February RANDOM Challenge - Rainbow

Cassel

Random-Challenge.jpg

Here is a challenge to do something that might not be repeated in other months. Just an idea that popped like that (and you can also send me suggestions for occasional random challenges too).

This week, I want colors. I want you to create a project where various ELEMENTS will create a rainbow effect. You can have tons of buttons creating a rainbow sequence. You can use bits of ribbons. You can use scatters. You can use bits of papers. You can use brush strokes. It is not about showcasing an actual rainbow, or a rainbow gradient, but individual elements. Here are some examples.

Paper pieces in the different colors of the rainbow.

all-aboard-be-a-rainbow-layout-template-

Brush strokes in the different colors of the rainbow.

happy-times-layout-bff-school-selfie-gir

Colored effects on a photo

spacer.png

How will you display all the colors of the rainbow with a series of individual elements/papers?

(this challenge was actually presented in July 2022, but in the old forum, we have lost the images so you can resubmit the same ones if you want, or create a new one)

• Like 1
  • Love 4

OK this challenge got me playing with the kaleidoscope  using a a multi colored striped picture and then doing another kaleidoscope made from that saved paper.  Of course that got me playing with a bunch of other setting and having a blast.  Now back to work.

Image4 k2   3    4 from rainvow 4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I was playing with the Pencilscript 2 and some photos that I took this week in our local gardencenter where spring has arrived! Of course a pencil drawing doesn't have to be in black and I changed the pencil drawing that the script gave me in the 7 colors of the rainbow. Then I used the Lab template 13-5 to display them alongside the original photo. The font is Fadilla.

Random-rainbow-2024-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I was playing with the Pencilscript 2 and some photos that I took this week in our local gardencenter where spring has arrived! Of course a pencil drawing doesn't have to be in black and I changed the pencil drawing that the script gave me in the 7 colors of the rainbow. Then I used the Lab template 13-5 to display them alongside the original photo. The font is Fadilla.

Random-rainbow-2024-600.jpg

They look fabulous.  so much we can do with that script.  Those are perfect flowers for it too.

• Thanks 1

National Geographic says:

Rainbows are actually full circles. The antisolar point is the center of the circle. Viewers in aircraft can sometimes see these circular rainbows. Viewers on the ground can only see the light reflected by raindrops above the horizon.

If this is correct, there is no end.

1 hour ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

National Geographic says:

Rainbows are actually full circles. The antisolar point is the center of the circle. Viewers in aircraft can sometimes see these circular rainbows. Viewers on the ground can only see the light reflected by raindrops above the horizon.

If this is correct, there is no end.

Ack! where does the pot of gold go? hahahahaa.  Finding the pot IS my retirement plan.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 3

• Cassel unpinned this topic

I came across this collage template from Corel this morning. I recall it being offered in the past but this time I snagged it to showcase this rainbow waterfall photo from my Hudson Valley in Pictures gallery group by Bruce Edwards from last week. Photo taken off-trail in Woodstock, NY. I played with the layout by centering the original photo to show through the four center openings and then clipping pieces off the leftover photo parts to fill the four corner spots. Definitely "rainbow-ish." I'll post this in our What are you doing in March? thread, also.

FEB RAINBOW_600.jpg

• Love 6