What are you working on (in August 2024)?

Cassel

3 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

I don't know, Daniel. I cropped it from a poster at the tournament. I'll reach out to the person who created the poster. 

It looks alot like the original movie poster.  I'm betting it actually IS.

Curious if anybody has tried using Corel Paint Shop Pro Support at their website in the last day or more.  I'm getting error messages when I select the product (PSP).  Just to see, I tried the Video Studio support link and it worked fine.  I've been getting all my old versions of PSP onto this computer and when done, discovered that X6 has hijacked file associations for about 30 or so file types and refuses to relinquish them.  Windows not helping as it doesn't have 2022 in the list of programs with which to associate those file types.  Most not significant but several PspFiletypes i.e. pspshape, pspmask, pspframe and pspbrush are in the list unfortunately.  I actually think my 2022 installation was corrupted from the start...didn't realize it until this past week, but the 32 bit side never installed at all.  Maybe if I uninstall and reinstall, it will fix the file associations (and the 32 bit side) but have to get Corel to reset the download end date to something that will let me grab the file.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Hess said:

Maybe if I uninstall and reinstall, it will fix the file associations (and the 32 bit side) but have to get Corel to reset the download end date to something that will let me grab the file.

Can you download the 2022 again on this link? I don't think there is an "end date" on that page.

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Can you download the 2022 again on this link? I don't think there is an "end date" on that page.

I just downloaded it.  Gonna un-install, then run that file.  I moved copies of the 2022 folders in Program Data, Program Files, and Documents into a different hard drive first.

2 hours ago, Cassel said:

Woo Hoo.  You are a "Lifesaver".  Took 2022 completely off, then reinstalled it.  Got both 32 bit and 64 bit now and ALL file associations are back with 2022.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Hess said:

Woo Hoo.  You are a "Lifesaver".  Took 2022 completely off, then reinstalled it.  Got both 32 bit and 64 bit now and ALL file associations are back with 2022.

Sometimes, we have more answers in the Campus than Corel can offer! 😉

• Like 8

Here's a birthday card I made today for my old boss from when I worked concert security. My goal was to create guitar picks to put my text on. I created a preset shape, added a pattern, and colorized each. After adding my text on each guitar pick, I used magic wand select on the outside of the letter, inverted the selection, and added an outer bevel on the pick level. Then I hid the text layer. It's not my favorite card, but it helped me practice some PSP skills that I don't often use, especially working with vectors to create the shape.

large.HappyBirthdayIra2024600.jpg.37029173695b2c25facc165c4a7bea2b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

For my grandson's birthday. Some of my ideas and the text were inspired by my Hallmark card program. I used some of the fonts that were previously made, the Happy puzzle font from deeezy.com, 17th and birthday balloons from Canva and Techno font from CF. The waves were made with cass wave script.

dsphillipbdinside.jpg

dsphillipbdfront.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
To correct 2nd page
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

On 8/11/2024 at 2:08 PM, Julie Magerka said:

Working with those paint transfers and splatters is so much fun. Yours really captures the NY eve spirit of fun and celebration.

On 8/11/2024 at 5:19 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Those paint transfers and splashes are so nice; another idea to follow! I don't have enough time to use everything I get inspired by 🥲

On 8/11/2024 at 6:03 PM, Susan Ewart said:

I love this. Julie is right, it's almost like fireworks.  I like this technique and like Corrie, I wish I had more time to explore how to do this so it looks as nice as yours and Julie's do. 

Julie, Corrie, and Susan, thanks! 💟

I agree about the lack of time.  I see many techniques and uses of elements I want to replicate, but I am not a fast scrapper who can create one layout daily. 

On the opposite, and that doesn't work in my favor.   But it's okay, one step at a time. 🙂 

I've separated the photos for the Lab11-Module 12 and stopped there.  I'm also enjoying the good weather, as we never know how long it will last.

Another subject: About the paints, transfers, etc., I have so many things in my stash that I should go through them more often.  There are some gems in it. 

Also, Carole's freebies have an array of wonderful elements, alphas, you name it!

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 4

On 8/11/2024 at 10:14 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Just made this card for my granddaughter who is starting highschool tomorrow! A couple of weeks ago I made a blackboard without text and now put an appropriate text on it. The rest of the elements are a freebie from CF called back to school and I put good luck on the phone. I have sent it to her by iMessage because she has her own phone nowadays.

Highschool-600.jpg

Corrie, this is a lovely and meaningful layout for your granddaughter, who is starting another important chapter in her life. 

