What are you working on (in September 2024)?

Cassel

On 9/14/2024 at 3:11 AM, Ann Seeber said:

Wow, I'm getting the same tingle I experience every time I walk into an office supply store. I do love the category and often dreamed of having my own store so I could play all day! LOL They look so real here I'm running off to get water for the snake plant!

And here I thought I was weird b/c walking into office supply places always gets me ready to buy! I think it's a holdover from all the years of teaching when late summer meant a trip for new goodies!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When I saw Anne Lamp's Friday the 13th layout, it reminded me of the huge event that takes place every Friday the 13th, no matter the month or the weather.

Port Dover is a town on the north shore of Lake Erie which has hosted a motorcycle rally since the 1980s. The place is literally taken over for the festival with large numbers coming for many different places. It's a peaceful get-together, but not quiet!

This one, held last Friday, enjoyed beautiful summer-like weather. Photos from online, since I wasn't there. 😔

Friday 13 rally_600.jpg

• Love 6

20 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

When I saw Anne Lamp's Friday the 13th layout, it reminded me of the huge event that takes place every Friday the 13th, no matter the month or the weather.

Port Dover is a town on the north shore of Lake Erie which has hosted a motorcycle rally since the 1980s. The place is literally taken over for the festival with large numbers coming for many different places. It's a peaceful get-together, but not quiet!

This one, held last Friday, enjoyed beautiful summer-like weather. Photos from online, since I wasn't there. 😔

Friday 13 rally_600.jpg

Wow that are a lot of motorcycles and their riders! The scale of such events surprises me every time and having family in the States I should get more used to it and that goes for Canada as well. In Europe we have these events too but the scale is much smaller most of the time.

• Like 3

My granddaughter has a birthday Thurs Sept 19 so I made this layout as a birthday card. She's 10 in the photo on the left and 26 this year in the current photo on the right which I treated with PSP's background replacer ai. I used a Marisa Lerin template (ps_marisa-lerin_32814_layout-template-470_pu) and a mini kit called Winter. The font is Snap ITC. The watercolor flowers are from my stash, and I used cass-Datestamp4 script. The splash is ap-cherish-mini-el-paint-transfer.

ILANA BIRTHDAY 2024_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
Added ages and template data
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

50 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

My granddaughter has a birthday Thurs Sept 19 so I made this layout as a birthday card. She's 10 in the photo on the left and 26 this year in the current photo on the right which I treated with PSP's background replacer ai. I used a Marisa Lerin template (ps_marisa-lerin_32814_layout-template-470_pu) and a mini kit called Winter. The font is Snap ITC. The watercolor flowers are from my stash, and I used cass-Datestamp4 script. The splash is ap-cherish-mini-el-paint-transfer.

ILANA BIRTHDAY 2024_600.jpg

She has such a lovely smile! Then and now.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Well, I'm home. Trying to get back in the groove.  Not easy. Back on the shadows. I'm not good at this. Still a lot to learn. Redid the Tutorial 3. Maybe I get a "C" on this. Definitely not more than that. I'll post the 1st take and the 2nd one I just finished. I really don't get the lifted corner thing. I did try the script, but I'm not happy with that either. The white background is done with the script. The top one is the one I did first.

Shadows-Lesson3-Tutorial_600.jpg

Shadows-Lesson3-Tutorial-2_600.jpg

Tut.3-Script_600.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

I have been playing with a pic I took of a corn field last year and added the full Corn "harvest" moon pick I also took. The frame is one I downloaded some time back but can't remember where. 

corn and moon cropped ss.jpg

That frame fitted very well to the dark feeling of the photos!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have used recently my favorite fractal generator Apophysis=APO in short word. Sure, I use APO editor first of all but PSP later /everything, believe me/. I don't write scripts for APO, I only can modify in APO editor look/pic of used script. This time butterfly-before modification in a white frame, the second butterfly is without a frame. Excuse me English mistakes, please:)

ModifiedButterfly.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 2
  • Love 5

Arrow paper clip from the recent masterclass.  I have made several different ones.  When I went to use these to attach several pieces of paper my mind went blank.  I can't for the life me work out what goes behind to get the realistic effect.  Surely there has to be 2 options.  I don't have any problem with conventional paper clips or different shaped one.  Any ideas!!!!  I'm going to look very foolish if its a case of  either erasing, or using the promote to selection tool on selected areas.  But what selected areas I ask myself!!!!!

Masterclass craft your desk lined paper.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Arrow paper clip from the recent masterlass.  I have made several different ones.  When I went to use these to attach several pieces of paper my mind went blank.  I can't for the life me work out what goes behind to get the realistic effect.  Surely there has to be 2 options.  I don't have any problems with conventional paper clips or different shaped one.  Any ideas!!!!  I'm going to look very foolish if its a case of  either erasing, or using the promote to selection tool on selected areas.  But what selected areas I ask myself!!!!!

Masterclass craft your desk lined paper.jpg

I have made these paperclips too and they look nice but I didn't try to use them jet. So this is an interesting problem and as it is already very late overhere I shall look at it tomorrow, maybe I can see a way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have made these paperclips too and they look nice but I didn't try to use them jet. So this is an interesting problem and as it is already very late overhere I shall look at it tomorrow, maybe I can see a way.

I hope so, perhaps between  us we can  come up with a solution.  Just to let you know, I tried removing over and under.  My brain is telling me that  what I am seeing doesn't like right. 

Masterclass craft your desk lined papera .jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I hope so, perhaps between  us we can  come up with a solution.  Just to let you know, I tried removing over and under.  My brain is telling me that  what I am seeing doesn't like right. 

Masterclass craft your desk lined papera .jpg

Tre one on the left looks right

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I would say that the left example is more likely to happen. Just imagine that you are holding the tip of the shape, and push the "inside" piece and slip the paper in-between.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I would say that the left example is more likely to happen. Just imagine that you are holding the tip of the shape, and push the "inside" piece and slip the paper in-between.

This paperclip  has really made me think. Am I correct in saying that it can be used in one way only. I even got out a paperclip and a piece of paper. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

This paperclip  has really made me think. Am I correct in saying that it can be used in one way only. I even got out a paperclip and a piece of paper. Lol

I would say that like any paperclip, you have one "middle section" that can be either in the front or in the back. But also, like any regular paperclip, you can put a tiny segment to put in the front or in the back but it would not "hold" anything. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Michele said:

You've got my head spinning with those paper clips. I think both examples work, but the one on the left just looks better aesthetically.

Mine too!  I walked away twice, going back thinking that I  would approach it and work on it in a way that would make it look realistic. 😆 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, kasany said:

I have used recently my favorite fractal generator Apophysis=APO in short word. Sure, I use APO editor first of all but PSP later /everything, believe me/. I don't write scripts for APO, I only can modify in APO editor look/pic of used script. This time butterfly-before modification in a white frame, the second butterfly is without a frame. Excuse me English mistakes, please:)

ModifiedButterfly.jpg

Wow Kasany, the 'after' butterfly is awesome!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Back to finishing up the Shadow Workshop. This is Lesson 6 Tutorial. I wasn't going to do this one as it seemed to be so tedious. However, I plowed through. This is the result.

MLS-Lesson 6 Tutorial_600.jpg

Good you persevered and as you learn to follow the logical steps it will get easier on other projects too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1