Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

My Card 2 follows on the flower theme. I used my photo of daisies to sample the colours from and decided to use it as a reduced opacity background over a plain background.  Font: Babylone. The stripey frame was fun to see take effect. I took note of how to create a back but didn't do it as I tend to print off a design on paper and attach to a pre-folded plain greetings card.

Card2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 17

2 hours ago, Wendy Sanders said:

What a gorgeous little girl...I have a great granddaughter who looks very much like this one and she is now 3 but 4 in February...love the card Ann.

Thank you, Wendy. I'm afraid I've made Magic rather in-famous in these rooms. 😉 It's hard to pass up her photos.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here is my first greeting card, a birthday card for my great granddaughter, Magic. Her 4th birthday is June 4. It appears I have 4 more birthdays coming up in June so this workshop will come in handy! The birthday coin is from Cassel.

GREETING CARD WORKSHOP-EXTRA01- MAGIC 06-04_600.jpg

Awesome Ann.  Better add one more day in June....for me! ☺️ I'm already behind, not sure I'll be able to post anything this week at all.  It's very busy with my bestie moving to Scotland on Saturday and work being unusually busy.  At least I can download the supplies and get it done through the Diamond membership. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

18 hours ago, fiona cook said:

I just love flowers and flower photography plus I have a niece's birthday coming up so the ideal subject. I changed the canvas to 1500 x1500. Used a Random Noise Effect to the scallop paper. The texture effect, 'Blind' on the strip is bold at 100%. The round element is 'happiness is homemade' by Marissa Lerin form Digital scrapbooking.com. The font I have used is also from Creative Fabrica called 'Babylone'

Card1.jpg

Fiona, this is so beautiful and the your color choices are perfect.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5

Incredible work from everyone.  It's really inspiring.  Looks like I might not be able to join as this week is going to be an exhausting one!  But I will look forward to seeing your beautiful creations.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)

Memorial Day (United States) was formerly called Decoration Day. Families would gather dressed in their Sunday best to decorate the graves of their loved ones.

On the Sunday before Decoration Day, churches would host an "All Day Singing" and a huge picnic. Gospel singers would perform in the sanctuary and congregational singing in between. It was a tradition in the South and is still celebrated in rural areas, particularly in Appalachia.

The inside of the card would have instructions about where to leave your casserole on your way to the worship service. A few volunteers would get everything ready. It would also include some of the groups that would be joining the festivities.

GNL-GreetingCard-02-600.jpg

Edited by Gerry Landreth
  • Like 5
  • Love 14

14 hours ago, Cassel said:

Did the photo and the clipart come together or did you make the montage?

They came together on one image. I have a subscription to Freepik and the creator is laogao.

I'm not skilled enough to create a montage myself. Is this a possible masterclass topic?

• Like 2

My Lesson Two - A birthday card for my step-daughter, Beth Seeber-Wilson. She'll be 57 this year, the youngest of my 3 girls. She's the grandmother of Sonya, whose birthday is also coming in June. I'm having a bit of fun with Beth, as you can see... 😉

LESSON TWO - CARD WORKSHOP - BETH BIRTHDAY_600.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 12

Posted (edited)

Workshop day 2

This time I used the original template and it is again a birthday card, probably all my cards will be for birthdays and this one goes by mail. It is intended for my cousin who likes butterflies very, very much; she has butterflies on her plates, cups and saucer, posters, photos, bracelets, brooches etc. Every year I try to make her a card with butterflies or send one that a bought when I come across one. I indeed need a double card so that's what I made and show here. The text is in Dutch but I kept a psp version for use with a different language. The butterflies are a bunch of watercolor cliparts that I have for a long time in my stash, I knew that one day they would come in handy. The font is Calligraphy and I it often because it is easy to read.

Workshop-Card2-600.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
Forgot something
  • Like 3
  • Love 16

I sew in a group in Florida for the Greater Federation of Women's Clubs/RWWC - and we are ALWAYS thankful for new members to participate.  We sew for many charities and organizations that just need help ... the Cancer Center, Pregnancy Center, whatever locals ask for help.  We have only about ten members right now but hoping for more!  We do lots of other things, too, to make money for teen scholarships and support many groups that do good things!  When I am not playing in PSP, you'll find me at a sewing machine.  LOL

Sewing Group GFWC-RWWC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 19

Christmas again… The trees and reindeer are from a kit by Elif Sahin (a little sparkle elements template). The font is Courgette. The background is a solid colour fill with noise added.

card2 600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 16

Day 1 -- All the items are from my Retro Christmas kit. The top background is one of my white grunge creations overlaid with a cass gradient. Since all the card that I make are 8.5 by 11, I changed the template to 5.5 by 11. When I print my cards, I print them borderless. The plaid was made with cass stripe2 script. The font is Sequents from Creative Fabrica. However, I had to make them in Photoshop since they don't work in Paintshop. I made them on a page and used cass AlphaSheetseparator script for the individual letters.

dsChristmasCard600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 15

Day 2, continuing with the Invitation theme.   I complied with the video, with the exception of grouping the 4  photo slots into one large one to accommodate the  photo of the male Baltimore Oriole.  