I especially love the blackboard you created and the colorful elements from CF.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2024 at 5:30 PM, Julie Magerka said:

Just a really quick layout. I stopped at the vet's office to pick up a med for one of the dogs. These are the two creatures who live in the clinic and sprawl anywhere they want. But, like cats everywhere, a box is just too tempting to resist. Cuteness overdose.

Di Hiller kit for cats provided most of the elements. Cass- Slipped in Corner 1 for photo and Word Frame v3.

Kitties in Box at vet_600.jpg

Julie, this is so cute.  I don't have pets, but I've seen many times that cats loooove boxes.

I recognize DiHiller's cats. 🙂   I have collected her freebies as long since I started here.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 8/14/2024 at 3:03 AM, Bonnie Ballentine said:

large.202468JoJudyRITPMBK_AL4LT_july600.jpg.91edf5dcdabcc47e348a5846d1255175.jpg

Template by Keuntje, AL4T Blog Train, July, 2017. 

Bonnie, I'd never heard about pickleball before getting to know it from you.  Now, it seems everybody is playing it. 🙂 

I follow Katie Couric on IG, and she'd participated in the first Hamptons Pickleball/Tennis Tournament.

On 8/17/2024 at 1:30 PM, Michele said:

Here's a birthday card I made today for my old boss from when I worked concert security. My goal was to create guitar picks to put my text on. I created a preset shape, added a pattern, and colorized each. After adding my text on each guitar pick, I used magic wand select on the outside of the letter, inverted the selection, and added an outer bevel on the pick level. Then I hid the text layer. It's not my favorite card, but it helped me practice some PSP skills that I don't often use, especially working with vectors to create the shape.

Michele, I like the card, the illustration, and the colorful guitar picks very much.

Many people would not imagine how many techniques were needed to create it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2024 at 2:26 PM, kasany said:

Jacek's activities. Many elements made Carole. Thankks for them:)))

ADVENTURE.jpg

kasany,  nice way to showcase many photos with this template and the cass-HangingPhotos script.

I have this script too! 🙂 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cristina said:

Bonnie, I'd never heard about pickleball before getting to know it from you.  Now, it seems everybody is playing it. 🙂 

I follow Katie Couric on IG, and she'd participated in the first Hamptons Pickleball/Tennis Tournament.

Me either.  Soon as I started seeing Bonnie's posts on Pickleball all of a sudden it was everywhere.  It's like when you buy a new car and it seems like you see the make/model you bought everywhere, where as before you never noticed them.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Me either.  Soon as I started seeing Bonnie's posts on Pickleball all of a sudden it was everywhere.  It's like when you buy a new car and it seems like you see the make/model you bought everywhere, where as before you never noticed them.  

I have never heard about Pickleball over here, but when I visited with my family in the States I noticed immediately several Pickleball courts!

• Like 2

Here's a card I made for my cousins today. The template is from the Lab 06 Mod 04, the BG paper is from AnnieC, and the flowers are from Chantalia Design. I used the Change to Target brush on all the elements; it's a very useful tool. The fonts are StylePro and Arista 2.0 Light.

large.HappyAnniversaryPattyMitch2024600.jpg.c2f32adc37340d517cf7c5ee9aa98c33.jpg

• Love 9

On 8/19/2024 at 9:21 AM, Cristina said:

Michele, I like the card, the illustration, and the colorful guitar picks very much.

Many people would not imagine how many techniques were needed to create it.

I like the caed you created:)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michele said:

Here's a card I made for my cousins today. The template is from the Lab 06 Mod 04, the BG paper is from AnnieC, and the flowers are from Chantalia Design. I used the Change to Target brush on all the elements; it's a very useful tool. The fonts are StylePro and Arista 2.0 Light.

large.HappyAnniversaryPattyMitch2024600.jpg.c2f32adc37340d517cf7c5ee9aa98c33.jpg

Wow, Michele, I love everything about it—the template, the background paper, the elements, the fonts, and the color. Great work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Michele said:

Hey Missy, you've got me curious now about the Change to Target Brush....? Is that in a Lab?

Beautiful and different colour choices. Making cards for friends/relatives is so much fun. But I doubt if anyone ever prints them.

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At someone's house yesterday, I noticed a cute cat on a postcard stuck to the fridge. His name is 'Dewey Readmore Books', and then the story of his life came out. It's a wonderful, heartwarming story of a rescue kitten in a small town in Iowa who gained far-flung fame. I looked him up to get some pix. Dewey is gone now 😢 but the librarian who saved him has another she calls Page.

The background is mine with brushwork. The rest of it is straightforward with photos from online.

Dewey the libtary cat_600.jpg

• Love 6

On 8/17/2024 at 7:30 AM, Michele said:

Just curious, boss male or female?

• Like 1