Calendar Workshop 2025

Cassel

12 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I'm also posting unfinished stuff because PSP is being quite cantankerous tonight.  I am living with a few things in the mask to see if I want to leave it or delete the part in question - the stem running through the frame.  I've cut it off completely from going out of the frame part of the mask, in one month, and cut off only in the frame part of another one month.   

sje-2025-07-600.jpg

I just take one of your posts to tell you that your photos are great and very creative. I l see you do not use a capital to start the month name and that is an idea that I'm going to try because I had a bit of a problem with my months. Being still pressed for time this week I will certainly need at least the next week or so to get everything ready for printing. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

My finished June. I have been working on my calendars to make sure that they are consistent and adding major holidays. I decided not to use birthdays and anniversaries. I am not sure of the colors for June, although I love red, so this month may be changing. The elephant is an Asian elephant from Canva. My original elephant was African. David gave me a lesson on the differences.

dsJune.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I just take one of your posts to tell you that your photos are great and very creative. I l see you do not use a capital to start the month name and that is an idea that I'm going to try because I had a bit of a problem with my months. Being still pressed for time this week I will certainly need at least the next week or so to get everything ready for printing. 

Thank you so much Corrie, it means the world to me.  I'm on the right track of what I like to do.  I'm not sure what prompted me to use all lower case but I like it.  I'm still experimenting with much of the pages so I will also be several weeks playing around to get it all right.  My posted pages may be all over the place in design, it's so I can "live" with it for awhile then see what appeals to me in the end.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Julian Adams said:

It's starting to come back to me.  I went for a much simpler, cleaner look this time.

April a.jpg

I LOVE everything about this.  What perfect color and the date boxes.  I had thought about deleting the un-used boxes and now seeing how great it looks I will do that.  I'm happy to see another flower photographer, it's super inspiring to see all the members who shoot flowers.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here is my preliminary for September. I'll be adding some journaling later on all of them. This is "Rooben" & Matilda the resident kangaroos. The background is a paper from a collection called Boho Digital Papers.

2025 SEPTEMBER NASHVILLE ZOO CALENDAR_PRELIMARY.jpg

I know I'm having a brain moment, but how do you get the frame to be super solid black and white?  You calendar is going to be as Awesome as it always is. Cant wait to see it all together.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sharla said:

That is a great photo of tulips. I like everything about your layout - it looks great.

4 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I LOVE everything about this.  What perfect color and the date boxes.  I had thought about deleting the un-used boxes and now seeing how great it looks I will do that.  I'm happy to see another flower photographer, it's super inspiring to see all the members who shoot flowers.  

Thank you two so much.  Part of my inspiration was liking the less saturated colors you are using Susan, and the lighter colors you are using Sharla..

One thing I have been doing is to put the boxes and numerals from the dates on different layers so I can use different 3D effects. Does anyone else do that?

Edited by Julian Adams
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

@Art Kuiper I keep using and re-using some of those features like the Lock Transparency, and the Character Map for many projects. Those are good tools in your toolbox.

@Susan Ewart The minimalism of your photos make simple background very suitable. Those photos are the real stars!

@Cristina Two of your images are not showing. I am not sure why (January and February). Out of curiosity, are all those images from the same author or the same theme?

@Sharla I am glad those extra months are useful to you too (starting on Monday).

@Julian Adams Beautiful effect on your April page. A subtle bevel is great and not distracting.

@Ann Seeber It is so interesting that you have the names for those animals. You might want to add those details on the pages!

@Donna Sillia What event is on June 15th?

Remember that with the last lessons, it is very possible that you will want to revise and edit your first pages. That is alright. It is actually expected so if you end up with a very different page, enjoy the experience and the process.

Keep those pages coming! 

• Like 5

In the 4th lesson we learned to colorize dates that are important on the calendar. Since I was putting a white background on my dates so that I could still keep it white to write on while I had a different background paper, I had to use a different technique for colorizing the dates.  In February, we have Valentine's day (pink) and I have 3 birthday dates (gold); I had to use a different technique. I  isolated the 14 date with the magic wand (set to RGB) and flood filled the selection with pink; then I isolated the 4 birthday dates with the magic wand and flood filled them with the gold. I'm not sure if I will use this February page or use the original with no dates highlighted, but it was fun.

2025 February-1-2_1000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I consider this November page as totally finished, instead of preliminary as are the rest of mine. This time I added a title and journaling. The title is filled with a rainbow metallic gradient. The fonts are Play On and Playfair Display. Again I used a few promoted layers moved up to be outside the group in order to create the frame and mat effects. This is really a fun workshop!

2025 NOVEMBER NASHVILLE ZOO CALENDAR_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

59 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I consider this November page as totally finished, instead of preliminary as are the rest of mine. This time I added a title and journaling. The title is filled with a rainbow metallic gradient. The fonts are Play On and Playfair Display. Again I used a few promoted layers moved up to be outside the group in order to create the frame and mat effects. This is really a fun workshop!

2025 NOVEMBER NASHVILLE ZOO CALENDAR_600.jpg

Ann very nice and lovely to see the name of the bird and some explanation of it. Your calendar will be beautiful! I'm still in doubt if I want to have a solid frame around my photos or keep it translucent.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Art Kuiper I keep using and re-using some of those features like the Lock Transparency, and the Character Map for many projects. Those are good tools in your toolbox.

@Susan Ewart The minimalism of your photos make simple background very suitable. Those photos are the real stars!

@Cristina Two of your images are not showing. I am not sure why (January and February). Out of curiosity, are all those images from the same author or the same theme?

@Sharla I am glad those extra months are useful to you too (starting on Monday).

@Julian Adams Beautiful effect on your April page. A subtle bevel is great and not distracting.

@Ann Seeber It is so interesting that you have the names for those animals. You might want to add those details on the pages!

@Donna Sillia What event is on June 15th?

Remember that with the last lessons, it is very possible that you will want to revise and edit your first pages. That is alright. It is actually expected so if you end up with a very different page, enjoy the experience and the process.

Keep those pages coming! 

June 15th is Father's Day

• Like 4