What are you working on (in May 2024)?

Cassel

Date-03-2024.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in May be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it (if you are creating a double page, you can resize it to 1000 pixels in width if you don't want to post the pages separately).

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyway).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyway.

Posted (edited)

I started creating this as just one page, and it ended up being a double page. Most of the time, the final layout is completely different from the one I began—different papers, colors... That's why it takes so long for me, but I am happy that at least I'm doing something.

Credits:

• Template by Scrapping with Liz (SwL_LotsofBlocksTemplate5). -- To suit my needs, I usually rotate the template, change the size of the photos, etc.
  • Background paper: #ps_janet-scott_43698_paper-texture-template-068_cu plus a Photo Effects>Sepia Toning  ---- I also added a lined paper I created for the Build-A-Kit Workshop, plus a photo of the internet with a Black Pencil filter.
  • From Cassel: Tutorials>Fasteners>Back Brad --  Photo Prongs -- Cross Stitch
  •  cass-DateStamp#4 script, which I purchased on the 22nd just for this layout.

The arrows are created with a font suggested in the Lab7-Module 08 (KGArrows).

500-Dresden, wir kommen DP.jpg

Lab7-Module08 KG Arrows.jpg

300-ps_janet-scott paper-texture.jpg

300-DresdenSehenswuerdigkeiten BlacPencil.jpg

SwL_LotsofBlocksTemplate5.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 3
  • Love 10

Ann, Christina, I love both your pages. At the moment I am still in California and I just checked in to see what the new month brings. I am pretty much occupied here with all kind of things. Made a lot of flower photos, visited interesting places, enjoyed family time and helped with book interviews in the class of my youngest granddaughter! Coming weekend we will be going to Yosemite National Park and on Tuesday I will be flying home. So end of next week after my jet lag I am back in the Campus, albeit a bit sad after saying farewell to my dearests. See you all soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Ann, Christina, I love both your pages. At the moment I am still in California and I just checked in to see what the new month brings. I am pretty much occupied here with all kind of things. Made a lot of flower photos, visited interesting places, enjoyed family time and helped with book interviews in the class of my youngest granddaughter! Coming weekend we will be going to Yosemite National Park and on Tuesday I will be flying home. So end of next week after my jet lag I am back in the Campus, albeit a bit sad after saying farewell to my dearests. See you all soon!

I miss you, Corrie. Hope you're having a BLAST! 😉 Safe travels on your journey home.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I started this layout in April, but I just couldn't make it work. I don't think it does now, but I wanted to use the Split Photo effect that Sue T. took the time to draw my attention to after seeing her examples. So here it is. Picture is from a friend whose son is the groom.

split photo frame layout.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 2
  • Love 10

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I started this layout in April, but I just couldn't make it work. I don't think it does now, but I wanted to use the Split Photo effect that Sue T. took the time to draw my attention to after seeing her examples. So here it is. Picture is from a friend whose son is the groom.

I think you have a done a lovely job.  I like the split frame effect. If I may,  I'm going to make an alternative suggestion using a frame or the split frame technique and I have also posted an example even though it's not the split frame effect, it  is still a frame, and  I feel it will work equally as well.  Duplicate the  photo, hide one. Create the frame/frames.  Using the  magic wand select outside the frame,  contract by a few pixels, then invert.  Now you can edit the  photo not in the frame or frames, reduce the opacity, blur, add a texture, its up to you.   I would then place the hearts up in the left corner, with  a few words.  I  added an out of bounds effect, for that I used the  hiden photo.  You could  have the bouquet just out of the frame.  

House Sparrow  frame and quote Spring blossoms.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 10

11 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Thank you, Corrie. I am sure you will bring back great memories and photos from your time in California... Saying goodbye to the family is never easy. 😞 

Have a safe trip home! 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Julie, this is lovely!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I think you have a done a lovely job.  I like the split frame effect. If I may,  I'm going to make an alternative suggestion using a frame or the split frame technique and I have also posted an example even though it's not the split frame effect, it  is still a frame, and  I feel it will work equally as well.  Duplicate the  photo, hide one. Create the frame/frames.  Using the  magic wand select outside the frame,  contract by a few pixels, then invert.  Now you can edit the  photo not in the frame or frames, reduce the opacity, blur, add a texture, its up to you.   I would then place the hearts up in the left corner, with  a few words.  I  added an out of bounds effect, for that I used the  hiden photo.  You could  have the bouquet just out of the frame.  

