What are you working on (in April 2024)?

Cassel

I was fairly "scrapbooky" on this one, yay! I thought a collage of spring scenes would qualify for the theme. I used paper and elements from Marisa Leren's Hello Spring kit in PS/DS. A label instead of another pic gave me a good place to put my text. The fonts are Spring and Sprightly Two.

large.FABDLSpringTogether!600.jpg.7d34ff4a42785953df8b2c8a410d96fc.jpg

• Love 11

22 hours ago, Doska St. said:

Hi Bina,

A journalist was lost because of you. Or do you work for a magazine? In any case, I'm pleased that you've invested such a long text in the German language and especially the dialect around Berlin😘. But what do you like about the boring houses and the prefabricated buildings for a private album? But everything is the typical Bina journal style 😁. But I like that you decorate sparingly and the photos get the main attention.👍

Doro 💗, how sweet of you to say. Thank you!  I had to translate this 'lost journo' part back and forth literally to get that it is a compliment. LOL These phrases and sayings don't really translate literally with the same meaning they might have in German. ....😄 I'm in a bit of esteemed company tho, writing about Storkow, did you know?

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

He's calling for Allan!  Allan!  Allan!  hahahahaha  google this: Funny talking animals: Alan!.. Alan!.. Steve! | Walk on the Wild Side - BBC  and you'll get it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPepCVepCg  Hopefully this link works.  You can also google Allan Allan Allan and you'll get just the Allan part.  

That was a good one! I loved the otter singing Copa Cabana.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Crossposting from Chit Chat-

I just cobbled together this layout using my template from the webinar's grid format.

Photos by (daughter) Laurey Keller of 2024 Total Eclipse, Matamoras, PA
SI-Star Gazer kit / Elements = Light (overlay 50% opacity) + Nebula-1 (Does anyone know who "SI" is?)
Font=Distant Galaxy Outline (which was an offering by Star Wars creator Lucasfilm) / White Sand gradient

ECLIPSE 04-08-2024_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 6

I see that Ann has posted a photo of  Great horned Owlets, taken by her friend.  This is a page I created  and posted back in the summer of 2019, showcasing one of  the two Owlets that I  documented and observed at a friend's hay barn not to far away.  The Owls have nested there for over 10 years.  Many of you won't have seen this page. 

Wild magazine cover GHOwl (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 11

11 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I see that Ann has posted a photo of  Great horned Owlets, taken by her friend.  This is a page I created  and posted back in the summer of 2019, showcasing one of  the two Owlets that I  documented and observed at a friend's hay barn not to far away.  The Owls have nested there for over 10 years.  Many of you won't have seen this page. 

@Sue Thomas Thanks for showing this layout again. So great!  These owls seem to have known for a while that they've hit it off big time in that barn.💗 And you and your friend as well with them owls. Good on ya! Such an awesome photo op at your residence. Brilliant. Does your friend have a camera installed? Birds in general are lovely subjects to photograph and some are not that hard to get in front of the lens with food. But owls? So rare. Congrats. Such great shots!!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2024 at 11:49 AM, Michele said:

I was fairly "scrapbooky" on this one, yay! I thought a collage of spring scenes would qualify for the theme. I used paper and elements from Marisa Leren's Hello Spring kit in PS/DS. A label instead of another pic gave me a good place to put my text. The fonts are Spring and Sprightly Two.

large.FABDLSpringTogether!600.jpg.7d34ff4a42785953df8b2c8a410d96fc.jpg

Lovely page, @MicheleI am interested in the title font. I found about 30 called Spring, lol. Do you have some info on it like where  it is from or who made it?

Edited by bina greene
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bina greene said:

@Sue Thomas Thanks for showing this layout again. So great!  These owls seem to have known for a while that they've hit it off big time in that barn.💗 And you and your friend as well with them owls. Good on ya! Such an awesome photo op at your residence. Brilliant. Does your friend have a camera installed? Birds in general are lovely subjects to photograph and some are not that hard to get in front of the lens with food. But owls? So rare. Congrats. Such great shots!!! 

Its my pleasure!  I have a pair of great horned Owls out in the trees, which I have showcased and posted on numerous occassions  They don't nest here, they come to dine most nights on the many  small mammals.  Asfor my friend, well she didn't know what species of owl they were until I educated her. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bina greene said:

Lovely page, @MicheleI am interested in the title font. I found about 30 called Spring, lol. Do you have some info on it like where  it is from or who made it?

