Story Time Challenge 2020

Cassel

Barbara,

I just downloaded the upgrade. I have 2020 and 2019 on my computer and they are not affected but I am having trouble with 2021. When it installs it will ask if you want a clean install or if you want your previous work incorporated into 2021. That is not the way it's worded but that's what it does. The trouble I'm having is I can't seem to get past the opening screen so I will be getting in touch with Corel.

Good Luck,

Lynda

Ann A., did you end up impressing that person again after that wig incident?

Jean, check your emails. I think I have the solution for your issue. Lynda, thanks for helping Jean, but I think the issue is just a setting in her PSP that does not display the toolbar in the same way. Let's see if that solves the issue.

Barbara, isn't that interesting that in some families, they would purposefully repeat a name from a relative, while in others, it is totally the opposite? I think it is quite strange to have Squeak as a nickname! Oh, those Christmas catalogs!! Kids now won't know the excitement of flipping all those pages! As for the Upgrade, it can be misleading. You get the upgrade PRICE, but it won't affect your previous versions at all as it will still be the full version that will install completely separate from any other version.

Euka, I am not really sure which resizing setting is "best". I tend to use the "smart" (hoping it really is smart) but I have seen the "bicubic" being suggested in some tutorials. Maybe I should do a comparison between those settings. Maybe there is a "best" setting based on the content of the page? I am not sure. I can imagine you playing that prank with the handbags. How old were you?

Shirley, at least, darts is not a sport that causes too many injuries! For the mention of the frame, if you happen to end up with one that is very close to your text, you can probably allow yourself to enlarge it as it won't be a big resize and it won't cause much distortion at all (even though I always say to NEVER enlarge).

Lynda, I heard of the Double Diamond Baseball a few years ago, where the diamond is doubled (each base has two bases) and players alternate in running clockwise and counterclockwise at the same time! HERE is a page with the rules. For the upgrade, you can "import" content from the last three versions. Basically, what it means is that it will (or should) just add the default supplies folders in the File Location of the current version. I did try it and it didn't work as it still created empty default folders. Not a big deal, as you can also do the same thing through File > Import > Content from previous versions.

Bonnie, isn't that interesting how that barbeque meant so much to you, while it was "ordinary" for everyone else?

Minka, where do you live? Where I am, lobster is also very common. We even used to have one day of the year where you could get a lobster meal at the hospital cafeteria! Basically, you could walk, from the hospital to the wharf to buy fresh lobster!

Art, if you consider your area as having a lot of snow, you should come north! :) I remember one winter I went to Toronto for Christmas, and we woke up after a snowstorm overnight. My husband proceeded to shovel to help our hosts, but by noon, most of the snow had melted anyways!

Gerry, did you look in the PixelScrappers site for alphas? They seem to have a lot and you can search by color too.

Ann S., I actually like the layout with the little eyes. I think they definitely emphasize the feeling of the "You did what?"

My story day 5 FOOD

I know there are a couple of spelling errors, but I had so many issues with the text. First I was going to use the selection tool for my text, but each time if  I went to correct text the sentences would separate into sections with big gaps.

Also when I highlighted words for correction   the letter in question  would disappear so I would be inserting  a new letter,  losing a letter and I would end up having to keep replacing a letter that kept disappearing for  the entire sentence. Also a word would separate and I would end up with one letter on a line and the rest of the word on another line. Well this lasted about 4 hours from 4pm until 8 pm by the clock until I decided to change my plan and not use the selection tool for the text and this is how I have left it.

Sometimes one just wants to stop while the going is almost there, then it won't get worse. I wonder if others have the same issues. or psp is just punishing me.

Even though I only eat beef and lamb I love cooking and experimenting and I have a willing family as my guinea pig taste testers!!  My neighbour also is a very happy taster recipient.  I cannot tolerate coffee and that is one thing I won't add in my cooking as coffee just doesn't agree with me.

This is the first time I have used only a scrap kit,  it is Mango Tango by Delicious Scraps as it had the alpha font in it. Until I found it I was tempted to add text  to a curve but then I thought that kind of defeated the purpose of the challenge for me to learn something new.

I finally understand how to remove unwanted paper in template layers after watching the Day 2 video a few times.  Also learnt how to adjust text wrapping around elements and creating text using 2 layers.

Thank you Carole for your time, instructional videos and comments and thank you also to everyone for sharing your interesting stories and creative layouts.

ps Carole -I think I would have been around 9 or 10 when we were playing pranks with the handbag.

Fears ... well, as an adult I am fairly fearless. But I still have very clear memories of when it was made abundantly clear that teenagers do not always make great decisions! My Mom learned that lesson the hard way!

Well this assignment was a challenge for as I could not get the text of my story to automatically fit into the circle shape. The PSP Help has a chapter on Pasting and Fitting text to a shape. It has some simple steps that should lead to a Paste-to-Fit option, except I was only ever given a Paste option. That gave me one long line of text that I had to manually break up to fit into the circle. In the end I got the text where I wanted it but it took a lot of time to make it right.

If you have any experience on how to make this feature work, please let me know.

Art: I did my text in a circle by using the select tool, choosing circle as my shape. Then I pasted my text into that. It took a bit of juggling to get the correct size text and I found it worked best in the "centered" mode. I ended up doing the little headline on a separate vector layer. Hope this helps.