What are you working on (in June 2024)?

Cassel

On 6/11/2024 at 9:59 PM, AprilDawn said:

hello everyone, this is a friendship card i have made. the floral paper and leaves are from a purchased kit  a few years ago. the flower is free from chantalia design and the sentiment is a digi stamp from Power poppy....... best wishes...Dawn.

image.jpeg.bf879f44b1dbc4412f57e6afe3f2882b.jpeg

She's ba-ack!!!! It's wonderful to see your creations again, @AprilDawn. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Thank you Michele always appreciate your kind words. i am going to try to make a card every day to get my brain active again. 

Corrie your Candle is beautiful. well done.. love it and will look great in a card.

the  card i am posting is a birthday email card. Flower is free from chantalia design...paisley lace sort of thing is created with a Ps brush that i use in PSP  i downloaded it some time ago and the beads are done with cass. chain beads tube and the font is Brock Script.   Best wishes to everyone.... Dawn.

i could not remember where i got the  free brush from so i went looking and found it...i found it on a site called antarasdiary.com it is set 28  when you click on download it takes you to brusheezy.com. 

image.jpeg.9a0c582d8d270236e5d2fe1ac4867acd.jpeg

Edited by AprilDawn
  • Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 10

8 minutes ago, AprilDawn said:

Thank you Michele always appreciate your kind words. i am going to try to make a card every day to get my brain active again. 

Corrie your Candle is beautiful. well done.. love it and will look great in a card.

the  card i am posting is a birthday email card. Flower is free from chantalia design...paisley lace sort of thing is created with a Ps brush that i use in PSP  i downloaded it some time ago and the beads are done with cass. chain beads tube and the font is Brock Script.   Best wishes to everyone.... Dawn.

Lovely:) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decided to make this daily pic look like an old-fashioned scrapbook page. It's an updated version of the one I did in 2017 (in green). I like them both, but the display size that FB uses now is different than it was back then which is why I had to change it. The font is Nymph's Handwriting free from Nymphont.

large.FABDL60sStarlet!600.jpg.794e0fe7e70da70e445f758059edaf01.jpg

large.FABDL60sStarlet(2018_08_0216_43_59UTC)600.jpg.aaae6c8e6368facfa00e7dece96ef9c3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

My physiotherapist is moving to the the interior of British Columbia (Kelowna, also part of the what we call the Okanagan area - home of the Ogopogo).  I have lived in that area twice in my life enjoying mountains, lakes and lots of fruit (cherries, peaches, apples, grapes) and lots of wineries...even though I don't drink wine.  This seems to be my go to e-card style of the moment.  they are quick and easy to do...well, I say "quick", deciding on the font is the hardest part and takes forever playing around with it.  You will notice the kerning on the word "Bye" is weird.  I wanted the swash of B to blend in to part of the swash on the "e".  I made masks for each, the upper and lower portions thinking I'd be using two different pictures (Lake shown is Lake Okanagan).  I like the original photo, that I found on the internet so I put a copy into each mask but I wanted it to seem like it was two different elements.  For the top portion I added two textures and some noise and used brightness/contrast to darken it a bit.  That is also the area I added my sentiment on the copy I sent to her.  

goodbye sentiment-600.jpg

• WOW 3
  • Love 9

22 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

My physiotherapist is moving to the the interior of British Columbia (Kelowna, also part of the what we call the Okanagan area - home of the Ogopogo).  I have lived in that area twice in my life enjoying mountains, lakes and lots of fruit (cherries, peaches, apples, grapes) and lots of wineries...even though I don't drink wine.  This seems to be my go to e-card style of the moment.  they are quick and easy to do...well, I say "quick", deciding on the font is the hardest part and takes forever playing around with it.  You will notice the kerning on the word "Bye" is weird.  I wanted the swash of B to blend in to part of the swash on the "e".  I made masks for each, the upper and lower portions thinking I'd be using two different pictures (Lake shown is Lake Okanagan).  I like the original photo, that I found on the internet so I put a copy into each mask but I wanted it to seem like it was two different elements.  For the top portion I added two textures and some noise and used brightness/contrast to darken it a bit.  That is also the area I added my sentiment on the copy I sent to her.  

Absolutely stunning! That font is incredible and you did an amazing job on it.

Edited by Michele
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

37 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Yes, and I like the way it touches and blends with the gold frame!

Thank you  Ann.  There's a few spots I didnt quite get right, but overall I am happy with it.  The photo really had a lot to do with how pretty the colors are.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Wow, Susan! This is absolutely stunning! I love everything about it🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

You knocked this one out of the park! Beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

You outdid yourself with this card! I like how the words connect with the swashes and I agree finding the right font for a project can take a lot of time and experimenting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Wow, Susan! This is absolutely stunning! I love everything about it🥰

17 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

You knocked this one out of the park! Beautiful!

11 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

You outdid yourself with this card! I like how the words connect with the swashes and I agree finding the right font for a project can take a lot of time and experimenting.

Thank you so much Mary, Julie and Corrie.  That means a lot to me.  You know what they say, "It takes a village..." Without all of you (my village), this and many more layouts wouldn't have happened.  I've learned so much and keep learning new things from Carol and Campus villagers.

