What are you working on (in August 2024)?

Cassel

Oh, you Fontaholics.  I am a PSPaholic.  Can't quit can't quit can't quit can't quit..........

Lab 13 Mod 3. Papers from my beach kit. I didn't like the distressed look, so I didn't do that part of the decorated metal charm. At first I didn't want to do any alphas in it, but I finally  relented and did a few letters - enough to do SEA, SUN, FUN -- and I made a heart charm as well as the seahorse. The background paper doesn't show up so well in this size, so (as I took an existing paper and made it black and white) I will show the paper here and the heart charm.

Lab 13 Mod 3_600.jpg

MLS-PaperBlackWhite-1000px.jpg

MLS-DecoratedMetalCharmHeart.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Love 8

6 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Oh, you Fontaholics.  I am a PSPaholic.  Can't quit can't quit can't quit can't quit..........

Lab 13 Mod 3. Papers from my beach kit. I didn't like the distressed look, so I didn't do that part of the decorated metal charm. At first I didn't want to do any alphas in it, but I finally  relented and did a few letters - enough to do SEA, SUN, FUN -- and I made a heart charm as well as the seahorse. The background paper doesn't show up so well in this size, so (as I took an existing paper and made it black and white) I will show the paper here and the heart charm.

Lab 13 Mod 3_600.jpg

MLS-PaperBlackWhite-1000px.jpg

MLS-DecoratedMetalCharmHeart.jpg

The paper and charm are gorgeous, Mary.  had to laugh at PSP-aholic.  I looked it up in the dictionary, and there was a picture of YOU! 😂

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/8/2024 at 11:38 PM, Susan Ewart said:

Here's my Certificate.  No more hiding behind my monitor...I'm a proud font-a-holic!  

Now Michele....it's time for the Movie poster.  the challenge is on.

"Font A Haul -ICS"

***A Heist Movie*** 

Stolen Fonts!  Text Take-downs!  Nefarious Non-Font-ers!  

Starring:

• The "Prez" (aka: Michele F)
  • The "Moderator" (aka: Carole)
  • The "Editor" (aka: Ann S)
  • The "Scriptor" (aka: Corrie K) 
  • The "Red Shirt" (aka: random dude that doesn't make it to the end....yet to be cast) (Red Shirt = Star Trek reference)

With Appearances from Celebrity Fonts such as: 

• Helvetica
  • Arial
  • Calibri
  • Verdana
  • and many more!

Font-a-holics Certificate-Michele600.jpg

Susan, you are the Master of funny and great ideas! You make our days happier and put a smile on everyone's face.

You deserve a special medal for this! 💟 

• Love 4

I suspect Donna had no idea what she would start with her comment "I really think that I need to go to rehab for a font addiction". Also

Susan when she created the certificate.  Unfortunately they wouldn't let me stay in the program because I have no desire to be "CURED" of mu addiction. LOL

The heart and couple are from the dingbat font Valentine dingbats. The signature is Bigtime. The reject is Alphabet tracing. The rejected for is one of the Arials.

fontaholic rejection 315.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • WOW 3

8 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

I suspect Donna had no idea what she would start with her comment "I really think that I need to go to rehab for a font addiction". Also

Susan when she created the certificate.  Unfortunately they wouldn't let me stay in the program because I have no desire to be "CURED" of mu addiction. LOL

The heart and couple are from the dingbat font Valentine dingbats. The signature is Bigtime. The reject is Alphabet tracing. The rejected for is one of the Arials.

I wish i could take credit for this beautiful certificate, but I can not.  The heavy gun was brought in, thanks to the the Creative talent of Michele.  Yikes, I hope I dont see that big bad red word on mine! 

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

Anne, your rejection was a mistake! The "lack of motivation" is one of the requisitions to belong to this group. 

The certificate reads, "Thank you for your support in our quest to ACCUMULATE ALL THE FONTS IN THE WORLD...

Whoever did that definitely wants to sabotage the mission. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So, another layout is done.  I am looking at some layouts and trying to use more Paints and Transfers. 

