Calendar Workshop 2025

Cassel

40 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

When using the custom calendar script, my day 28 is before day 27. I am using 2023Ultimate, and I also tried it in 2022Ultimate. I also checked my 2024 calendar, and the dates were correct.

2janca600l.jpg

Your observation had me curious because I am using that script for my dates as well and I thought: oh my haven't I noticed that..... But strangely/luckily my dates with the script are in their normal places. Have you tried to run the script again, I know it is a lot of work but maybe it was a temporarily hickup! Stranger things with computers have happened 😢 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Your observation had me curious because I am using that script for my dates as well and I thought: oh my haven't I noticed that..... But strangely/luckily my dates with the script are in their normal places. Have you tried to run the script again, I know it is a lot of work but maybe it was a temporarily hickup! Stranger things with computers have happened 😢 

It was the font. I switched to Arial, and it worked perfectly. 

• Like 4

After many years of creating  my own calendars, even before I joined the campus, that  in  my view I like layouts to be consistent with  legible text throughout, as you never know who is going to view them.

I have created several different shaped date boxes, personally I like the one that  fills the lower half of the  page, with rounded corners.  Even though calendars are functional, I still like to make sure that the images maintian the main focus on each page.

Wonderful pages submitted, each one a great source of inspiration. 

March.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

@Sue Thomas I found those supplies from the first Calendar class. And the videos too. They are dated 2012!!! That is even longer than those 8 years! Maybe I'll reuse it next year! I will definitely add a blog post for people who will want to change the "boxes" to something different.

@Susan Ewart Beautiful pages.

@Donna Sillia Don't apologize for that font. I thought you were just waiting for day 3 to show it off anyway. The issue with the dates and font is really odd! Glad you found a "fix".

@Jacques Lacerte That light color for the background makes your photo stand out.

@Ann Seeber Maybe the zoo will want to sell those to visitors! Imagine! I love your font.

@Mary Solaas Even just a white background looks great with that January photo!

@Anne Lamp You are using interesting patterns for your pages. Looking forward to the other pages.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here is a preliminary version of my January calendar for 2025. I decided to use the Nashville Zoo theme as my granddaughter, Jackie, is now a zookeeper there. She started work in September and she and her husband moved to Nashville, Tennessee. This is her first "real" zoo and she's thrilled! Her previous experience was at Claws n Paws Animal Park in Pennsylvania which can't do the breeding and official zoo activities that they do at this very large facility in Nashville. She has started in the Carnivore House and will rotate through the various habitats until she has experience in all of them. She has sent me lots of photos and some I gleaned from the zoo's website.

The font for the month/year title is Aviation Cocktail. I added the days of the week. I had a .png for it I had used in the past for my Botswana wildlife and Downton Abbey calendar workshops. @Cassel these new templates are awesome!

january prelim forum.jpg

Congratulations Ann, to your grand daughter.  What a wonderful experience she will be living.  And we will get to benefit from her up close and behind the scenes photos you'll be displaying.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

After many years of creating  my own calendars, even before I joined the campus, that  in  my view I like layouts to be consistent with  legible text throughout, as you never know who is going to view them.

I have created several different shaped date boxes, personally I like the one that  fills the lower half of the  page, with rounded corners.  Even though calendars are functional, I still like to make sure that the images maintian the main focus on each page.

Wonderful pages submitted, each one a great source of inspiration. 

March.jpg

Wow, nice sunset (sunrise?).  I really like the rounded date boxes and that it covers the whole bottom.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Beautiful pages.

Thank you so much.  It was fun.  I had planned on using Mother Nature's light source (the Sun) this year but it was always so windy when I wasnt working, so in the studio I went and just played around.  I have very mickey-mouse light set up, but I make the best of it until the day comes when I can get some good lighting.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Here is March and April.  I'm not sure what type of background I want to do, I'm trying a desaturated hue and using the fading foreground with white.  If I stay with this idea I'll add some kind of texture to it as well.  I have not decided on a font yet.  

sje-2025-03-600.jpg

sje-2025-04-600.jpg

I like the idea of using the fading white gradient.  Like you I  will choose to use a subtle texture later on the background. Your photos are great. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Wow, nice sunset (sunrise?).  I really like the rounded date boxes and that it covers the whole bottom.  

Cheers! It's a sunset. Although I  have and do use the calendar script, it's  quite quick and easy  to create my own dates/boxes. Carole demonstrate  creating calendar date boxes and more in her Corel you tube video.  I remember it because Carole uses some of my photos to demonstrate different layouts.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 10/22/2024 at 4:17 AM, Ann Seeber said:

I decided to use the Nashville Zoo theme as my granddaughter, Jackie, is now a zookeeper there. She started work in September and she and her husband moved to Nashville, Tennessee. This is her first "real" zoo and she's thrilled!

Soooo happy for Jackie; a bit jealous, too. ❤️

• Like 4
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, MoniqueN. said:

@Ann , why is the F of february away from the rest of the word?🤷‍♂️ January is ok🙂

I saw that, Monique, but haven't had time to fiddle with the letters. I think it is just the size of the F compared to the J in January. The rest of the word needs to be moved to the left a bit. I was also having trouble with the size of the letters. It seems they only work as pixels, not points this time. @Cassel is there a new issue with font size in PSP2023?

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3