What are you working on (in June 2024)?

Cassel

I was happy to find a chipmunk took up residence under my patio and my cat, Eve, is also fascinated. He keeps her entertained since she can't go outside, herself. I snagged some templates from the mailer this morning from Digitalscrapbook.com. This one is from Rachel Martin. The title font is Agency, and the text is Arial. Meet Chip!

CHIPPY_forum.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

4 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I was happy to find a chipmunk took up residence under my patio and my cat, Eve, is also fascinated. He keeps her entertained since she can't go outside, herself. I snagged some templates from the mailer this morning from Digitalscrapbook.com. This one is from Rachel Martin. The title font is Agency, and the text is Arial. Meet Chip!

CHIPPY_forum.jpg

Ann, lovely page and personally I am not overly fond of greens but here it just belongs!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

It's wonderful! I am able to react to others' posts and comment on layouts. The gremlins seem to have been beaten back!

I prepared this a while ago and couldn't put it here, but it might work now. (I actually tried to post it just when the Forum went wonky.)

Just a general layout featuring one of my favourite plants in the garden. Purple is not a colour choice I use very often, but it works here, I think.

Some elements from Katie Pertiet Designs.

2024 Jun layout clematis_600.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

It's wonderful! I am able to react to others' posts and comment on layouts. The gremlins seem to have been beaten back!

I prepared this a while ago and couldn't put it here, but it might work now. (I actually tried to post it just when the Forum went wonky.)

Just a general layout featuring one of my favourite plants in the garden. Purple is not a colour choice I use very often, but it works here, I think.

I just posted my flower layout I've been holding through the gremlin attack. I put it on Carole's Chit Chat for June 4 page. She was calling for flowers at that point.

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Nice to see clematis doing so well! In the house we lived over 40 years before moving to the one we are living now, we tried to grow clematis many times with different varieties but due to the rather wet soil conditions we had, this never was a great succes.

• Like 3

Great to be back to posting.  This was the post I tried to post on June 6th.  so glad is stayed on the Editor...and good thing it didnt post because I forgot to add a shadow the Weel Done and the frame.  I had looked on "professor" Google to see what do Scottish people say for "congratulations" and it came up with a slang term, "Weel Done".  I have no idea if this is legit or not.

Just a quickie I did tonight...because I left it to the last moment.  My friends moved to Scotland on the Moray Firth (Moray Coast?) in Nairn (close to Inverness).  Tomorrow (from my point of view - Today from theirs) they get the keys to the new house and their new adventure.  I had originally thought I'd be doing something with the text and the outer frame, but it seems to look better in black.  I found the highland cow on Unsplash (Sasha Matic is the photographer) and since it was on a snowy white background I used the Darken blend mode to made the background disappear into the garage door.  

I found the highland cow in the circle frame on Creative Fabrica and used text on a path as shown in the last master class.  I see that I didnt get the bottom word as far away.  I'll fix that later, I need to send it now as they should be just about getting up for the day...as I'm about to be going to sleep.   I am showing it in black (as it came), on the layout I turned it to white so it would show up.  

Weel DoneFINAL-600.jpg

highland cow approved-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 2
  • Love 8

13 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Great to be back to posting.  This was the post I tried to post on June 6th.  so glad is stayed on the Editor...and good thing it didnt post because I forgot to add a shadow the Weel Done and the frame.  I had looked on "professor" Google to see what do Scottish people say for "congratulations" and it came up with a slang term, "Weel Done".  I have no idea if this is legit or not.

Just a quickie I did tonight...because I left it to the last moment.  My friends moved to Scotland on the Moray Firth (Moray Coast?) in Nairn (close to Inverness).  Tomorrow (from my point of view - Today from theirs) they get the keys to the new house and their new adventure.  I had originally thought I'd be doing something with the text and the outer frame, but it seems to look better in black.  I found the highland cow on Unsplash (Sasha Matic is the photographer) and since it was on a snowy white background I used the Darken blend mode to made the background disappear into the garage door.  

I found the highland cow in the circle frame on Creative Fabrica and used text on a path as shown in the last master class.  I see that I didnt get the bottom word as far away.  I'll fix that later, I need to send it now as they should be just about getting up for the day...as I'm about to be going to sleep.   I am showing it in black (as it came), on the layout I turned it to white so it would show up.  

