What are you working on (in July 2024)?

Cassel

I thought I would try the split page technique using text today. I'm not thrilled with how the text came out, but it was my first try. The main font is Jean Jingga and the journaling text is Jezebel Pro. The background is from Peakpx.

I had to merge all the layers before reducing the size to 600. Otherwise, the journaling text disappeared. I think others have mentioned that it happens when the text is in a selection.

large.SplitPageDandelion600.jpg.2703c9d380f88d84fa4cbcfb348b0648.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

7 minutes ago, Michele said:

I had to merge all the layers before reducing the size to 600. Otherwise, the journaling text disappeared. I think others have mentioned that it happens when the text is in a selection.

Correct. It is not a bug, but just a little oddity of the function.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

I am working on a layout....but more importantly I'm working on my Amazon order.  ETA July 20th! 

I ordered mine last week, and the ETA is July 24th!!! Go figure! (and I ordered from .ca too so no customs to cross!)

• Like 2
  • WOW 2

I just installed the Kindle app on my iPad and ordered the Kindle version! I don't want it on my pc because by having it on my iPad I can read it wherever I want. Now I just have to wait for my new glasses. Today I was at the optician's and after almost 5 month of eyedrops treatment my sight has improved and is no longer the 65% it was. It is a big relieve!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I just installed the Kindle app on my iPad and ordered the Kindle version! I don't want it on my pc because by having it on my iPad I can read it wherever I want. Now I just have to wait for my new glasses. Today I was at the optician's and after almost 5 month of eyedrops treatment my sight has improved and is no longer the 65% it was. It is a big relieve!

That is wonderful news about the improvement in your vision! 💛

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

You can read it on your PC as well with the Kindle app. I actually have the Kindle app on my PC and my Galaxy tablet along with 2 working Kindles. I can read any of my books on any of them that I want.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Great news Corrie!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lab 7-2

• Loopy Frame
  • Scratched paper
  • Grunge Edge 2

More practice with Vectors on the Loopy Frame.  The Scratched Paper was really enjoyable.  It was hard to get a nice Grunge Edge so I kept making layers and then changing the opacities of the layers and then used a blend mode and ended up happier with it than i expected.  I used the Vector Tube script and added a rope to the loopy frame.  And I used preset shapes;the Callout bubble and an arrow, which I used twice. The photo isn't great as was an overcast and windy day and i was weeding the garden and saw this funny business going on and grabbed my camera.  Not sure why they did use the the hotel, it's open all year!  I'llpost the bigger version on FB.

LAB 7-2 layout pushme-pullyouWIP-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 4
  • Love 5

18 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

You can read it on your PC as well with the Kindle app. I actually have the Kindle app on my PC and my Galaxy tablet along with 2 working Kindles. I can read any of my books on any of them that I want.

Thank you Rene, I know but for me reading on my laptop doesn't work.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 7-2

• Loopy Frame
  • Scratched paper
  • Grunge Edge 2

More practice with Vectors on the Loopy Frame.  The Scratched Paper was really enjoyable.  It was hard to get a nice Grunge Edge so I kept making layers and then changing the opacities of the layers and then used a blend mode and ended up happier with it than i expected.  I used the Vector Tube script and added a rope to the loopy frame.  And I used preset shapes;the Callout bubble and an arrow, which I used twice. The photo isn't great as was an overcast and windy day and i was weeding the garden and saw this funny business going on and grabbed my camera.  Not sure why they did use the the hotel, it's open all year!  I'llpost the bigger version on FB.

LAB 7-2 layout pushme-pullyouWIP-600.jpg

I think those blend modes are very often big savers of a layout that otherwise doesn't work. I use them so often.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 7-2

• Loopy Frame
  • Scratched paper
  • Grunge Edge 2

You got those loopy frames down pat! Nice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I think those blend modes are very often big savers of a layout that otherwise doesn't work. I use them so often.

Yes, wasn't there a question somewhere what our fav. tool was? I answered something else.  But, really it should be Blend Modes.  I know, not technically a tool, but so useful.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have a nephew who is turning 60! It's much harder to make a layout for a male! And he's colour-blind, so I kept it simple. I made most of it and I INTERLACED the ribbon, but forgot to add the shadow! Always something. The background texture & ribbon are from elsewhere.

b'day card_resized.jpg

• Love 8

4 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I have a nephew who is turning 60! It's much harder to make a layout for a male! And he's colour-blind, so I kept it simple. I made most of it and I INTERLACED the ribbon, but forgot to add the shadow! Always something. The background texture & ribbon are from elsewhere.

b'day card_resized.jpg

I agree that making a layout for a man is more challenging. You nailed it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's great to come here and see all these amazing layouts and techniques. I love browsing through the threads and being inspired by everybody's work. I never get tired of it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corrie wrote: "Today I was at the optician's and after almost 5 month of eyedrops treatment my sight has improved and is no longer the 65% it was. It is a big relieve!"

I am so happy to hear this, Corrie💟

.......................................................................................

Susan, I am like you, working on a layout to practice the tutorials from Lab11-Module 11, but it is so slow. It took forever to decide on a background paper. 

I tried creating a texture, but I wouldn't say I liked the result. Then, I went through all my kits, trying to find something suitable. I think I have it now, so now going to the tutorials.

The only difference is that I haven't ordered my book yet; it will probably be only next month.   I could have ordered the Kindle, but in this case, I'd rather have the paperback.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love is in the Air. Pink title is Billgates with layer styles: Emboss; green title is Arial with 3D Effects: inner bevel; background paper I made from a tile I developed from a CF item that I worked with; the 2 flower items in the bottom corners are a watercolor from CF.  The silhoutte  I got from someplace several years ago and they are in a flower frame which was a Cassel freebie several years ago. The exploded hearts cutout was the requirement for Lab 12 Mod 9.  I also did one of dolphins but haven't used it in a layout and I may practice this on some other cutouts later. Seashells didn't work so that is why the dolphins - i used layer styles on them -  inner bevel.

Lab 12 Mod 9_600.jpg

MLS Exploded dolphins.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 6