Story Time Challenge 2020

Cassel

Day 3 is done, and like Sandra, I am finding the journaling easier if I just write my story first and then take a screenshot to add it to the page. I am impressed how everyone seems to find appropriate embellishments to accent their stories. Well done all. It takes a while to read everyone's stories but it is worth it. Fun to read snippets of your lives. Thanks for sharing.

Like Ann, I was back and forth between the video and the layout. Once it was all in place, it made perfect sense.

Modifying the selection to accommodate elements has made me appreciate the "word wrap" function in desktop publishing or word processing programs.

It's fun reading the stories. An added treat is the geographical diversity of the group.

Bonnie, if the shapes you are using are supposed to be "stamped", you can use the technique illustrated in the blog to write/stamp on different surfaces! I had never heard of the name Brimm. I guess there are lots of names I have never heard of, since I was raised in a French area!

Cindy, one thing we can say is that you persevere!!! Working that many hours and you didn't give up. Great job!

Shirley, you should definitely continue to document and share your stories. Whether you turn them into scrapbook pages or just notebook pages, your story deserves to be told!

Gerry, so the pronunciation of your name is like "Gary"? If so, I apologize for misnaming you if you ever joined our live classes! That story about getting the kids up while they were still sleeping reminds me of what I used to do when my kids had their "night" in our waterbed and were definitely too big to pick up. We would walk them from our bed to theirs in the same way!

Ann S., so the B. was not REALLY for Bartley? That is definitely an interesting fact! I smiled at your Star War story, and even more when you mentioned smoking pot!!!

Minka, the letters for your FAMILY title are fun. Did you create them yourself? I would suggest that the layer arrangement be tweaked a bit: I think the curly ribbon would look more realistic if it were on top of those letter tiles instead of under. I would also move the text from below the images a little bit so as to not overlap the edge of those images. But that is mostly my preference for "realism". For your story, I hope you will add all that text onto another scrapbook page! Did you make those clusters in your "Maine" layout?

Art, I guess I didn't realize that you were Canadian! I have only been in Windsor once; when I was going through to Detroit for a workshop, in the 90's. But I was born and raised in Montreal! What area of Montreal are you familiar with? You were a clever kid to avoid church that long!! Are you also multilingual like your dad?

Rae, that is so strange to have to choose another name to avoid confusion! Is that plastic reindeer the one you used on your page?

Lynda, glad to see you succeeded in wrapping the text into that shape. Doesn't that add a lot of options now for longer text? I was SOOO happy when that feature was added to PSP! Fun story with Fay and the poor taxi driver. Yes, I can just imagine his face when you appeared!

Ann A., I can just imagine how "interesting" it could be for a Texan to ski when you have almost never done that. I'll have to admit though, that I have NEVER skied, EVER, so I would probably do even worse!

Sandra, when you added the text, I am wondering if it is being added as editable text or as an image from where you copied it. If it is an image, it would explain the blurriness. Looking at the reflection on the refrigerator: that is one of those tricks the parents learn to use for many years before the kids figure it out!

Corrie, does it mean that you celebrate Christmas on December 5th or is it a separate celebration from the 25th?

Euka, I guess Goldilock was more pleasing than Ginger, although I would have associated Goldilock mostly with blond hair. Your story reminds me of my cousin who had natural blond heir and when she would go to the hair dresser, she often heard other customers asking the hairdresser what color bottle was used for her own hair. She is in her 50's now and still has that blond hair!

Jnet, that is a nice picture to have and show!!

Day#4

I was such a tom boy growing up.  I played all the sports with the boys like baseball, basketball and football but was never interested in the girl sports like gymnastics, cheer leading etc.  Not quite sure why that is.

I used a kit called "Let's Play Ball" by Pretty Ju Scraps

Here is my story.

Congratulations on the new pages that have been added since my visit yesterday! So beautiful!

Translated text

Christmas

We were ten children, we had beautiful holidays. Christmas was special.

I remember a Christmas with my maternal grandparents where there were in the living room when we arrived a ton of gifts for my children's eyes. Among them was an unpacked bassinet.

When I was six and a half I said to myself: it's for me and I couldn't wait! What was my disappointment when I saw that it was for one of my cousins ​​of the same age.

Despite my disappointment I was happy with what I was offered. I will learn much later that it is mom who dressed this bassinet with her fairy fingers for her sister's goddaughter.

Credits:  Template Cassel

Scrap Ton Noel by Ashes

Photo perso

I only remember this thanksgiving its the only one in my brain history.  This is my Father he did 3 tours in Vietnam and was upset when he couldn't do a 4th.  The Man with my father was a news reporter it was my fathers job to keep him alive and show him how things worked in Vietnam.

I liked this lesson but it was very hard, I had to start over about 10 times.  But I am very proud of my story.

Hello everyone

I'm running behind, only had a chance to start this challenge this morning. We have been without internet for several days, so I'm only looking at Day 1 now.  I've got my page layout sort of the way I want it but I'm really struggling with getting the text happening.  When I go to the freehand selection tool to shape my text layer there isn't anything visible for me to select anything else.  I realise it's something I haven't done so would love some help. But, here is my layout so far, just waiting for the text.

Jean

Jean,, I don't  know if I'm the one to give you advice but if you have 2020 PaintShop pro you should be able to make a selection on the layer you want your text on , I use point to point,  then activate your text tool , click inside your selection and either type your text or as I prefer ,copy and paste your aready typed text from notepad. A text vector layer will be created. You can make changes to your text,size,color,font if you select your text and make the changes. Hope this is helpful. If not you should directly ask Carole. She is always helpful.

Good luck,

Lynda

Thanks Lynda, I sort of think I've got that sorted, but my problem is when I'm trying to tell PSP what shape I want the text box, when Carole said to click on the freehand selection tool, then select freehand, I don't seem to be able to find that freehand bit, my tool options box doesn't show anything. Hope I've explained that sensibly!

Barbara, it is ok if we cannot read the resized version. You can always copy and paste the text in the post for us to read it. The important thing is that it is legible for YOU, in the full-size format, if you choose to print it or display it otherwise. I think only the admin can delete posts.

Shirley, maybe you could make a selection slightly inside the frame you will use so the text is not so close to the edge that we wonder if we are missing something under that frame :)

Sandra, never underestimate the swing of a girl passionate about baseball!

Jnet, je me souviens aussi du temps où  les moïses étaient populaires. Il me semble en avoir eu un quand j'étais petite.

Paula, glad to see you join and post. I guess in those days, dad's were often absent at the birth of their children as it was considered "not really a man's place". He got a nice present for Christmas though!

Minka, that story is perfect. The idea of those prompts are to trigger SOME memories and stories loosely related to the theme, and this is definitely related to sports anyways!

Corrie, it is a good thing that the water was not deeper than that. Can you imagine what could have happened if it were!? As for sports, I think it is still an interesting fact that you didn't like sports! Why not share that!?

Gerry, that is a funny story, at least, now! I am sure it was embarrassing at the time. I am glad this prompt brought back that story to you. It is those tiny anecdotes that make so many family gatherings so interesting!

Cindy, did you play with the Leading setting to make the lines closer together? It sure works for adding more text into the same space instead of making it smaller! Good job.

Lynda, were there players on opposite areas of the "double field"? So two pitches and two hitters almost at the same time?

Jean, Lynda has great explanation. The Freehand selection tool is what we often call the Lasso tool.