What are you working on (in June 2024)?

Cassel

Date-03-2024.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in June be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it (if you are creating a double page, you can resize it to 1000 pixels in width if you don't want to post the pages separately).

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyway).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyway.

• Cassel pinned this topic

I always like to start the new month with my wild cat calendar. I worked on it in May and posted what turned out to be a preliminary version. Here is the final version and I will replace the one on Facebook with this one for download and printing.

2024 JUNE CALENDAR ANDEAN MOUNTAIN CAT_600.jpg

• Love 11

Posted (edited)

I'm up to date with  my cards, also some of my Xmas cards for 2024.   I'm back on the Xmas cards and  general festive  creations which I can add to cards.   Here is a Xmas wordart candle, I started last night.  The flame is from CF,  a selection of  fonts and a base I made using a vector shape, and the pen tool.  It will easy enough to change colours to adapt to  any card.

Xmas wordart candle.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 13

4 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I'm up to date with  my cards, also some of my Xmas cards for 2024.   I'm back on the Xmas cards and  general festive  creations which I can add to cards.   Here is a Xmas wordart candle, I started last night.  The flame is from CF,  a selection of  fonts and a base I made using a vector shape, and the pen tool.  It will easy enough to change colours to adapt to  any card.

Xmas wordart candle.jpg

Gorgeous! That flame looks so real. The simplicity of this is beautful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I always like to start the new month with my wild cat calendar. I worked on it in May and posted what turned out to be a preliminary version. Here is the final version and I will replace the one on Facebook with this one for download and printing.

2024 JUNE CALENDAR ANDEAN MOUNTAIN CAT_600.jpg

Every time I read or hear about the endangered species, I want to weep.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I live in a town named for the river that runs through it. It's an old French community right on Lake St. Clair in Ontario (part of the Great Lakes system). In the photo, the lake is just in the distance. One must cross the bridge to get in and out of town going West-East. Something not noticeable when you do it every day!

The Belle River Jun 2024_600.jpg

• Love 10

8 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Xmas wordart candle.jpg

So cool!  I love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Xmas wordart candle.jpg

I love this! Here's a challenge for you ~ Can you take the word art and make it curved like an actual rounded candle? I have full faith in you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Michele said:

I love this! Here's a challenge for you ~ Can you take the word art and make it curved like an actual rounded candle? I have full faith in you!

In all honesty that was my initial intention. I started to create a cylinder or tube, but not having a background, in my view it didn't  look quite right. As I  want it to be transparent. Later on I  will turn it into a cylinder shape and post, letting you be the judge of it.  I feel that a patterned text, or background for the text would give the best result.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

What do you think?  Initially I didn't add shadows, which makes it look better.  If you ask me, I'm still not overlly happy with it.  

Xmas wordart cylinder tube  candle.jpg

Looks like you rose to the challenge. Love it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Looks like you rose to the challenge. Love it.

I certainly did!   Thinking about it, what I should have done before I started the word art, was to  create the word art almost as wide as it is high, in order to  create the  tube effect.  As this  one now appears to be much taller, which it isn't, because I have narrowed it to get the rounded effect giving the illusion that it is. Another thing to take into consideration, is to  not to have such wide gaps between words on the same line.  I will know for next time.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

What do you think?  Initially I didn't add shadows, which makes it look better.  If you ask me, I'm still not overlly happy with it.  

I agree with you and can see why you are not overly happy with it, maybe your suggestions for the next try will work out much better. However  I admire the work with this and I myself would be happy to make something like your your first flat version, it is inspiring but I'm not into X-mas yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I agree with you and can see why you are not overly happy with it, maybe your suggestions for the next try will work out much better. However  I admire the work with this and I myself would be happy to make something like your your first flat version, it is inspiring but I'm not into X-mas yet.

To satisfy my own curiosity, I will do another one, using my suggestions.  At least when I do  need to create another one closer to Xmas, I will  know what steps to take, to create something I  will be happy to place on a card.  I was also thinking of using a word art candle on a  birthday card, it could be a funny one even. As we get older, one candle is sufficient. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I have been working on a card for my niece's bridal shower this month.My backgrounds are from CF. and the side panel is from the cass offsetcutout. The main font is Valentines, but the first letter is Flowerina both from CF. The hearts are from a Script Bundle downloaded from CF. The heart part of the frame is from CF, and I made the outer frame.

dsbridalshower.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
Addional information
  • Love 9

14 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Wow!  this is cool.  It really looks rounded.  

19 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

You're amazing! I'm going to challenge you even more and ask you to make the bottom of it curve more toward the white oval. I know I'm a pain in the butt. 😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Michele said:

You're amazing! I'm going to challenge you even more and ask you to make the bottom of it curve more toward the white oval. I know I'm a pain in the butt. 😄

I'm  not quite sure what  you  mean. You want the base of the candle  to fan out. Can you give me  an example.  I can make, say the last two words words taper out like a Christmas tree. To create a base,  while still maintaining  the cylinder shape.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I'm  not quite sure what  you  mean. You want the base of the candle  to fan out. Can you give me  an example.  I can make, say the last two words words taper out like a Christmas tree. To create a base,  while still maintaining  the cylinder shape.

Not taper out, but round it down. Is the white oval supposed to be a candle dish? If not, just ignore me. 🤪

image.jpeg.79e60e4a27d49d9d274c81fb99819117.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michele said:

Not taper out, but round it down. Is the white oval supposed to be a candle dish? If not, just ignore me. 🤪

image.jpeg.79e60e4a27d49d9d274c81fb99819117.jpeg

Haaaa!   Now I understand.  I have just done this.  But I can also  follow the shape of the base, like in your image. 

Xmas wordart cylinder tube candleb.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Michele, this is what I have done.  Actually I like that added touch to the bottom, rounding the base of the candle.  It's quite subtle,  yet visible, as I followed the line of the  oval base. 

Xmas wordart cylinder .jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 3

On 6/1/2024 at 8:54 PM, Sue Thomas said:

Xmas wordart candle.jpg

Wow, Sue! This is so creative! It will definitely go to the "Sue's layouts" section. 🙂

• Love 1

On 6/2/2024 at 3:24 PM, Sue Thomas said:

I love this!

• Like 1