!

Monique, when you REMOVE a selection, it means you remove an area from the selected area. It needs to keep those marching ants so you know where the edges of the selected area are. That is what will allow you to add the text inside that confined area. To view more images side by side, you go to Window > Tabbed Documents and UNcheck it.

Euka, I guess spiders are a common "dislike" if not a fear!

Minka, that Box idea is great. I wish people now would more often consider this instead of throwing what they no longer need or want.

Corrie, thunderstorms so often scare kids, especially if the parents are also anxious or unable to explain what it was. I remember disliking the lightning part, but when I learned about counting the number of seconds between the light and the sound, I guess it gave me a focus and now, I actually enjoy watching the show from the living room large window. Is that photo you added a photo of yourself?

John (or Oupa), welcome to the Campus. I am glad to see you jump into this challenge, however late it is. I had never heard that name so it is very interesting to learn its meaning. Keep those stories coming!

Jnet, I guess in those days, it was very unusual for a father to admit such a mistake! Oh, la chasse à l'arbalète! ça demande de la force ça! As-tu déjà tué un orignal? Tu devrais venir au NB pour manger des fruits de mer directement du quai!

Ann S., I can just imagine kids being scared like that. My son was hiding behind the seats in the theater when we went to see Lion King!! Is Adam a cat you adopted?

Sandra, I am glad you enjoyed this process. We too often associate scrapbooking only with photos, while it should also be about the stories even without photos. If they are not documented somewhere, they will be lost forever, while photos MIGHT be passed on, but even then, a photo without a story is like a meal without any seasoning.

Gerry, sad to think that you felt "intimidated" but I guess it turned out ok, I hope. I kind of assumed that you had to look up the number of steps as I think it would be way too hard to keep count while fighting the fear and anxiety of heights!

My day 7.  Thank you Carole for an interesting story time challenge.  I am a bit embarrassed to say, but I didn't realize there was a template for each day until I was a few days from the end, I didn't notice the arrow as it toned in with the video cover pattern, so I say thanks for the templates too.

I think you will be right about the insert button, next to the delete which I use quite often when editing text, and I do recall hitting it o couple of times by mistake, I would not have thought of  that.  I have had no issues with the text over the last 2 designs.

We are always learning.

Thanks

Carole: You asked "Is Adam a cat you adopted?" Yes, he and his adoptive sister Eve. Her animal shelter name was Mango but I changed it to match his.

Adam already knew and answered to his name so I didn't want to try to change it when he was new to our family. He was disoriented as it was! Eve didn't know her name because she had only been in her shelter a short while. Here they both are. I was trying out the Depth of Field adjustment on this photo -