Quick-Page Workshop - April 2024

Cassel

2 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

My day 1 QP 2024   Dragonfly.  The alpha is actually named dragonfly.

MY DAY 1.pspimage  dragonfly 6.jpg

I have never studied them, I just know I love seeing all the large and small ones around the ponds, and even in the areas close to water. I have taken a bunch of photos of them over the years because I think they are so beautiful.

• Like 2

My first Quick Page has an image of the TSS Earnslaw on Lake Wakatipu, coming in to drop off passengers at Walter Peak Station,

across the lake from Queenstown, New Zealand.

.QP1_jeni_600x600_earnslaw.jpg.3e2ed23e182aeab4d871683b07df0358.jpg

My second Quick Page shows my friend, Joan, and me at Circular Quay, Sydney, Australia.

marisa-lerin_QP_600x600_Sydney_jeni.jpg.f54f5a8c6dc8a7e1eb5283e61d9efb8c.jpg

My Facebook Quick Page has a photograph of a tiny lighthouse in Coopers Creek, Otatara, Invercargill, New Zealand.

I found a tube of some flip flops, called jandals here, in New Zealand.

QP-FBTemplate-1_600x222_Otatara_jeni.jpg.23226fecfb150f2bd9eccf5ef6ddcc3b.jpg

Jeni

Edited by Jeni Simpson
text wasn't right on top line
  • Love 9

5 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

That is so interesting Sue.  I did not know they froze and thawed.  It's very interesting and so cool that you found them, especially the one amongst the leaves.  

My persistence  eventually  paid off. It was well worth it.  Even the one in the grass was  difficult to spot, in spite of the green blades of grass, there is a lot of dead grass, which enables them to blend in really well. 

• Like 1

This first Quick Page uses a photograph of a statue of a crocodile. This photo was taken at Gethsemene Gardens in Christchurch. Sadly, these garden are no longer.

Busy-QP2_crocodile_600x600_GethsemaneGardens_jeni.jpg.eba9cb527dba5c97d282963241a8c863.jpg

My next Quick Page shows a cruise ship docked in Circular Quay on Sydney Harbour, Australia.

marisa-lerin_143302_footsteps_600x600_Sydney_jeni.jpg.10ced11630776030a85cf17abba857c8.jpg

For the non-scrap page, I chose a photograph taken of my parents on the occasion of their engagement, probably in 1946.

QP2024_Engagement1946_429x600_jeni.jpg.48f293304fefff5c81de812481881245.jpg

Jeni

• Love 10

Day 2 Diamond Extra QP

I used the PencilSketch2 script on this little t-pot I have.  After the script, I chose to add the max gaussian blur(the the background layer) and then repeated over and over until it was basically a solid color yet still textured. I chose to not use the diagrams or the hatch as I wanted a clean, yet old-world look.  Then I used the the original photo as a layer above the sketch layer and reduced the opacity(of the photo layer) to bring the sketch layer through even to look like a sketch, but with help from the photo layer to make it more solid.  

Font is Humilde Regular from CF (probably).  side note on this font.  If I chose to use Bold on the top tool bar I would lose the descenders, instead I added a stroke in black and then, rasterize so I could use Paint Behind (blend mode) with the color of the QP background to make it more readable.  The quote is by Hector Hugh Munro and I have used this quote in my "rubber stamp" days.  

QP Day 2 T-Pot-600.jpg

• Love 9

@Ann Seeber Nice match of the colors on Logan's page.

@Sue Thomas It is ok to post as you clearly indicate that you created the page. Without that clarification, some participants might be wondering where that page was!

@Anja Pelzer Wow, you are busy working on all three projects. That is a good indication that it does not take long to complete!

@Susan Ewart That carousel photo couldn't be more perfect for that page! It is interesting how you created a background.

@Anne Lamp That dragonfly alpha looks great but it seems a little hard to read when it is small.

@Jeni Simpson I see that it didn't take much time to complete three projects!

@Bonnie Ballentine That is a very cool wordart/title about growing old. Where did you get that?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

@Sue Thomas It is ok to post as you clearly indicate that you created the page. Without that clarification, some participants might be wondering where that page was!

@Anja Pelzer Wow, you are busy working on all three projects. That is a good indication that it does not take long to complete!

@Susan Ewart That carousel photo couldn't be more perfect for that page! It is interesting how you created a background.

@Anne Lamp That dragonfly alpha looks great but it seems a little hard to read when it is small.

@Bonnie Ballentine That is a very cool wordart/title about growing old. Where did you get that?

Thank you!   I did make a point of clearly specifying that it was a layered quick page, from  an outside source from  Marisa Lenin scrapbooking I believe. I tend to rename my resources.  I have several of them. I wish I had  been using them sooner, as they are easy to edit,  colourize even delete unwanted layers. I'm able to complete a page within  around15 mins.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

A photo from Dan Mish featuring our beautiful Shawungunk Ridge, locally referred to as The Gunks. Lake Minnewaska is a well-known resort. The fonts are Dingo Nursery on the left and Eras Demi on the right.

LESSON 3-QP-WELCOME TO THE GUNKS.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
had to fix photo
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

Creative Fabrica

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anja Pelzer said:

here is my day 2

I forgot to notice the font

recolored and added a fish dingbat

large.Busy-QP2-anja-bsum-web.jpg.bd275275046d90e2d559f4200ca97b7a.jpg

Quickpage by Marisa Lerin

with a picture of my mom with her doll

font Blankenburg

large.marisa-l_143302_-quick-page-08_anja-silvia.jpg.c684c9f4051cd6c14356c21f0ab9764d.jpg

Any layout that uses an old photo is always something special to me. Love seeing them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ann Seeber said:

A photo from Dan Mish featuring our beautiful Shawungunk Ridge, locally referred to as The Gunks. Lake Minnewaska is a well-known resort. The fonts are Dingo Nursery on the left and Eras Demi on the right.

LESSON 3-QP-WELCOME TO THE GUNKS.jpg

The Gunks! That's a funny name. Great layout.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Julie, thank you! I just adjusted the photo so you can see more of the landscape. Check it out!

And what a breathtaking landscape it is. In my area, it's all flat and rural which  has its own beauty, but I long for something different sometimes.

• Love 1

Marisa Lerin layered quickpage: I like the layered quickpages because I can change the colors and graphics. I added a Zebra, dirt and fur texture; the stripes and the plaid are from Cass Stripes2 script; the photos are from my daughter. The fonts are from Creative Fabrica--Animal Kingdom and Butterfly--with a layer style and bevel applied.

dszooBeth600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

32 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

Marisa Lerin layered quickpage: I like the layered quickpages because I can change the colors and graphics. I added a Zebra, dirt and fur texture; the stripes and the plaid are from Cass Stripes2 script; the photos are from my daughter. The fonts are from Creative Fabrica--Animal Kingdom and Butterfly--with a layer style and bevel applied.

dszooBeth600.jpg

I have you to thank for starting the ball rolling on using layered quick pages.  Hence,  I thank you very much!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cassel said:

Thank you, Carole, I find once I am on a roll, I try to complete everything concerning that project. I also decided to enjoy all three, rather than do just one or two projects. I'm no longer doing scrapbooking, although did enjoy making various bits and pieces to make kits, etc years ago, it was for learning purposes, finding out what PaintShop Pro can do, more than anything. I have always loved to create.

• Like 3