House Sparrow  frame and quote Spring blossoms.jpg

I always appreciate your suggestions Sue. Love the idea of putting the bouquet outside the frame. And this frame layout is wonderful!

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I always appreciate your suggestions Sue. Love the idea of putting the bouquet outside the frame. And this frame layout is wonderful!

I was planting an idea for you,  as I couldn't replicate your  appealing unique style, should you run with the idea, you will  create it  with your own style, making it your own.  I'm certain that it will  be  fabulous what ever  you do. 

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I was planting an idea for you,  as I couldn't replicate your  appealing unique style, should you run with the idea, you will  create it  with your own style, making it your own.  I'm certain that it will  be  fabulous what ever  you do. 

The idea was planted, and I was watching some lessons on extracting. It's not something I've become proficient at. You're always so kind and that is appreciated.

• Thanks 1

I’ve got quite a collection of photos from the garden and local walks and have started to use some of them in layouts. My first one is ‘Wild Garlic Flowers’. I used the grid technique from the Masterclass ‘Scrap in Grid’ and a simple white background.

Wild Garlic 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Posted (edited)

My daughter sent  me a photo of her three girls.  Tot in the middle is the mother of the other two.  Smudge and Bramble is the wire haired one.  They are Parsons terriers.  I started the extraction last night, after  watching the  advanced extraction  masterclass in the campus.  It is an older video, but most helpful. It was a tedious, eye staining task.  Yet, althouogh it's not perfect, I'm happy with the end result.  I've sent it to my daughter, which she will get tomorrow morning. I given her a choice of background colours.  Here is one one them. 

The three girls.jpg

The girls. greenjpg.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

My daughter sent  me a photo of her three girls.  Tot in the middle is the mother of the other two.  Smudge and Bramble is the wire haired one.  They are Parsons terriers.  I started the extraction last night, after  watching the  advanced extraction  masterclass in the campus.  It is an older video, but most helpful. It was a tedious, eye staining task.  Yet, althouogh it's not perfect, I'm happy with the end result.  I've sent it to my daughter, which she will get tomorrow morning. I given her a choice of background colours.  Here is one one them. 

The three girls.jpg

The girls. greenjpg.jpg

Yikes, I bet it was tedious and eye straining, especially around Brambles (dog on the right?) face, so many little hairs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Yikes, I bet it was tedious and eye straining, especially around Brambles (dog on the right?) face, so many little hairs.  

Its not fininshed yet I have to add a dreamy feathery look to the  rather harsh cut off of the legs.  The hardest and time consuming part has been done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

Its not fininshed yet I have to add a dreamy feathery look to the  rather harsh cut off of the legs.  The hardest and time consuming part has been done.

Looking forward to seeing it when it's done.  Then looking at the before and the after.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

The three girls.jpg

The girls. greenjpg.jpg

Well done, and thanks for including what kind of dogs they are, I was wondering what they were until I read what you wrote.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2024 at 8:09 PM, Julie Magerka said:

I think it's beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2024 at 7:55 PM, Sue Thomas said:

The three girls.jpg

The girls. greenjpg.jpg

They are too cute!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here's what I've been distracted by recently. I was a bit astounded to find a parrot at my bird feeders! All the supplies came from Marisa Lerin, mostly from her Template 530 and Bolivia Mini-Kit. The title font is Algerian, and the text font is Agency. I'd like to introduce you to the Quaker Parrot "Sweetie Pie".

QUAKER PARROT 05-02-24_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I haven't been scrapping much lately but took time last night to do a layout for a challenge at The Lily Pad. Main requirement was to use a template by Scrapping with Liz (she gives a free template upon completion). To post the layout in their gallery you need to use a kit sold by a designer in their store (retired kits are OK to use). So all my supplies for the layout are from The Lily Pad: SWL Recyclables 79 template (deleted a photo spot) and Forever Joy's Dog Tails.

Instructions for the layout:

1. An odd number of photos (1, 3, 5, etc.)
2. At least one background paper with pink on it
3. At least one other paper/paper piece with yellow on it
4. At least one blue round element (can be button, flower, word art, etc.)
5. At least one orange word (can be title, date, journaling, word art, etc.)

If you posted in the thread before the challenge started, you could delete one of the instructions if desired. I deleted #5.

The dog was actually a flat paper element as was the word strip. I used an inner bevel on both of them and like the result, especially on the dog. I think it looks like a magnet!

2024 0414 Peyton.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6