Quick-Page Workshop - April 2024

Cassel

Day 3 Project 1 and 2

large.202259AutoTrainps_marisa-lerin_113958_quick-pages-kit-44b_cu600.jpg.8b51f20ee299952cfd7ecd684bdad4ee.jpg

large.2024423LazyLazyPennyps_marisa-lerin_106605_quick-page-set-33-bolivia-02_cu600.jpg.b4a6691adc6fb44c8e02add401709e53.jpg

Penny often lies down to drink and she is in the sink occasionally. Sleeping on her back everyday!

There really isn't much to see on the auto train. Most of your travel is at night. Sleeping quarters are very small. My "room" was for 2 people. I sure am glad I had it by myself.

• Love 9

@Donna Sillia That fish photo is perfect for this QP. And the changes you made look like they were part of the page to start with.

@Anja Pelzer It is a fun idea to include the year inside the camera element!

@Ann Seeber it fun to see you use an opacity change to let the whole photo show on the FB header!

@Mary Solaas Quick and easy, and efficient work!

@Bonnie Ballentine That must be you on the picture! I recognize the smile!

• Love 1

Day 3 Diamond Extra QP

You know you need more practice with Filter forge (13) when you cant figure out how to get a photo into it.  It was different than version 12 and I haven't used it in a long time.  They have great filters so I don't know why I haven't.  The Fonts are Break Love and Breath from CF.  Bottom photo is my original.  upper right is PSP effects>photo effects> infrared. the left photo is the one I used filer forge on, I forget the name now.  

QP Day 3 1 photo-3ways-600.jpg

• Love 10

An old run-down building in St Bathans, Central Otago, New Zealand.

marisa-lerin_113958_600x600_StBathans_jeni_.jpg.97458610047b5f9e560608db81a04266.jpg

The owner of Ohinetahi, an historic homestead on Lyttelton Harbour at Governors Bay, Christchurch, New Zealand hosted a garden party yearly on behalf of Save the Children.
I loved to attend partly because of the scenery, and partly because of the gardens.

marisa-lerin_106605_QP_600x600_Ohinetahi_jeni.jpg.3c5294dad44521982235ecb5e6217f5b.jpg

An Australian Water Dragon, posing while enjoying the sun at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane, Australia

QP-Non-Scrap-3_600x222_WaterDragon_jeni.jpg.032d27e88d90cf2f689cf4b23f73f449.jpg

Jeni

• Love 9

19 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Thank you!   I did make a point of clearly specifying that it was a layered quick page, from  an outside source from  Marisa Lenin scrapbooking I believe. I tend to rename my resources.  I have several of them. I wish I had  been using them sooner, as they are easy to edit,  colourize even delete unwanted layers. I'm able to complete a page within  around15 mins.

I use layered templates often. It's easy to make them your own as they are just a starting point.

Edited by Michele
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Donna Sillia That fish photo is perfect for this QP. And the changes you made look like they were part of the page to start with.

@Anja Pelzer It is a fun idea to include the year inside the camera element!

@Ann Seeber it fun to see you use an opacity change to let the whole photo show on the FB header!

@Mary Solaas Quick and easy, and efficient work!

@Bonnie Ballentine That must be you on the picture! I recognize the smile!

Yes, that's me...

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Jeni Simpson said:

marisa-lerin_113958_600x600_StBathans_jeni_.jpg.97458610047b5f9e560608db81a04266.jpg

The owner of Ohinetahi, an historic homestead on Lyttelton Harbour at Governors Bay, Christchurch, New Zealand hosted a garden party yearly on behalf of Save the Children.
I loved to attend partly because of the scenery, and partly because of the gardens.

marisa-lerin_106605_QP_600x600_Ohinetahi_jeni.jpg.3c5294dad44521982235ecb5e6217f5b.jpg

An Australian Water Dragon, posing while enjoying the sun at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane, Australia

QP-Non-Scrap-3_600x222_WaterDragon_jeni.jpg.032d27e88d90cf2f689cf4b23f73f449.jpg

Jeni

Jeni, I am really enjoying your pages.  The scenery and critters are so wildly different than in Western Canada where I am. That water dragon is so cute, are they as big as iguanas.  

• Thanks 1

I'm late, but here's my Day 1. Since many of us are seniors, I used this funny photo from Freepik. The font is Rosthila Sans. QP's are just that...quick, but it took me some time lining up all the letters. OCD is a battle sometimes. LOL 

large.Busy-QP10102600.jpg.26945f41b0813604dcec2e568e2f5343.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Love 8

28 minutes ago, Michele said:

I'm late, but here's my Day 1. Since many of us are seniors, I used this funny photo from Freepik. The font is Rosthila Sans. QP's are just that...quick, but it took me some time lining up all the letters. OCD is a battle sometimes. LOL 

large.Busy-QP10102600.jpg.26945f41b0813604dcec2e568e2f5343.jpg

What a wonderful layout, love the photo.  It sure puts a smile on my face.  I hope I have as much energy as this lady seems to have when I get to where she is (in age; 29 yrs with 50 years of experience, right?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I went back and tackled the layout from Lesson 2. I decided to create a template of sorts in order to change the background color which is now a gradient created with the cass-gradient creator script using the colors of the sparrow. The title font is Vivaldi treated to the Sculpture Effect using the Geometric pattern with white. I have these little guys hopping all over the ground under my feeders. Their striped heads are quite noticeable. He even dominates this busy QP.

