November Theme Challenge - FAST FOOD

Cassel

Theme-FastFood

The theme for November is FAST FOOD. Some people love it, some people hate it, yet everyone probably has some, at times. Fast food does not HAVE to be bad food (although we know it is typically less healthy). Do you have some favorite fast food? How about some healthy ones?

And if you want some fries with that, why not grab the alphabet on the blog post?

Let's go!

Post your project in the gallery.

I don't know if I am in the  minority today, probably  not so much as  I was a decade or so ago.  I have never ever had a Burger King meal.  Admittedly when McDonalds appeared on the scene in the UK in 1974 in England.  I tried my first McDonalds  in 1983, the year my daughter was born. It was a while before McDonalds came to Wales.  Several years passed before I  bought the next McDonalds. I can count on one hand how many I have bought, as a treat for my children.   I haven't had a McDonalds or similar fast food  in over 25yrs. I'm not a fan of traditional French fires, (thin strips) I favour proper chips,  fat strips of  fluffy potatoes deep fired, with salt and  vinegar (has to  be malt vinegar).  Preferably my own.   Admittedly, on occasion I enjoy a Tim Hortons chicken noodle soup or broccoli and bacon soup with a blueberry fritter. Supplying my own beverage of water.  

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3

Sue I'm with you on this topic. My husband and I have only be to a McDonalds when our, at that point, young children insisted we had to go there. It was once, although nowadays we have a McDonalds in our village we have never been there. The only other time when I was in Switzerland visiting my daughter we had a quick salad  and that's it. I do like fries but not with vinegar, here we eat them with mayonaise or tomato ketchup. Mayo for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Cassel said:

I have a weakness for the McDonald's fries (and I add vinegar, not ketchup).

I prefer my own cooked potatoes- the next day- cut in slices with a little bit of cornstarch (for an extra crispy result)  and then baked in butter. My husband prefers peanut sauce me mayo.

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Sue I'm with you on this topic. My husband and I have only be to a McDonalds when our, at that point, young children insisted we had to go there. It was once, although nowadays we have a McDonalds in our village we have never been there. The only other time when I was in Switzerland visiting my daughter we had a quick salad  and that's it. I do like fries but not with vinegar, here we eat them with mayonaise or tomato ketchup. Mayo for me.

I thought I was the only one to dip my fries in mayo!

• Like 4

Fast food is something we seldom have... But when we travel by car, we always have breakfast at McDonald's, usually two hours after leaving home... It started to avoid traffic on the highways and became a tradition... When my niece and family come here, and we travel together, we do this, and they like it too... It's also something they usually don't do.

We used to have the Sausage McMuffin, and, who knows why, for a few years, they don't offer this here anymore. 😞 

Although it is not something we usually do, the first kit I bought (even before knowing Carole) was a Fast Food kit from KAagard that was offered 50% off at The Lilypad... I was just starting to get familiar with scrapbooking.

KAagard FastFood_Kit.jpg

• Like 5

I started working in the relatively new McDonald's in my town during my senior year of high school. I got the job because I was 18 and could work past 10 p.m. to do the closing chores needed. I worked all summer before heading off to college. When I came home for Thanksgiving, I stopped in to ask if I could work during the break between semesters and they said yes so I worked during those 4 weeks over Christmas/New Year's. At that time they told me that I would be welcome to work there the following summer if I wanted. So I did. So my job during my early college years was McDonald's.

The funniest story though is that my dad absolutely loved their "fresh" French fries. He was under the impression that they cut fresh potatoes every day for their fries. Boy did I burst that bubble when I told him they were frozen! He still loved them.

I quit eating fast food about 15 years ago unless I am traveling. For me it was for budgetary reasons... fast food was expensive even then.

Here is a layout I did 9 years ago about the store I worked in. The owners were building a new store next door to the old one. The store I worked in was torn down and is now parking for the new store. One of the owners was an employee at this store when I worked there in the mid-1970's. She worked her way into management and after getting married to another manager, they set their goals of owning their own store. Last I heard, they own 3 or 4 in the area. 

2014 McDonalds.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I started working in the relatively new McDonald's in my town during my senior year of high school. I got the job because I was 18 and could work past 10 p.m. to do the closing chores needed. I worked all summer before heading off to college. When I came home for Thanksgiving, I stopped in to ask if I could work during the break between semesters and they said yes so I worked during those 4 weeks over Christmas/New Year's. At that time they told me that I would be welcome to work there the following summer if I wanted. So I did. So my job during my early college years was McDonald's.

The funniest story though is that my dad absolutely loved their "fresh" French fries. He was under the impression that they cut fresh potatoes every day for their fries. Boy did I burst that bubble when I told him they were frozen! He still loved them.

I quit eating fast food about 15 years ago unless I am traveling. For me it was for budgetary reasons... fast food was expensive even then.

Here is a layout I did 9 years ago about the store I worked in. The owners were building a new store next door to the old one. The store I worked in was torn down and is now parking for the new store. One of the owners was an employee at this store when I worked there in the mid-1970's. She worked her way into management and after getting married to another manager, they set their goals of owning their own store. Last I heard, they own 3 or 4 in the area. 

2014 McDonalds.jpg

I wish I had photos to prove it, but the local Burger King did the same thing. They built a brand-new store next door to the old and tore down the old for parking. 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I wish I had photos to prove it, but the local Burger King did the same thing. They built a brand-new store next door to the old and tore down the old for parking. 

I remember they did that with the Tim Horton in town. The restaurant had a small parking lot in the front and the built the "new" one behind. When they tore down the old one, it made way for a large parking.

6 hours ago, Cristina said:

Although it is not something we usually do, the first kit I bought (even before knowing Carole) was a Fast Food kit from KAagard that was offered 50% off at The Lilypad... I was just starting to get familiar with scrapbooking.

I searched at the Lilypad, and now she has an addon to the kit, also very cute

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

The new McDonald's was built on a property that at one time had originally been a Ponderosa restaurant. When Ponderosa closed, it opened as a different non-chain restaurant that eventually closed as well. Then the building was torn down due to structural issues and the lot was empty so McDonald's snatched it up to build the new building that had 2 drive-through windows. The main reason I took the photos was because I had worked there! The Ponderosa building didn't mean anything to me so I never documented it.

Ironically, the new McDonald's was built in 2014 and I have never been in it or even used the drive-through to get food!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anja Pelzer said:

I had fun today playing with some scripts from Carole. I made tablecloth with frays, used the Sandwich plate with the stonescript

build a room and a table,

large.agp-fastfood-anja-600.jpg.08c186ac68134c1468fa52dbf151d1af.jpg

Clever layout!  Well done!

11 hours ago, Michele said:

I thought I was the only one to dip my fries in mayo!

I add  a little mayo to jacket potatoes, with lashings of butter.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Cassel pinned this topic

When I think of Fast Food, my mind automatically goes to Hamburgers and Fries. Although we don't care for McDonald's, I do love a good burger! Our favorite burger place is Huey's! I created my own papers and used elements from Pixel Scrapper. The heart was from Rebecca's Kit: Enamel Heart, and the button was from Avivia Elements Button 2. The word strips came from Food Day Pizza Word Strips. 

fast  food 600.jpg

Edited by laurie solaas
I made a typing error.
  • Like 4
  • Love 2