July SONG Title Challenge (2024)

Cassel

2 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I couldn't sign onto my Win 10 computer unless I had a Microsoft account.

Ya, turns out hubby had one, since we upgraded to Win 10.  and now I'll soon have to upgrade to Win 11.  Not thrilled about the constant screenshots it will be taking (especially when I'm doing online banking or putting in passwords!).  I've read you can disable it but wont have use of windows snipping tool.  Hubby watches a lot of tech shows and said the computer techys in the industry are up in arms about it.  I didn't pay much attention because I'm just person they will be able to steal whatever data they want and I wont even know it.  Kind of like that doorbell cam company that told all it's customers their doorbell snapshots were on a local HD (the customers) and would never be uploaded to the cloud (aka: there is no cloud; only your files on someone else's computer/server), then customers started getting text messages of the screenshots they had long deleted from their  doorbell cam system.  Turns out the company was  also sending it to the cloud even though  they stated on their website that they never store on the cloud.  No apologies from the company thus far as they are heading to court I believe. The regulators in the US arent too happy about it, hence the court case.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Ya, turns out hubby had one, since we upgraded to Win 10.  and now I'll soon have to upgrade to Win 11.  Not thrilled about the constant screenshots it will be taking (especially when I'm doing online banking or putting in passwords!).  I've read you can disable it but wont have use of windows snipping tool.  Hubby watches a lot of tech shows and said the computer techys in the industry are up in arms about it.  I didn't pay much attention because I'm just person they will be able to steal whatever data they want and I wont even know it.  Kind of like that doorbell cam company that told all it's customers their doorbell snapshots were on a local HD (the customers) and would never be uploaded to the cloud (aka: there is no cloud; only your files on someone else's computer/server), then customers started getting text messages of the screenshots they had long deleted from their  doorbell cam system.  Turns out the company was  also sending it to the cloud even though  they stated on their website that they never store on the cloud.  No apologies from the company thus far as they are heading to court I believe. The regulators in the US arent too happy about it, hence the court case.  

I've never heard about the constant screenshots on Win 11. As far as I can see, the user has to initiate the screen shot. I don't use the snipping tool to do screen shots anyways. I've never even used the snipping tool!

As for the video doorbells, I just googled that case and apparently it was stuff that happened over 5 years ago and the customers with certain devices will be getting refunds. I have cameras from that company that I got 3 years ago and just to log into the cameras I have to go through 2FA every 30 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rene Marker said:

I've never heard about the constant screenshots on Win 11. As far as I can see, the user has to initiate the screen shot. I don't use the snipping tool to do screen shots anyways. I've never even used the snipping tool!

As for the video doorbells, I just googled that case and apparently it was stuff that happened over 5 years ago and the customers with certain devices will be getting refunds. I have cameras from that company that I got 3 years ago and just to log into the cameras I have to go through 2FA every 30 days.

Just google Microsoft Recall. Here's a snippet or two about it.  You can read about from most techy sites. Sorry, I missed getting the name of the writer for the first post.  Some said it's only in a certain series of laptops and it's part of the Copilot suite.  It's hard to know who's right, but one thing I do know...it wont be MS.  It's supposed to be locally stored, but well, that isnt always the case.  This new shiny awesome feature has to cost money, that money is likely our data. One could say, that's the price of this feature, I would say, what a way to fill up my Hard Drive, I'd rather be buying scrapbook kits instead...those companies can have my data if they keep putting out something that is meaningful for me.  

Remember, these are just a littles snip and could be misunderstood out of context.  Best to check it out.  I'm sure I cant do anything about it, so it is what it is. 

Presented at Microsoft Build 2024, Recall is described as a "photographic memory" for your PC, making local Windows searches much faster by constantly taking screenshots of everything you do.May 21, 2024

From Forbes:

What is the recall feature in copilot?

The Recall feature allows the Copilot + PC to aggregate information about the user as the PC is used. The on-board intelligence extracts information about users as applications, emails, schedules, and other such personal information through a series of screen shots.Jun 20, 2024

Edited by Susan Ewart

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I've been using Lightshot for screenshots for years. 
https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Michele said:

I've been using Lightshot for screenshots for years. 
https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

Funny, you mention that. I was just thinking if there was a separate screenshot program available.  thank you for the info.  I have bookmarked it and will look at it when I get home from work.  or tomorrow since it will be midnight or after when i get home.  It's smokin' hot here (35 celcius) I will be a wilted flower and might not want to turn on the computer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Funny, you mention that. I was just thinking if there was a separate screenshot program available.  thank you for the info.  I have bookmarked it and will look at it when I get home from work.  or tomorrow since it will be midnight or after when i get home.  It's smokin' hot here (35 celcius) I will be a wilted flower and might not want to turn on the computer.

I have always used MS Office One Note for snippets or screenshots or whatever. It generates png's and it's got such a loose filing system I can just close it up and whatever I'm doing is still there tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mary Solaas said:

Spark is good, but you have to know what you want and be able to express it.  Anja really has the knack to get something glorious out of it.  With Spark, I got my Andy Warhol cat that I love, but I had to work at the wording to get it. Use Anja's wording with Spark and see what you come up with!

I have tried something with Spark and wasn't overly enthousiast because it is like you say with respect to the wording. I got results but didn't liked it, maybe I have to put more time into it and time is something I seem to have way to little at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Now I see it's all in the words (I am not good with words), and why spark didn't spark much creativity in me.  hahaha   might have to give it a second chance.  

I've also used NightCafe; you can get free credits daily. https://creator.nightcafe.studio/
Some of the creations there are amazing. There are many style choices that, for me, are very confusing. Some of the creators share their prompts which is very helpful. 

• Love 2

On 7/9/2024 at 10:21 PM, Anja Pelzer said:

yes I did, here is the prompt - - You are my sunshine, my only sunshine You make me happy when skies are gray You'll never know dear, how much I love you Please don't take my sunshine away neo-impressionism expressionist style oil painting, smooth post-impressionist impasto acrylic painting, thick layers of colourful textured paint --   there are 4 pictures , this is one of them.

_99439492-ae13-4158-945f-5ecbb108c0be.jpeg

It's IMPRESIONISM. Great painting! I love this work as I love Monet's works💕

• Like 2
  • Love 1