LESSON TWO-WHITE CROWNED SPARROW_600.jpg

• Love 9

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I went back and tackled the layout from Lesson 2. I decided to create a template of sorts in order to change the background color which is now a gradient created with the cass-gradient creator script using the colors of the sparrow. The title font is Vivaldi treated to the Sculpture Effect using the Geometric pattern with white. I have these little guys hopping all over the ground under my feeders. Their striped heads are quite noticeable. He even dominates this busy QP.

LESSON TWO-WHITE CROWNED SPARROW_600.jpg

Just an ordinary wee bird, but you have made the whole thing just shine and sparkle. Love it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Day 3 Diamond Extra QP

You know you need more practice with Filter forge (13) when you cant figure out how to get a photo into it.  It was different than version 12 and I haven't used it in a long time.  They have great filters so I don't know why I haven't.  The Fonts are Break Love and Breath from CF.  Bottom photo is my original.  upper right is PSP effects>photo effects> infrared. the left photo is the one I used filer forge on, I forget the name now.  

QP Day 3 1 photo-3ways-600.jpg

Love the layout, and the background really makes it! Great colours.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Jeni

What a cute little fellow that dragon is!

• Thanks 1

I'm doing this piecemeal.  I did some alteration on this remembering what someone said in the 1st QP Workshop I did about putting a layer above the QP in a color (I used a gradient sky blue in this one) and changing the blend mode (I used Dodge with an opacity of 24). You have to be careful when doing this because it also changes the color of the photo if your photo is alerady there (and mine was). So - it's a learning curve. The font is MV Boli.

Busy-QP2_600.jpg

• Love 8

I had this quickpage saved from last year. The photos are of my daughter's cat who was a feral kitten when Beth rescued her. Baby Lucky terrified Beth's two pit bulls. She would boldly lie on one of the dog's beds, and they would not come near her. Now, of course, they are friends. The fonts are a layered font, Kid Zone, from CF. The black cat is from Scary Halloween Ornaments also from CF. The quote font is Magestic Inline Grunge from Deeezy.com. 

dslucky600.jpg

• Love 9

Continuing my Shawungunk saga, I managed to slip in a shot of Mohonk Mountain House, a well-known resort in New Paltz. You may recall when I documented my parents' old Model A Ford having to take us up the driveway to the resort backwards because the gas tank was gravity-feed! 

QP-LESSON FOUR-BANNER-SHAWUNGUNK RIDGE_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Love 9

10 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Jeni, I am really enjoying your pages.  The scenery and critters are so wildly different than in Western Canada where I am. That water dragon is so cute, are they as big as iguanas.  

Thank you, Susan.
Because I am in the Southern Hemisphere, so far away from most others, I enjoy showcasing our beautiful region, both Australia where I lived for a while, and still enjoy travelling to, and New Zealand where I live.  The water dragon in those photos is about the size of a small cat. My housemates and I used to take a salad and a loaf of bread across to the Manly Dam in Sydney, Australia for our breakfast on weekends, and I remember seeing a small iguana sitting on a log close by.
Jeni

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Thank you, Susan.
Because I am in the Southern Hemisphere, so far away from most others, I enjoy showcasing our beautiful region, both Australia where I lived for a while, and still enjoy travelling to, and New Zealand where I live.  The water dragon in those photos is about the size of a small cat. My housemates and I used to take a salad and a loaf of bread across to the Manly Dam in Sydney, Australia for our breakfast on weekends, and I remember seeing a small iguana sitting on a log close by.
Jeni

Oh Jeni, you are so lucky to live where you do.  I have loved Australia since I first saw "The Man from Snowy River" and "Pharlap" many many years ago.  And New Zealand, so rich and green and so many interesting animals and birds, that I've only seen on nature shows.  I'm looking forward to more of your showcasing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I had this quickpage saved from last year. The photos are of my daughter's cat who was a feral kitten when Beth rescued her. Baby Lucky terrified Beth's two pit bulls. She would boldly lie on one of the dog's beds, and they would not come near her. Now, of course, they are friends. The fonts are a layered font, Kid Zone, from CF. The black cat is from Scary Halloween Ornaments also from CF. The quote font is Magestic Inline Grunge from Deeezy.com. 

dslucky600.jpg

As a Black cat owner I love everything about this layout Donna.  The quote is so perfect.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1