• Like 3

On 6/11/2024 at 10:16 PM, Julie Magerka said:

Since I used the date stamp (that I have finally figured out how to do with reverse text), I want to post the "souvenir" I made for the couple pictured here. They are local historians/writers who have spearheaded a project to install heritage (historical) plaques (large) in various rural areas and small communities (one is underway now for my home town). I am on the committee and involved with the unveilings that are taking place this summer, and in the future.

This plaque, literally in a field (lower right photo), showcases a terrible train disaster that occurred close by in 1854 with a massive loss of life. It was the early days of railroads and there were many accidents, but none as disastrous as this one.

The blue frame is from (I think) Natali Designs on Pickleberry Pop; most of the other elements are from ET (Erika) Designs or Katie Pertiet. I'm not good at keeping track while I'm doing the layout.

June working on layout SBC_600.jpg

Julie, it feels good when we finally succeed with a technique we've been struggling with, doesn't it? And Carole's tutorials are a big help.

What an interesting project!   Also, the research to find out what happened where and discovering things that have never been imagined happened.

The layout did justice to them; it looks perfect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2024 at 11:07 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Two days ago when the Campus was up after that terrible gremlin attack, Sue very kindly gave instructions how to make a candle out of wordart! She has been perfecting her initial idea on this. Here is my try to make something too. To me it was clear it must be done with the warpmesh tool to get the rounding, but that you could use wordart to do so is a genius idea. I didn't want to copy her "card", so I tried a birthday card. I'm not totally happy with the colors I used and I have to try to make a better ellips on the bottom. I didn't have a realistic flame and I haven't a subsciption by CF. When I tried to just buy a flame they want me to take that really nice subscription for a year, which I at this point won't do. I just updated my filter forge and that was my budget for now. I'll see if I can find some flames there, but in the mean time I wanted to post this 1st try. I can see nice, unique cards made this way, Sue thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Candle-2.jpg-600.jpg

You did it, too, Corrie! The candle came out great, and you mastered the technique; the rest are just details. Sue had a genius idea for creating this type of greeting candle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2024 at 7:44 PM, Sue Thomas said:

I can now post again.  I hope that is the end of the  issues, as Carole, I'm sure somteimes technology can  be a nightmare. I created this for a friend, whose birthday was yesterday, using one of my bird photos, as she is also an avid bird and insect watcher, like myslef. (Barn Swallow) The colours used in the candle can all be found in the photo. I used one of my embosed cutout templates. It's a 5x7 ecard. Which my friend was able to print off. I'm currently unable to comment on posts in the campus. Corrie Kinkel I love everything about your candle! If anyone was going to try their hand in creating one, I knew it would be you. They certainly do have the potential to be used in a variety of ways. I only wish I had thought of it long ago. Thanks Michele Fineron, for the suggestive challenge, as without your vision I may not have had thought to take the candle to this level. By the way, everyone has been posting wonderful, inspiring pages!

birthday bar swallow  candle ecard.jpg

Sue, this card is simple and elegant, and it is beautiful, as all your work is. I am sure the recipient will be delighted to receive such a lovely card.

• Like 3

On 6/12/2024 at 3:59 AM, AprilDawn said:

hello everyone, this is a friendship card i have made. the floral paper and leaves are from a purchased kit  a few years ago. the flower is free from chantalia design and the sentiment is a digi stamp from Power poppy....... best wishes...Dawn.

image.jpeg.bf879f44b1dbc4412f57e6afe3f2882b.jpeg

22 hours ago, AprilDawn said:

Dawn, you came back at full speed!  🙂 

Both cards are beautiful and show why I love your work so much.   The paisley lace is stunning!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Michele said:

Decided to make this daily pic look like an old-fashioned scrapbook page. It's an updated version of the one I did in 2017 (in green). I like them both, but the display size that FB uses now is different than it was back then which is why I had to change it. The font is Nymph's Handwriting free from Nymphont.

large.FABDL60sStarlet!600.jpg.794e0fe7e70da70e445f758059edaf01.jpg

large.FABDL60sStarlet(2018_08_0216_43_59UTC)600.jpg.aaae6c8e6368facfa00e7dece96ef9c3.jpg

I also like both of them, Michele! 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Susan, this is amazingly beautiful! The photo, the colors, the technique... You did it!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, AprilDawn said:

Hello Susan, your Good Bye card is beautiful !

best wishes

Dawn.

Thank you Dawn.  I've learned so much here at the Campus from Carole and everyone.  I've come a long way, and have a long way to go.  Wish I could live till I was 150 (in my current physical good health of course 😁)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

OK, it's kinda hard to post anything after Susan's masterpiece. She aced it!

I too have been making "cards" for some folks since they send me photos and I get all excited and want to use them in layouts. But mine are quick and simple and yet the recipients seem to appreciate them (or they're just very polite!)

One is a friend fishing in Montana; one is my great-nephew's high school grad; and the other is for a cousin's birthday coming up. I will add her name later below the flower.

Oops, I'll have to upload the fishing pic separately. I exceeded the limit.....I have been using 2400 x 3000 as canvas size and resizing down, so they become 600x750.

cousin bday.jpg

grad card.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Love 6