Thank you, @bina greene. I had no idea where I got the font from. I did a bunch of googling and finally found it on FontSpace. It's by House of Lime and here is the link:
https://www.fontspace.com/spring-font-f14444

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

This is new to me.  I started at the campus in May 2020.  thank you for re-posting. it.  It's stunning!  I'm really quite blown away by it. And of Ann's friend's shot.  You magazines are so real, I've mentioned before, when I started I thought you were a photographer for a magazine...that what I told my husband.  BTW...my guess is that 'rump' is a gopher?  On my grandfathers farm they had guns set up to shoot them....how HORRIFYING!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was playing with screenshots from an Explore live cam.  Today's rainy sunrise and a pretty one from another day.  Used the blend mode to come up with this.  The Text is the freeby from C F It is called Pastels but has that drippy look.

sunrise wet today and overlay of nice one H I 4 11 24  6.jpg

• Like 4
  • WOW 1
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

This is new to me.  I started at the campus in May 2020.  thank you for re-posting. it.  It's stunning!  I'm really quite blown away by it. And of Ann's friend's shot.  You magazines are so real, I've mentioned before, when I started I thought you were a photographer for a magazine...that what I told my husband.  BTW...my guess is that 'rump' is a gopher?  On my grandfathers farm they had guns set up to shoot them....how HORRIFYING!  

Just as Susan I joined in April of May 2020 and haven't seen this particular layout in a magazine challenge. It is stunning, you know so much about nature and lucky for us you show those photos and educate us here as well!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Michele said:

Thank you, @bina greene. I had no idea where I got the font from. I did a bunch of googling and finally found it on FontSpace. It's by House of Lime and here is the link:
https://www.fontspace.com/spring-font-f14444

💗Oh thank you so much @Michele! So sweet of you!! I'd thought my googling was pretty solid, but I sure did not find it... so this is really great. I am hoping to use it on a poster for a friend and her flower arrangement classes. Can't wait to look at it up close. 💗

• Love 2

7 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Its my pleasure!  I have a pair of great horned Owls out in the trees, which I have showcased and posted on numerous occasions  They don't nest here, they come to dine most nights on the many  small mammals.  As for my friend, well she didn't know what species of owl they were until I educated her. 

😄Happy to piggy back on that education, lol! I wouldn't know either what species of owl I 'd be dealing with if that owl sat right in front of me on my desk. Really not good at owls but I know that there is a traditional owl nest nearby and I can also hear them woohoo sometimes at night 😉 I will have to look for some owl cam. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I remember it well. At the time I regarded your comment as the ultimate compliment, to be mistaken for a photographer for a magazine, and  magazine cover designer.  Well, like the majority of North Americans, you call them gophers, so yes, it's a Richardson's ground squirrel.  There are gophers,  like the pocket gopher, which has external cheek  pouches, for carrying food,  and bedding.  They are all rodents. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi all I was inspired by Cassel on the blending photos so I thought I would give it a go using the same photos as she used.

I tried playing around with different methods and this is what I came up with, one rectangle  and the other circle.

I couldn't find the what are you working on to post it there, sorry.

Blending Photos 600x400.jpg

blended photo 1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

17 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Flax flowers. Using adjustment layers. 

Flower adjstment layers.jpg

As a major consumer of flax seed I love this picture.  Even though my cousins in Sask grow it, I've only been there when the seed has just been planted.  Does is smell nice too?  I cant remember what they told me about it.

• Love 3

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

As a major consumer of flax seed I love this picture.  Even though my cousins in Sask grow it, I've only been there when the seed has just been planted.  Does is smell nice too?  I cant remember what they told me about it.

A sea of blue as seen through Nell's ears.  I ride the tramlines through the crops in the summer. You can just see the farm on the horizon.  Looking at the field it is rather dirty, with the invasive yellow sow thistle.   No the flowers don't give off  any perfume.  The flowers I showcased  is a macro shot  from my garden.  

Nell and Flax 2020.jpg

• Love 7

2 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

A sea of blue as seen through Nell's ears.  I ride the tramlines through the crops in the summer. You can just see the farm on the horizon.  Looking at the field it is rather dirty, with the invasive yellow sow thistle.   No the flowers don't give off  any perfume.  The flowers I showcased  is a macro shot  from my garden.  

Nell and Flax 2020.jpg

What a great view.  And wow, the farm is far away.  I know, angle of view from a wide angle lens.  That is such a pretty photo.  A sea of blue would be so peaceful.  I just want to touch Nell's ears, they look so soft.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1