Newsletter chitchat - December 19, 2023

Cassel

5 hours ago, Cassel said:

Do you have pictures taken with Santa?

Do you attend non-family-related parties during the holidays?

Let's chitchat.

Hi Carole,

yes, years ago I had a photo taken with a department store Santa Claus, but I can't find the photo at the moment. But I wanted to ask you if I could scrape your sweet Santa Claus photo with your husband and give it to you (I won't make it public, I'll leave that up to you to decide)?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doska St. said:

yes, years ago I had a photo taken with a department store Santa Claus, but I can't find the photo at the moment. But I wanted to ask you if I could scrape your sweet Santa Claus photo with your husband and give it to you (I won't make it public, I'll leave that up to you to decide)?

Oh, that would be nice. Let me send you the full-size file though so it would be a better quality.

Thanks 🙂

On 12/20/2023 at 1:38 PM, Cassel said:

Oh, that would be nice. Let me send you the full-size file though so it would be a better quality.

Thanks 🙂

Thank you Carole for your trust,

I'll get to it after the holidays. We work here in DIN A 4 (3500x2500px photo paper ) or would you like it in 3600x3600px? I will then send it to you as a zip file.

I have no pictures of me and Santa, nor even from when I was a child (a long time ago now). I go swimming every week at our local pool and the class I attent is called Fifty Fit! Actually they should call it Sixty Five Fit but most of us are not working anymore, so really seniors! Every year after class we have  Christmas lunch in the cafetaria that is there too and it is nicely decorated in this time of the year. Had I known that this topic would come up, I had taken some pictures but alas no pictures. Maybe I'll take some with our next Easter lunch. The rest of the time we drink a cup of coffee with a small group, not everyone does that. 

4 hours ago, fiona cook said:

No pictures of Santa but just wanted to thank you Carole for your Christmas Countdown and I am still laughing at the actors doing the twelve days of Christmas. Brilliant. 

Yeah, I also thought it was hilarious!

• Like 1

As a child with 8 siblings, I don't recall having visits with Santa so it's a special treat to get to share

that special occasions with grandchildren.  This morning Santa patiently waited for us to bravely get

closer to get our picture taken.  

image.jpeg

• Love 4

I have no photos from my childhood of me with Santa.

But I do have one when I was in my late 30's. My parents would go to Florida for 5 months so I would go to them for the holidays. Their trailer park had a Christmas party for the residents that wanted to attend. A gentleman in the park played Santa elsewhere so was willing to dress up for this party as well. His wife dressed up as Mrs. Santa. They let the party goers take pictures with Santa. I have a photo of Dad on Mrs. Santa's lap and he is kissing her on her cheek. Then there is a picture of me on Santa's lap hugging him. Same for Mom.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

Thank you, Carole and Sue for the Christmas countdown. It was fun every day 🙂

It was my pleasure, also thank you Carole for allowing me to contribute  to the countdown again this year. As usual it was a great success. 

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

OK, I am looking for the last day of the countdown, but the green banner is no longer on the page. What did I miss?

I want to say thanks to Carole and Sue T for the lovely surprises and fun things over all these days.

I clicked on the 25 and a word art of Merry Christmas in many languages popped up.

• Thanks 1

Julie I had the same problem, no banner anymore but if you go to the calendar you still can see it and can click on the 25. There is a wordart saying Merry Christmas in many different languages and there is a time set when this countdown ends. I probably was too late checking in, but we were away for the day and just got home.

Carole and Sue thank you very much for this wonderful Christmas Countdown, it was something to look forward too every day!

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
  • Thanks 1