Scrapbook Bootcamp - March 2024

Cassel

10 minutes ago, bina greene said:

@Cassel: Thank you for this WS and the fab videos!!!! 💕Yes, it is. Is it OK that way? My page is a spread tho. Would it rather have to be a square like 12x12 ? 

It is just so that I can identify which lessons were done. When they differ considerably, I am never sure if it was from the lesson or something else 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hey y'all, I'm here too....I'm just slow.

I have done Bootcamp a couple of times. It is always a good 'refresh' for me.

I will be using 2019. I like a medium gray workspace, and dark gray background.

I don't know what photos I will be using. I had some major surgery Feb 22. When I signed up for Bootcamp, I knew it would be during 'recovery time' for me, but I didn't realize how slow recovery would really be, and how limited I would be physically. I am seeing signs of spring out my window, so I may look for photos of spring to use.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

So this is my Project 2. I tried to recall what you taught us in the mask ws @Cassel. Supplies myself. I used eyecandy for the shadows, as always. Fonts are Sugared Lemons on my NEW poem and Rustic Pantry on title, Quicksand on gardening text. I put a gradient overlay on the left page to make  a book-ish look.

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

17 minutes ago, Cassel said:

It is just so that I can identify which lessons were done. When they differ considerably, I am never sure if it was from the lesson or something else 🙂

Thank you @Cassel. Should I redo the layout? Or is it ok?

16 minutes ago, Linda J Walker said:

I don't know what photos I will be using. I had some major surgery Feb 22. When I signed up for Bootcamp, I knew it would be during 'recovery time' for me, but I didn't realize how slow recovery would really be, and how limited I would be physically. I am seeing signs of spring out my window, so I may look for photos of spring to use.

Sending you some sunshine and healing vibes and wishing you all the best for your ongoing recovery! 💕

13 minutes ago, bina greene said:

Thank you @Cassel. Should I redo the layout? Or is it ok?

Just make sure that you clearly state what lesson you followed, and try to follow the "principles" or tips in each lesson just in a way that I can recognize it in your project. It will just make it easier.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Linda J Walker said:

Hi Linda - sending you healing vibes. Glad to see you made it here!

Day 5 - It's Spring Break, and my grandson's are indulging in one of their favorite sports--Snowboarding. David just sent me the photos. I made the background using casssnowtexture script with a modification to the color. The striped paper is from cassstripes2 script. The snowboards and the snowboard word art is from Canva. The font is Undercover Snow from Creative Fabrica.

dssnowboarding.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 4

@Cassel: Just to make sure, here is a second Project 0ne. Would not want to miss the entry... 💕Supplies myself and Jen Maddock, fonts are Qiara on title and Myriad Pro on my NEW haiku.

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

Project #2

I had a bit of a problem to get the right color for the background but in the end I settled for this dark color as a contrast for the others. The photos I have for this church are not great, they were done 16 years ago with a simple camera. So instead of my own I found a nice one on the internet to use. The clock and the flowers come both from digitalscrapbook.com and the background papers are by Marissa Lerin. Fonts are Berlin and Lucinda calligraphy.

large.Project2-600.jpg.171d2e1b07950a5dd1edca0654bcab90.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Never again will I sign up for a workshop scheduled for the week after DST! I have slept all week! 

My sandwich and project 1:

large.2024314BBBSandwich.jpg.3ed8b922edbd43785b8a2eaa02f63e06.jpg

large.2024315Day3Project1Daffs600.jpg.a8a1b5f903288108a9adac736292b4b7.jpg

My daffodils began blooming last week. A friend suggested I feed them which I did today. I have one bunch that volunteered in my yard. Last week I noticed some blooming in the woods so yesterday I marked them so I could dig them when the green died back and plant them in the yard for next Spring. Today I went to feed them also and found another 10 or more bunches than I had not marked. It's raining now but when the rain is gone, I have more marking to do...and I will have a bunch of digging to do later!

I created both papers for my daff page. Wordart, scatter and stickers are by Melo Vrijhof at Digital Scrapbooking.

Edited by Bonnie Ballentine
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

@Ann Seeber Great photo! I think you could add a large shadow on the flower to give it some dimension.

@MoniqueN.A subtle shadow tweak on the bow is a great touch! On your first page, I am still wondering if there is a vertical offset on the photo shadow.

@Linda J Walker Since you are already familiar with the Bootcamp, I am sure you will have time to catch up. But take it easy if your health is affecting your PSP work. Your health has priority! That is a great photo of a daffodil. That seems like a popular theme. You could probably add a larger shadow to the flower since it is likely thicker than the papers! 🙂

@bina greene Out of curiosity, why do you use Eye Candy for shadows when PSP has it right there?

@Donna Sillia That is quite an interesting font that you used for the title.

@Bill Pearson Did you try to post a photo? It is not showing.

@Corrie Kinkel That dark background really makes the photos stand out!

@Rodney Boyd I see some shadow on your top paper but you could add similar shadows on all the papers, the photo and even the title if you make it out of paper.

@Bonnie Ballentine Oh, I recognize that paper! That is the linoleum technique, right?

Let's keep them coming!

2 minutes ago, Cassel said:

@Ann Seeber Great photo! I think you could add a large shadow on the flower to give it some dimension.

@MoniqueN.A subtle shadow tweak on the bow is a great touch! On your first page, I am still wondering if there is a vertical offset on the photo shadow.

@Linda J Walker Since you are already familiar with the Bootcamp, I am sure you will have time to catch up. But take it easy if your health is affecting your PSP work. Your health has priority! That is a great photo of a daffodil. That seems like a popular theme. You could probably add a larger shadow to the flower since it is likely thicker than the papers! 🙂

@bina greene Out of curiosity, why do you use Eye Candy for shadows when PSP has it right there?

@Rodney Boyd I see some shadow on your top paper but you could add similar shadows on all the papers, the photo and even the title if you make it out of paper.

@Bonnie Ballentine Oh, I recognize that paper! That is the linoleum technique, right?

Let's keep them coming!

I had to use the jpg Optimizer to get my 600 pixel image small enough. I don't think I had to do that before? Or maybe I am mistaken!

5 minutes ago, Linda J Walker said:

I had to use the jpg Optimizer to get my 600 pixel image small enough. I don't think I had to do that before? Or maybe I am mistaken!

Once you resized to 600 pixels, the size of the jog might depend on a variety of factors. In recent PSP versions, the compression can be set when you Save as... but in older versions, you would need the optimizer to adjust it. Maybe you had previously used the Optimizer and set the compression lower for some reasons, and the next time you used the Save as... it just remembered that setting. Check next time if you have a correct filesize, if it remembers your recent setting.

• Like 1

@Cassel: PSP has what right there? The shadows? There are more options for shadowing with eyecandy. Plus the shades are only one feature. I use it to sharpen the image before uploading and add other final touches like beef up metals if there are any.

Edited by bina greene

50 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Let's keep them coming!

Yes, the linoleum technique.

17 minutes ago, bina greene said:

@Cassel: PSP has what right there? The shadows? There are more options for shadowing with eyecandy. Plus the shades are only one feature. I use it to sharpen the image before uploading and add other final touches like beef up metals if there are any.

Interesting. PSP has shadow and sharpen too. I will have to look at EyeCandy to see what it has. What version are you using? 

For the sharpen, you can find it under Adjust > Sharpness and there are different options. Have a look.

In my "Dinner For Two," I changed the color of the table to a gradient and invited my wife to join me.

We have two customized sandwiches mine has extra onions and no tomato and my wife's sandwich

has tomatoes but fewer pickles and onions to reflect our preferences. 

Dinner for Two.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3