Scrapbook Bootcamp - March 2024

Cassel

I like very simplistic layouts with my photo(s) to be the star of the show and that suited this project#1 very well. The papers, scatter and star are by Marissa Lerin (digitalscrapbook.com) and come from different kits. The postage stamp is done with my own script. The font is very aptly named Berlin, which I probably will use for this whole project and the other is Lucinda handwriting.

large.Project1-600.jpg.a955a373f9de40524a95a3feee9a4a2f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 10

I am so happy to still see new projects! I am still waiting for new faces! Don't be shy, post away.

@Barbara Caulton That is quite a lunch. I am glad you feel more comfortable with layers and PSP in general. I really hope that more people can find us as a reliable reference for PSP work!

@MoniqueN. so, you put your sandwich directly on the table? I guess that is how a sandwich can be eaten when you don't really need cutlery! Looking forward to your scrapbook projects now that you are familiar with the bootcamp

@Jen Brown Now that you know more about PSP, you can definitely make your own supplies if what you find does not suit you. May I suggest that you use a simpler font on a patterned paper? It would just make it easier to read. OR you can move it to a lighter area with less contrast. However, I only rely on the resized version of your page, so maybe on a full-size version, it is easy to read.

@Sue Booth Some people love a lot of stuff on their page, but I am like you: I want the photo and the story to shine and not have to fight with all the decorations. Did you add a shadow on your photo (or maybe the layer is hidden)? You resized the page to 400 pixels. You can resize to 600 pixels, which would let us see more of the details.

@Donna Sillia What app do you use to identify flowers?

@Corrie KinkelIs that a stamp you created with your script? 🙂

Keep them coming. If you have not finished your sandwich or your first project, don't worry. There will be an email tomorrow, but no tutorial so it will give you time to catch up.

I want to see you!

• Like 1

Day 3 project 1. This one had to be the puppies.!! There were 6 in the litter  but I liked this photo of the 3.They were a friends litter but I was lucky enough to have them at my house aged 3 weeks while she was on holiday for 6 days! Great fun producing this one as I have a bit more idea of what I am doing !! I used 2 background papers from Nit Wits and beveled them both. The graphics were also from the Nit Wits site. I made a circular selection from my background paper  and placed  it under  the photo layer for effect. Roll on the next one ! Will it be more puppies I wonder ???  

DAY 3 PROJECT PIPS PUPS   600 JPEG.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

With the scrap page, I used some pieces from Jessica Dunn's Curio Pantry.

I started with the word Roses much smaller and decided to enlarge that word to balance the page.

Jeni

roses_jeni_day3.jpg

Edited by Jeni Simpson
  • Like 4
  • Love 6

9 hours ago, Cassel said:

@MoniqueN. so, you put your sandwich directly on the table? I guess that is how a sandwich can be eaten when you don't really need cutlery! Looking forward to your scrapbook projects now that you are familiar with the bootcamp

@Jen Brown

Hahaha! Yeah, it seems so! Totally forgot the plate 🙂

10 hours ago, Cassel said:

I am so happy to still see new projects! I am still waiting for new faces! Don't be shy, post away.

@Barbara Caulton That is quite a lunch. I am glad you feel more comfortable with layers and PSP in general. I really hope that more people can find us as a reliable reference for PSP work!

@Jen Brown Now that you know more about PSP, you can definitely make your own supplies if what you find does not suit you. May I suggest that you use a simpler font on a patterned paper? It would just make it easier to read. OR you can move it to a lighter area with less contrast. However, I only rely on the resized version of your page, so maybe on a full-size version, it is easy to read.

@Sue Booth Some people love a lot of stuff on their page, but I am like you: I want the photo and the story to shine and not have to fight with all the decorations. Did you add a shadow on your photo (or maybe the layer is hidden)? You resized the page to 400 pixels. You can resize to 600 pixels, which would let us see more of the details.

Keep them coming. If you have not finished your sandwich or your first project, don't worry. There will be an email tomorrow, but no tutorial so it will give you time to catch up.

I want to see you!

On the iPhone, when you pull up a picture, there is an icon which gives you information about the photo. One of the things that shows is "Look Up" which gives you information on your flower or leaf.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeni Simpson said:

With the scrap page, I used some pieces from Jessica Dunn's Curio Pantry.

