Calendar Workshop 2025

Cassel

13 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here are my May (Flamingos) and June (Screaming Hairy Armadillo-yes, really!) May background is color fill with a citrus peel + noise texture and June is a paper. Is it possible to color the flowery background to the mask and the frame?

2025 MAY NASHVILLE ZOO CALENDAR_PRELIM.jpg

2025 JUNE NASHVILLE ZOO CALENDAR_PRELIM.jpg

I want one!  So cute.  Love the backgrounds you are doing Ann.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Art Kuiper said:

Well I have Day 1 calendar pages done. I used the day 2 Background instructions to liven the pages up. I also highlighted some dates as those are family birthdays that need to be remembered. These first two photos are from my library but were not shot in the wild. Hence the sad face on the gorilla. I struggled a bit this the mask until I realized from all the other submissions that they were designed to show through outside the frame. I like the effect.

2025-01 Gorilla s.jpg

2025-02 Eagle s.jpg

Fabulous eagle shot!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I'm also posting unfinished stuff because PSP is being quite cantankerous tonight.  I am living with a few things in the mask to see if I want to leave it or delete the part in question - the stem running through the frame.  I've cut it off completely from going out of the frame part of the mask, in one month, and cut off only in the frame part of another one month.   

sje-2025-07-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Here I have two versions.  One I'm playing with the date box - I just stretched it to see if I wanted it bigger (I do).  I will watch the YouTube video Sue T mentioned and think about trying a different style.  and I played with the frame/mask which I added a texture to and then a different texture to the background.  since I'm wishy-washy on what I want to do, I'm going to try different things and live with them for a bit and hope a good idea comes out of it by the end.  You'll notice my photos seem darkish, it was intentional, I seemed to be into the darker moody stuff when I photographed them over several months.  They dont look great at this resolution though.

sje-2025-08-V2-600.jpg

sje-2025-08-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

5 hours ago, Cassel said:

Those masks are called "artsy". There are some designers who create great masks of that style. Maybe I should make a tutorial (or a class) on that type of mask.

Carole, repeating myself, I love these calendar artsy mask templates. After seeing some designers' work, I have been playing with this style for some time.

I like the idea of a tutorial or class. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Love 1

For this year, I decided to reuse the images I'd collected and used in the previous calendar workshops.   They are all from Pixabay.   I created the date boxes some years ago.   I also have Cassel's Custom Calendar script, which comes in handy.

I have created calendars until August.   Here are January and February. 

I used Cassel's Alpha Bead script and Confetti Spring Picture Tube.   Font: Baby Blocks.

EDITED:  Photos were not being shown

crdh-02Feb 2025.jpg

crdh-01Jan 2025.jpg

Edited by Cristina
Photos were not being shown
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I'm also posting unfinished stuff because PSP is being quite cantankerous tonight.  I am living with a few things in the mask to see if I want to leave it or delete the part in question - the stem running through the frame.  I've cut it off completely from going out of the frame part of the mask, in one month, and cut off only in the frame part of another one month.   

sje-2025-07-600.jpg

I think this one looks wonderful with the stem showing. As much as we want to have a common thread throughout the year, I don't think you have to keep each month identical.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Here I have two versions.  One I'm playing with the date box - I just stretched it to see if I wanted it bigger (I do).  I will watch the YouTube video Sue T mentioned and think about trying a different style.  and I played with the frame/mask which I added a texture to and then a different texture to the background.  since I'm wishy-washy on what I want to do, I'm going to try different things and live with them for a bit and hope a good idea comes out of it by the end.  You'll notice my photos seem darkish, it was intentional, I seemed to be into the darker moody stuff when I photographed them over several months.  They dont look great at this resolution though.

sje-2025-08-V2-600.jpg

sje-2025-08-600.jpg

I love your work and the low saturated, but high contrast colors you use.  May I ask what font this is?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Whoops! I noticed that I haven't put my Tolkein button on the last couple of pages. So I went back and added one to each that had been skipped. But I'll only post the last March one I did.

2025 March-1_1000.jpg

I love how cheerful and fun this is. Also really like the Tolkien quote.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cristina said:

July - August

I forgot to mention, but I also added some of Corel's bird graphics freebies.

Ballons from Janet Scott (ps_janet-scott_31183_tiny-but-mighty-3d-heart-balloons_cu)

crdh-07Jul 2025.jpg

crdh-08Aug 2025.jpg

What can I  say Cristina, other than, and here is that word again! Ineffable! 

Everyone is creating such wonderful pages, they are all a credit to your creativity. There are far to many to individually comment  on.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Cristina said:

July - August

I forgot to mention, but I also added some of Corel's bird graphics freebies.

Ballons from Janet Scott (ps_janet-scott_31183_tiny-but-mighty-3d-heart-balloons_cu)

crdh-07Jul 2025.jpg

crdh-08Aug 2025.jpg

Cristina, these are so sweet.  I love how you did the Months like the date blocks and your colors are perfect for all the months.  I couldnt see the first two months though 😥, it's just a little box that I clicked and got nothing. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Michele said:

I think this one looks wonderful with the stem showing. As much as we want to have a common thread throughout the year, I don't think you have to keep each month identical.

Thank you Michele, it's reassuring to get another point of view.  Some of them, like this I liked, but others I kept being distracted by it.  I need to stop making things identical.  I am bad for that.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Julian Adams said:

I love your work and the low saturated, but high contrast colors you use.  May I ask what font this is?

Wow!  Thank you so much Julian.  You have made my day.  I had a log absence from photography and now it's become my passion again.  This is a really nice font from Creative Fabrica called Daisy & Violette https://www.creativefabrica.com/product/daisy-violette-stylish-modern-serif/  It has lots of glyphs and is the style I like.  One thing I found is when i was using it, the glyphs went outside the bounding box and were cut off.  I realized after a while (a good long while!) that the BOLD was on and I had turned off bold by accident and there the whole glyph was.  So when you are changing from the Arial Bold font, toggle off the bold on the tool bar above.  At first I thought it was my font program.  

• Like 8

I'm keeping with the white background for the dates since they may be used for writing in after it's printed. Also keeping with the Arial Black for the font. But love what everyone is doing with their calendars as far as font, background, etc. which are in the tutorials. So, I decided to  play around with background, fonts and whatever else the tutorials tell us to do. This is one of the background papers I made (looking forward to the upcoming workshop). This is some of the fonts I played with (but not the glyphs since I seem to have chosen ones without extra glyphs. On the paper, I played with blend modes on both papers and on the smaller one I used the layer style of outer glow.

MLS-Paper-01_600.jpg

Playing with fonts.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6