Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

Card3_get-well_800x571_jeni.jpg.e94225e063964996ae922f67390a1372.jpg

Card 3, I am slowly catching up after days with visitors. 
I still have the extra card to complete for Day 2, I have not decided how to do that one, yet.
We have a wonderful garden planted by a woman on farmland about 8 kilometres from here. Muriel was pregnant with her son, now in his 40s, I think, and she and her husband were on a huge farm. She decided to begin planting, now her gardens are visited by people from all over the world.
The font is Lemon Milk, the butterfly is a brush from Danetta. Flower photography is mine.
Jeni

• Like 3
  • Love 15

28 minutes ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Thank you, Wendy.
I have spent some time in Milford, having lived and worked in Te Anau for years. I was sent to Milford Sound to set up an office, on the wharf, for my employer many years ago.
I lived there for 1 month and went on the last boat trip out on the Sound each day, which was so cool.
Jeni

It must have been an amazing experience being there for a month...we went on a cruise and stayed in the sound all day and it felt like being on a movie set...those walls up each side of the sound are like nothing I've ever seen before...huge vertical cliffs...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wendy Sanders said:

It must have been an amazing experience being there for a month...we went on a cruise and stayed in the sound all day and it felt like being on a movie set...those walls up each side of the sound are like nothing I've ever seen before...huge vertical cliffs...

Even some of the huge cruise ships get dwarfed in Milford Sound.
I do feel grateful for the beauty surrounding me, I have Milford and Doubtful Sounds available to travel to, as well as Stewart Island and the Catlins, all within a couple of hours.
You are also lucky to live in a beautiful country. I have spent time in Melbourne, and lived in Sydney for six years.
Australia is my home away from home. I was travelling back to Australia, for the Tamworth Country Music Festival, although not able to do so for a while.
Jeni

• Like 2

Not necessarily satisfied with this, but my arm has given out; not easy to do with a pinched nerve. 😄 I took the pic of my neighbor's flowering bush (tree?) a long time ago. I put several of Cassel's scripts to work: brad factory, ribbon factory, and bow 11. 

large.CardWorkshop2024Day1600.jpg.e09d002ad8eab2d741db9c46eadec25b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 16

1 hour ago, Michele said:

Not necessarily satisfied with this, but my arm has given out; not easy to do with a pinched nerve. 😄 I took the pic of my neighbor's flowering bush (tree?) a long time ago. I put several of Cassel's scripts to work: brad factory, ribbon factory, and bow 11. 

large.CardWorkshop2024Day1600.jpg.e09d002ad8eab2d741db9c46eadec25b.jpg

Ouch.  A pinched nerve can be so painful,  The flowers are from a pink dogwood tree.  I have a bazillion pictures of them that I take every year. LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been doing cemeteries ... so I guess I have that on the brain.  Memorial Day fast approaching.  I was okay with the little stars as they had color behind them.  It's already super busy and colorful ... don't think it needed any corners.  LOL

Memorial Day 4c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 13

Getting ready for great-grandson, Jonah's First Birthday. He is the son of my granddaughter, Ilana, and brother to Logan. My daughter Laurey is grandma. I used a collection in my clipart from Design Bundles-Watercolor Forest Friends. The font is Baby Olivia. 

LESSON FOUR-JONAH BIRTHDAY-FOX_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 14

Card 3 I haven't varied much with the design from Carole's tutorial but I liked the idea of the texture to the background that Sheila has used. Font: Blackbird.

I am not sure when adding textures how you can change the colours from the choice in the box that opens up to any colours in your swatches. It always opens up with the wheel without a way, that I can see, of getting to your swatches in the Materials Palette.

Card3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 15

Card 3 The iris flowers are from my garden and the font is Magnolia Balmitha from a CF font bundle. The texture is from texture effects sculpture called designer effects 01 and lightened. The flower borders are glitters from my kit.

dsgetwell600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 15

Card number 4. Another CF image used. I used a mask but forgot to take note of whose. I used the technique that Carol demonstrated for the band which worked so easily. However, I coloured hap hazardly and used a font called Butterfly Bold. TFL.

CardWorkshop-Card4-Resize-SGH-23-05-2024.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 14

Posted (edited)

Day 4.  The invitation cards are all fictitious.  Although I do live a 20 minute drive from Gardiner Dam, where there is always an abundance of birds of all kind.   American White Pelicans at Gardiner dam, on the South Saskatchewan river side of the dam. The other side of the dam is Lake Diefenbaker.   This card shows my attemp at being witty.🙃

Day 4.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 16

6 minutes ago, fiona cook said:

Card 4: I didn't use a punch but a heart shape that I colourised. Font: Blackbird, Loved making the hearts. No idea why I chose alpacas. Maybe because they have big lips for kissing!

Card4.jpg

I don't know about alpacas, but horses will use breathing to connect, communicate and calm other horses down.  I will often share breath with my girls, when they recipricate, I know that we  have a trusting bond.  By the way, great page!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, fiona cook said:

Card 4: I didn't use a punch but a heart shape that I colourised. Font: Blackbird, Loved making the hearts. No idea why I chose alpacas. Maybe because they have big lips for kissing!

Card4.jpg

Fiona, if you hadn't said they were alpacas I wouldn't have known at all! LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Day 4

For this card I used a flower bouquet clipart from my stash (I suspect it was once a freebie by CF), but instead of the hearts I used a flower and a leaves corner by Lyleya; the font is Mimosa script. I needed a more generic birthday card and this one is not with a specific recipient in mind. Like always I keep one version as a psp-image to change text or colors when needed. I will probably, at a later moment, use the extra template, but for now this should do because I'm working to make my album at the same time as well.

CardWorkshop-Card4-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 16

The inside of this card would read, "Happy Retirement!" The text treatment recreates a card I have waiting to be sent to a friend who retires at the end of May.

The picture is a stock picture I've had for years. The sandals across the bottom and the suns in the ribbon are from Cassel's Summer Punches.

GNL-GreetingCard-04-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 13

Card 3 - I used kitty images from Creative Fabrica, a script overlay from Samantha Murphy, Brad template by Josy Carson, Font is Black Letter Regular.

CardWorkshop-Card3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 15

On 5/10/2024 at 7:08 PM, Cassel said:

CardWorkshop-600.jpg

This workshop will illustrate 7 ways to create greeting cards for any occasion you want.

It was offered for the first time, in 2022, and this is the second time only.

The workshop will start on May 20th.

Register here

Who will join us?

CardWorkshop-Card2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 12

I went with a gardening theme for card 3. The font is Bubblegum sans. The sunflower sequence has been extracted from an image downloaded from Freepik. The background is as Carole showed in the video.

card3 600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 13

Posted (edited)

day 2

the font is Kayla Extrude - don't remember where I got it.

I really like the custom selection ... if I saw it before, I forgot it.

CardWorkshop-Card2a.jpg

Edited by Randy
  • Like 3
  • Love 13

Posted (edited)

My day 4 card. The background (not the stripes) and the oval were made with a  kaleidoscope image I made from an American flag. The striped stuff was made using the red white blue striped square I made a few days ago. The text is Tattoo Studio.  OOPS I see I forgot to link the text and shadow when I moved the text over a little.  Oh well I can always fix that. I did.

My day 4 card    done 6  fixed.jpg

Edited by Anne Lamp
  • Like 4
  • Love 10