I changed the color of the background paper with ADJUST>Hue and Saturation>HSL

Credits:

• FONT: Harrington  ---   BernhardTango BT
  • Photo Mask: Palvinka_MoreThanWords_photomasks_3
  • Background paper: lgrieveson_sprout_5
  • cass-Flair Button:  lgrieveson_new_beginnings_titles_1
  • Chevron: Creative Market_Watercolour basic-chevron-23
  • Paint-Transfer: Creative Fabrica_ivory-and-gold_0003_b   ---   lgrieveson_textual layered transfer_4_v2

Once upon New Year's Eve_F.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Cristina said:

So, another layout is done.  I am looking at some layouts and trying to use more Paints and Transfers. 

Credits:

• Paint-Transfer: Creative Fabrica_ivory-and-gold_0003_b   ---   lgrieveson_textual layered transfer_4_v2

Working with those paint transfers and splatters is so much fun. Yours really captures the NY eve spirit of fun and celebration.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cristina said:

Credits:

Those paint transfers and splashes are so nice; another idea to follow! I don't have enough time to use everything I get inspired by 🥲

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cristina said:

Credits:

I love this. Julie is right, it's almost like fireworks.  I like this technique and like Corrie, I wish I had more time to explore how to do this so it looks as nice as yours and Julie's do. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I wish i could take credit for this beautiful certificate, but I can not.  The heavy gun was brought in, thanks to the the Creative talent of Michele.  Yikes, I hope I dont see that big bad red word on mine! 

OOPS! Sorry Michele.  I did see you created it originally, but for some reason when I went back I got it in my head that it was Susan.  Thanks Susan for letting me know about this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

deeezy.com had several PSD text effects in its free section. I downloaded one call "Soft." You must change the text using Photoshop. I then saved it as a PSD and opened it in Paintshop.

The effects were each on a separate layer and could be selected and filled with a color of your choice. I separated each letter using the elementstacker script. I will be experimenting with some of the other text effects that I downloaded. Unfortunately, you must have Photoshop to initially change the text.

dssoftstyle.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just made this card for my granddaughter who is starting highschool tomorrow! A couple of weeks ago I made a blackboard without text and now put an appropriate text on it. The rest of the elements are a freebie from CF called back to school and I put good luck on the phone. I have sent it to her by iMessage because she has her own phone nowadays.

Highschool-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

19 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Just made this card for my granddaughter who is starting highschool tomorrow! A couple of weeks ago I made a blackboard without text and now put an appropriate text on it. The rest of the elements are a freebie from CF called back to school and I put good luck on the phone. I have sent it to her by iMessage because she has her own phone nowadays.

Highschool-600.jpg

What a great message to send your granddaughter. Love the colourful images you used. Starting high school is so exciting! I can almost remember it.

• Like 1

Just a really quick layout. I stopped at the vet's office to pick up a med for one of the dogs. These are the two creatures who live in the clinic and sprawl anywhere they want. But, like cats everywhere, a box is just too tempting to resist. Cuteness overdose.

Di Hiller kit for cats provided most of the elements. Cass- Slipped in Corner 1 for photo and Word Frame v3.

Kitties in Box at vet_600.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 7

10 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Just a really quick layout. I stopped at the vet's office to pick up a med for one of the dogs. These are the two creatures who live in the clinic and sprawl anywhere they want. But, like cats everywhere, a box is just too tempting to resist. Cuteness overdose.

Di Hiller kit for cats provided most of the elements. Cass- Slipped in Corner 1 for photo and Word Frame v3.

Kitties in Box at vet_600.jpg

OMG!  How precious.  Love the layout and the Word Frame is a really nice touch

• Like 1

And this one is for my youngest granddaughter who is starting middle school tomorrow. For the background I used the freebie back to school from CF and the flute from by stash. The rest of the elements is from digitalscrapbook.com For her a good luck on the book. 

Middleschool-600.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
  • Love 6

We have a nice park in town that includes a dog park where I go regularly. One of the locals has a beautiful garden that abuts the park. I call him "Farmer Bob" and always get some goodies from his bounty. Noticed this today and grabbed a shot of it.

Lots of paint and splashes and shapes added to try and make a simple and more horizontal layout.

squash flower_600.jpg

• Love 6

4 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

We have a nice park in town that includes a dog park where I go regularly. One of the locals has a beautiful garden that abuts the park. I call him "Farmer Bob" and always get some goodies from his bounty. Noticed this today and grabbed a shot of it.

Lots of paint and splashes and shapes added to try and make a simple and more horizontal layout.

squash flower_600.jpg

Love the reflection on the text. 

• Like 2