I started with the word Roses much smaller and decided to enlarge that word to balance the page.

Jeni

roses_jeni_day3.jpg

Love the way you made oyur text.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Cassel said:

I want to see you!

@Corrie Kinkel Yes the stamp is made with my own script!😊

• Like 1

spacer.png

Hello and many thanks for the vids so far @Cassel, they are all great!!! Hello @everyone. I have a lil gift for everyone: a free mini I made for a designer challenge at DS that is linked here.  Supplies myself. Fonts are Bodoni on my NEW poem and Pinky Funky on title. The photo is on a mask.

Edited by bina greene
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

53 minutes ago, bina greene said:

spacer.png

Hello and many thanks for the vids so far @Cassel, they are all great!!! Hello @everyone. I have a lil gift for everyone: a free mini I made for a designer challenge at DS that is linked here.  Supplies myself. Fonts are Bodoni on my NEW poem and Pinky Funky on title. The photo is on a mask.

Thank you, Bina!

• Thanks 1

I have had another play with this tutorial.

I have used a paper, and heart from VioletIrisovna, at Digital Scrapbooking.

I created the ribbon using the Penta Dot and Cross filter.

The photograph is one I took in 2020 when in Sydney.

Jeni

Luna_jeni_day3.jpg

Edited by Jeni Simpson
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

I am glad to see someone new post in our Bootcamp. Welcome to @Jeni Simpson

@Jeni Simpson You really balanced the words well. I think the title is great. I would suggest you adjust the shadows. On the title, it looks like the letters are hovering over the paper. I suspect the Blur value was quite high and the offset fairly small. 

@Barbara Caulton We will never get tired of puppies! Glad to hear that you feel more comfortable this time around.

@MoniqueN. Great photo of the windmills. 

@Ann SeeberLooking at your plate, it is like someone waved a magic wand over mine, and poof... it is now a realistic sandwich! 🙂 Did you use a different shape for the bevel?

@bina greene Just for information, was that your project 1 or something else? I am just asking because I keep track of the Bootcamp projects for the upcoming draw.

Are you all ready for the second project, tomorrow? If not, you can still catch up. Where are our silent participants?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

Day 3

Font is Chartz

Scrapkit is from lady22, an old one.(2019)

Date script form Carole

Photo is my own, taken in the neighbourhood of our home.

Dag 3-600.jpg

@Cassel The shadow on the green mat seems dark, almost like a double shadow. I checked but it isn't a double one. What do you think, is it a correct shadow, do I have to change the opacity maybe?

1 hour ago, MoniqueN. said:

The shadow on the green mat seems dark, almost like a double shadow. I checked but it isn't a double one. What do you think, is it a correct shadow, do I have to change the opacity maybe?

Did you use a different setting? As you said, it LOOKS like a double shadow. Did you add a reverse shadow? Maybe it was applied to the shadow and not the paper? Also, the shadow on the photo does not seem to have a vertical offset (at least, on the resized version, which might be different from the full-size one).

29 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Did you use a different setting? As you said, it LOOKS like a double shadow. Did you add a reverse shadow? Maybe it was applied to the shadow and not the paper? Also, the shadow on the photo does not seem to have a vertical offset (at least, on the resized version, which might be different from the full-size one).

I did use a reverse shadow..........maybe that's it, used on the shadow and not the paper. Will have a look! Thanks again!👍

The next Bootcamp layout features one of my favorite little birds. They visit when I'm out filling their feeders and impatiently scold me. Their voice is high-pitched and metallic sounding. They fly back and forth from trees across the street for one seed at a time, making them very busy, indeed. The title font is "itsadzokes01." The side font is "Before the Rainbow." The photo is by Joan Diamond. The cartoon birds are from Dreamstime. The wood flower is from the kit - cpjess-wildwood thicket. 

BOOTCAMP MAR 2024-CHICK-A-DEE-DEE-DEE_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

I did use a reverse shadow..........maybe that's it, used on the shadow and not the paper. Will have a look! Thanks again!👍

This is better (Shadow on the green mat)

Dag 3-600nieuw.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4