Story Time Challenge 2020

Cassel

Hi best Most Patient, I have no idea how you can do so much, Must be there's magic in your black belt.

My daughter just got home from the hospital I cant wait to go over and see her, the recovery room nurse heather was so  awesome to me on the phone.    Those hrs in surgery and recovery was hard, But soon as I heard she was being released I tried to do my day 4 work that I was stuck on for 3 days, and it went zap zap done.   Like I had black belt Karate Power I added a lot of tubes because I love them so and even though its hard to make them its fun when I am stressed.   Me and stress don't do good together.       tubes show how happy I am, lots of tubes.

The big shark is one that swam under me and people was yelling from the shore in Japan, who seen the shark shadow and was trying to warn me.   I was oblivious until I got on the beach, but he didn't want me :)

Here is my day 7, I used  the mini kit Kiss from Pixelscrappers, with the latest freebie from Carole the paper punched because they fitted to my story.

Carole the photo of the lightning is sadly not my one, I found it on the internet. And thank you so much for again an interesting challenge.

Hi All,

Everyone's stories are so cool I am going to try to find a super scary movie eat popcorn and then go to bed.  Only cause

my eyes are blurry right now so going on break.    Loved everything I learned, and thanks for the backstage help.

I am learning and One big thing I don't just freak,  thank you Best teacher I wouldn't trade you for one that Paid me to

use them.   Your so Important Carole to so many!     Oh this is licorice I bought in Scrapbook store, I have every color. :)

A bit late to post this but nevertheless here it is.   Each day there have been so many stories that could have been told but they can now be added into my scrapbook when I find the photos to go with them.

Thanks to all especially Carole for making these challenges available for us all .

Day 6 was difficult for me. I didn't want scary looking snakes on my page. Finally decided on rocks since we threw them at the snake.

The text reads:

My parents and I often went to "The Lake" to swim and fish. There was a public park which gave us access to the lake and picnic tables. One such day I was playing in the water and having a great time. My parents called me out of the water and I knew there was something different in their voices. Amazingly, I came out...I didn't always without repeated requests.

They had seen a large water moccasin swimming toward the shore...right where we were. It came out of the water and my Dad began to throw rocks at it. I joined in because in my young mind, I could help. Each time a rock bounced by the moccasin struck at it multiple times. Dad and I continued to throw rocks at it until finally it was dead.

Shortly after that a family with small children came running from the parking lot to the water. They ran right over the spot where the snake would have been. All they were thinking was a great day for water fun. Thankfully, the snake was not able to spoil their fun.

I don't like snakes. Never have. I am frightened of them but have learned to tolerate their presence at a distance. I do not want the venomous ones around but I can accept the non-venomous ones. They do their part for the balance of nature.

Ann S, you asked "What's next?". I guess the next event in the Campus will be the Bootcamp, to help our newbies. I'll see what other challenge will be in October :)

Shirley, if you discovered the templates late in the challenge, you might now use them to continue documenting more stories!

Lynda, pumpkins can definitely overtake a garden. I hope yours is large!

Cindy, that is a lot of tubes, but all very appropriate for your theme! That PB&J story is really a great display of using different colors for the text! That is no longer beginner's level!!!

Corrie, that is such a nice story to remember about reading to your grandfather!

Euka, yes, you can keep adding those pages to your album. Remember that you don't need photos to document them. Scrapbooking is not just about photos and if you wait for photos, the stories have time to get lost.

Bonnie, you could tell the story without having a photo of a snake!

Finally, #2 is ready.

It took me sometime to discover I had remove instead of replace active in the magic wand option, that's why it didn't work at first. :) But here it is! :)

And looking for a scrapkit that suitable for what you would like to make is time consuming, so many on the internet :) :)

I was just wondering: if you collect a lot of scrapkits, what's a good way to keep track of what you have?

A-Z, sort by color or name or something else?

Carole mon père n'a jamais reparlé de l'affaire, il était trop choqué. C'était un homme tellement doux. La chasse à l'arbalète demande de la force pour la transporter car la mienne est assez pesante, par contre pour tirer, cela ne demande aucun effort. Je suis déjà allée à St-John voir mon mari qui y travaillait, les fruits de mer y étaient délicieux. Si tu arrives à lire mes écrits, peux-tu me dire si Google traduit bien mon français ;-)

Monique,

I have a serious problem with downloading all kinds of digital scrapbooking kits online.  There are so many that are free.  Over the years I actually have  a 500 gigabyte hard drive full of them.  I organize them by subject like birthdays, seasons, heritage or memories and boys/girls etc.  I try only to keep those that I can make a full page from.

It is taking me forever to find a kit for one photo so recently I decided to delete most of my old files from years ago unless I really like them or I bought them.

Hello everyone!

Other nice layouts have been added, it's nice to look at.  With Carole's comments on the page views I was able to get some ideas about your writings.

Here is the translation of my page 6

My fears

As a child, I had fun by tearing the legs of spiders with long common legs without fear. I don't remember when or why they scared me all my life. On the other hand now, I tolerate them and I manage to drive them away when I am alone. If my husband is there, he takes care of it.

My biggest fear is anything that crawls ... and I know where this fear comes from.

Around the age of seven or eight, one of my cousins ​​near my house scared me by telling me that he would make me eat an earthworm. He chased me with a worm in his hands around the house as a mom

didn't come out to quibble him and tell him to leave me alone.

Credits:  Charliegraph Creation -- kit Fun at the zoo --  template Cassel  --  paper, spider web and  spider personal

A big thank you Carole for this new story. I wondered if I had already done it and to my memory I think not. I do not regret my registration because I still learned things there.

My day 7

Translated text

To the beach

It was before I was twenty. One beautiful sunny day I was at the beach with the one who would become my husband.

As we sat facing the lake I saw a little child fall face first in water. I waited for him to stand up but he was unable to, I hurried to get him out of there.

He had already taken a few broths. His mom came behind me to take care of her little one.

credits:  template and star de Cassel - personal photo - font for doodle

Monique I have the same problem. I started in March and now I just try to collect only the ones I like very much! And if I need something special for a layout I try to search with that in mind. I have still stored them by name, but have the alphabets, templates and overlays separate. And I made special categories for Easter, Christmas/NewYear and Birthdays

Dance dance dance :)

My day 4 project...........The joy part is a bit to bright I think, but that's ok for now :)

You will have to keep practicing that's for sure, there was a drop shadow help so you could set the settings to lot of the embelishments, but have to look what that was ;)

I have learned from this story time challenge and all your wonderful sharing of your time, Carole your my 2020 hero this whole years as bad as my yr 99.  Just got to babies through surgerys, I dont like how things are going  but having faith and my babies are home now. I am thankfull for this blessing and Our Hero Carole with her time and help to everyone not just me.

Day 7

I was so busy trying to get the project right I forgot to tell the correct story about our dog, how we got her.

Well, anyway, the project is done.

I still forget from time to time how to make the text curve. That took a long time this project.

Here it is..........

• 2 weeks later...