Story Time Challenge 2020

Cassel

Carole, I understand what the Freehand Selection tool is, but when I select it, so that I can shape the text box around the elements, there are no options in the Tool Options box to select.  When I select a rectangle, the options are there, but they disappear when I select the Freehand Selection tool.  I'm sure it's just a setting I haven't found, but I need help.  I know how to just do a rectangle text box.

Thanks, Jean

So many interesting stories people have to tell - snippets of life that often get forgotten until something / someone comes along and jogs our memory.  Thanks for that Carole!

The papers and elements are mine apart from the flower at the top left .. the rest are preset shapes as I couldn't find anything else in the colours - the centres are a glass button I made but I need to work on my button making!   The story font is Lato, the heading Bauhaus.

Any suggestion as to the best setting to use when resizing please?- smart or bicubic or one of the other options.

Thanks for your mention of my frames  Carole. I made the selection for the text on both occasions, I didn't expect the border frame to hang in so close on the left side of the selections, but that is how it turned out. I wasn't happy with  what happened but I didn't know what action to take. All the words were in view. Note I have left the border frame off this day 4 project.

Sorry, I'm running late this week. Showtime is being a pain with some ads we are running for their show at our theater on Wed! Plus, I had a hard time with topic. I did track and field in HS but nothing to write a story about. The topic I ended up doing is my daughter's risk-taking which involved a dangerous sport! See for yourself..

UPDATE: Of course I had to tweak it a bit..not sure which one I like better..

Carole, you got me to thinking because I have never met another "Brimm". I Googled it and this is the start of what I found. It seems to be a surname mostly. I found businesses and history.

"Brimm History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms

Origins Available:

England

Brimm is a name of ancient Anglo-Saxon origin and comes from the family once having lived in Gloucestershire, where they held the manor and lands of Breme in the village and parish of that name. It is from the manorial name from which the family name is derived. The name Breme meant fierce, or vigorous."

https://www.houseofnames.com/brimm-family-crest

Early Origins of the Brimm family

The surname Brimm was first found in Gloucestershire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.

When I turned sixteen, my Mom and I got lobster licenses and we went together. She made me drive the boat and she pulled the traps. Wasn't how I thought that should go, but that's what she decided so that was that. My cousin also went with her Mom and it was the same scenario. I guess Mom's know best. I have always loved lobster and there is nothing like one pulled right from the water. Oddly, my husband was allergic to all shellfish, so I rarely ate any at home after I got married. Now when I get home from being away - that's one of the first things I want! They are even better when corn season kicks in! Still prefer to eat them outside though as it does sometimes make a mess. LOL

Hi Lynda

Obviously I'm not explaining myself properly.  I know where the Freehand Selection Tool is and I know how to select it.  But when I do, there is nothing available at the top to select the 2nd Freehand. When I use the Rectangle selection, there is other things available to select, but when I select the Freehand Selection tool all those options disappear.  I'm needing to know how to get these options to appear.  Have attached 2 screenshots of what's available when I select the rectangle and then when I select the Freehand Selection.

Lynda:  thanks so much for mentioning you used notebook for your text--I'd forgotten about that (and how to do it)--once I found it, it made doing text so much easier because I type way faster that my PaintShop Pro can process what I'm doing and it was making me crazy--so, thanks again!

food memories

Well Day 4 is finally done. It took a while as I have a lot of blurry Black and White photos from my early years in Canada thanks to my dad's interest in photography. But it took a while to locate the best ones to use in this story. so, I decided to design this page using the B&W theme.

I spent a while reading all your submissions and enjoyed the stories very much.

Corrie, Ik spreek nog steeds Hollands maar met een Canadees accent. At least that is what my cousins tell me.

I went for the Text on a Path option. My justification was that I needed to practice and I did have to look it up.

The real reason is that I got bogged down in trying to find letters that I liked. One of my challenges, in general, is overthinking design aspects at the expense of the main point of the challenge, in this case, the journaling.

This is only tangental to this challenge but everytime I open my PaintShop Pro I get an offer for the 2021 edition --my question is about the descriptive word "upgrade"--does that mean that if I pay for this edition it'll make changes to edition I own, the 2019 one, rather than giving me a totally new program that leaves my other one alone?

A few years ago, I had an edition of psp that had some features I liked;I bought a new one online and all the features I liked in the old program disappeared.  Is that what upgrade means?  I won't know if the latest edition will take away something I like until it's already gone, dismissed by the shiny new edition.

Does this question make sense?

Gerry-I overthink everything as well. I can spend an inordinate amount of time on a page that looks like it took a few minutes.  You did a really nice job with your text fitting into a shape.  I don't think I've ever done that but I need to learn how but I like the way it looks.

Art--I didn't realize that it didn't snow much in Holland.  Your photos took me back to Montana--my father was stationed there for several years in the mid-late '50s--my toes started to hurt just as I was thinking of the number times my feet froze while skating at the outdoor rink near my house.  There was a little hut with a wood-burning stove and I'd go in, take off my skates, put them back on, and within minutes, my feet were freezing again.  Actually, my feet froze on the bus on the way to school; there were two little heaters that only heated air about a foot or two away from its vents. I actually loved living in Montana and loved the snow but my feet never adapted.