Day 2 (2).jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 14

My Card 2. Not sure I liked the outcome of this one but I did learn a new technique so that's a good thing. I needed to re outline the image before colouring as the original outline was a bit bitty after I had made it a transparent image using the plugin Cybia Alphaworks. I used a font called Peaches en Regalia. TFL

CardWorkshop-Card2-SGH-21-05-2024.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 17

4 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Day 2, continuing with the Invitation theme.   I complied with the video, with the exception of grouping the 4  photo slots into one large one to accommodate the  photo of the male Baltimore Oriole.  

Day 2 (2).jpg

Love the colours in the frame! Well picked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

52 minutes ago, Minka Glasier said:

I sew in a group in Florida for the Greater Federation of Women's Clubs/RWWC - and we are ALWAYS thankful for new members to participate.  We sew for many charities and organizations that just need help ... the Cancer Center, Pregnancy Center, whatever locals ask for help.  We have only about ten members right now but hoping for more!  We do lots of other things, too, to make money for teen scholarships and support many groups that do good things!  When I am not playing in PSP, you'll find me at a sewing machine.  LOL

Sewing Group GFWC-RWWC.jpg

What kind charitable work your group does. Kudos.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

Day 1 -- All the items are from my Retro Christmas kit. The top background is one of my white grunge creations overlaid with a cass gradient. Since all the card that I make are 8.5 by 11, I changed the template to 5.5 by 11. When I print my cards, I print them borderless. The plaid was made with cass stripe2 script. The font is Sequents from Creative Fabrica. However, I had to make them in Photoshop since they don't work in Paintshop. I made them on a page and used cass AlphaSheetseparator script for the individual letters.

dsChristmasCard600.jpg

A beautiful colourful festive page.  Is the font a layered or a coloured font.  If it is  a layered font, it  is easy enough to colour them.  Using all the fonts in the folder, including its shadow font. There is a tutorial, but I can't remember at the moment where it is located in the campus.  Try the  blog.  I use  layered fonts.  

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Lesson 2 - Also an invitation to a (fictional) Christmas get-together to do some baking. A group of us used to do this for a few years, then it gradually faded away, as things tend to do.

Had some trouble with the back of the card, but it passes for done as it is.

I really enjoyed the video with the cupcakes. The layout was cute and so cleverly done.

SBC Greeting Card Lesson 2_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 17

5 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Love the colours in the frame! Well picked.

I feel you can't go wrong when you  choose colours from photos.  I did lower the brightness a touch on  this one.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

dsChristmasCard600.jpg

So bright and cheerful!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

A beautiful colourful festive page.  Is the font a layered or a coloured font.  If it is  a layered font, it  is easy enough to colour them.  Using all the fonts in the folder, including its shadow font. There is a tutorial, but I can't remember at the moment where it is located in the campus.  Try the  blog.  I use  layered font.  

The font is a layered font called sequents from CF. I love this font, but the layers don't line up in Paintshop. I had to use Photoshop. https://scrapbookcampus.com/2022/06/how-to-use-layered-fonts/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fiona cook said:

My Card 2 follows on the flower theme. I used my photo of daisies to sample the colours from and decided to use it as a reduced opacity background over a plain background.  Font: Babylone. The stripey frame was fun to see take effect. I took note of how to create a back but didn't do it as I tend to print off a design on paper and attach to a pre-folded plain greetings card.

Card2.jpg

That's a great idea for printing, Fiona. Glad you mentioned it. I have a friend who does that with her husband's gorgeous photos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Lesson 2 - Also an invitation to a (fictional) Christmas get-together to do some baking. A group of us used to do this for a few years, then it gradually faded away, as things tend to do.

Had some trouble with the back of the card, but it passes for done as it is.

I really enjoyed the video with the cupcakes. The layout was cute and so cleverly done.

SBC Greeting Card Lesson 2_600.jpg

Another  beautiful colourful festive page, but not overly bold.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

The font is a layered font called sequents from CF. I love this font, but the layers don't line up in Paintshop. I had to use Photoshop. https://scrapbookcampus.com/2022/06/how-to-use-layered-fonts/

Ah, good it was in the blog.  I have been using layered fonts since before Carole  did the  blog post.   I make sure that everything is centred, that way all the fonts in the folder are aligned with  each other.  I will download that font, and see if the  layers line up for me, using my way of using them.

• Like 5