Weel DoneFINAL-600.jpg

I love how you blended the pictures with the text being the divider. Very creative.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 6/7/2024 at 5:47 PM, Anne Lamp said:

Today is my husband and my 55 anniversary and I have just completed this.

framed t p a 55 6.jpg

What a lovely layout you created, Anne, to commemorate this important event. Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

It's great to see that the site is back to normal!  At least I haven't had any issues so far.  I can react to the posts, see the newest layouts, etc.   Great!

Carole probably lost a couple of hours of sleep, having to deal with this nightmare. 

• Sad 3

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Michele said:

I love how you blended the pictures with the text being the divider. Very creative.

Thank you so much Michele.  I wish I could take credit for the design but I saw it on a website somewhere.  The trick was to kern the letters to make sure they all touched.  I like the look.  It's great for things like; Happy Birthday, Congratulations etc and I made the the upper and lower layers mask groups.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 6/7/2024 at 10:47 AM, Anne Lamp said:

Today is my husband and my 55 anniversary and I have just completed this.

framed t p a 55 6.jpg

Thanks everyone for the upvotes and comments.  I decided the frame was too overpowering and now have it as my P C background minus the border and I like it better for that purpose.

• Like 4

Hello everyone, it has been a long time since i was here in the campus. I have had some very challenging health issues that have been hard to cope with and was not making any cards. however the last couple of months I have had the urge to try and make them again so have been having a play in PSP once again. i will post some later.... I just want to say that i have been looking at what you all have been doing and you all have done beautiful creations...... Best wishes to everyone.... Dawn.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, AprilDawn said:

Hello everyone, it has been a long time since i was here in the campus. I have had some very challenging health issues that have been hard to cope with and was not making any cards. however the last couple of months I have had the urge to try and make them again so have been having a play in PSP once again. i will post some later.... I just want to say that i have been looking at what you all have been doing and you all have done beautiful creations...... Best wishes to everyone.... Dawn.

Glad that PSP and creating some layouts has got you to come back! It's very therapeutic for me.

• Like 1

Thank You Bonnie and Julie for your welcome back greetings. i appreciate it very much. it will take some time for me to get use to the new campus format. I am posting a couple cards i have been doing the past couple weeks. The scene card i used a photo from unsplash which is in the background and then made a copy and used a plugin called Gmic which will work in PSP  and a filter in it called Dream Smoothing  to give the effect inside the frames created. I really liked the result it gave. The floral card i kept it simple by using the colours from pattern which i got from a free bundle of patterns . i made a selection of a flower and used leaf shapes to create a kind of cluster.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AprilDawn said:

Welcome back Dawn.  I hope you have overcome your challenges.  PSP is a great stress reliever too, glad to hear your are getting back in the saddle again.  Looking forward to your posts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AprilDawn said:

4 hours ago, AprilDawn said:

had trouble uploading images... trying again

image.jpeg.13fc2bd023667495acb46ed90767c370.jpegimage.jpeg.f4ee9e82493f53b7241a95088a19e277.jpeg

Dawn, I am so happy to see you!

I always loved your work, and these cards show why.   They are beautiful!

Welcome back! 💟

10 hours ago, AprilDawn said:

I have been missing you so much, Dawn! I miss our emails, too. So glad you've been getting some pleasure from PSP and the Campus. ❤️

• Like 1

I see that the posts I had posted, which disappeared, have been restored .  I  will now post the updated  transparent wordart candle which I posted on facebook as promised.   Anyway, after some playing I can create celebration, festive candles which I  will be happy with. Which are  ever so easy to  create, yet the results are quite impressive.  I will start with the base. Using the vector elipse shape create the shape, duplicate. Using the pen tool move the side nodes in on  the top layer, merge down, after duplicating, any gaps can be filled with the  brush tool. Using the feather tool in selections feather severeal times until you get a nice tapered gap.  Of course you would create the base after you have created the candle itself. Once you have  created the wordart, stretch it out horizontally, and and a little squidging down.   In order to achieve  a shorter more compact candle. If  that is what you'd prefer.  Always duplicate, then  convert to a raster.  I won't go through the instructions of  using the warp brush to  create the  rounded effect and shadows.  Check out the  tube tutorial in the  creative scrap.  Instead of using the usual written verse inside some  cards I intend using  a candle.  The candle flame came from CF.  I won't challenge you , but give it a try, and post it.  It really is  that easy. 

Festive candle.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 10

On 6/2/2024 at 2:24 PM, Sue Thomas said:

What do you think?  Initially I didn't add shadows, which makes it look better.  If you ask me, I'm still not overlly happy with it.  

Xmas wordart cylinder tube  candle.jpg

This version looks softer than the previous one. I like it. Well like both really.

• Like 1