October Theme Challenge - HALLOWEEN

Cassel

Theme-Coffee

The theme for October is HALLOWEEN, which is a pretty popular day around most of the world. Adults and children can get into this fun time with activities and decorations. Show us some projects related to Halloween, whether it is about costumes, outings, games, or decorations.

Let's go!

Post your project in the gallery.

• Cassel pinned this topic

Today I was visiting a garden center, a very big one and they had already opened their yearly Christmas show. There are always many displays of different winter scenes with little villages, snow scenes etc. Among them were a couple of Halloween scenes that I took photos of. So the background of my layout is my photo with a cobweb overlay, some ghost tubes, the freebie for this theme, and 2 skulls. I didn't change the colors of my photo because I think it came out nicely; the cobweb was white and that was a bit too white so I made it a bit darker with the saturation and lightness. 

Halloween-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Halloween is something I don't celebrate.  It's not new to the British.  All hallow's Eve comes from many Pagan traditions. Introduced in to America by the Scots and and the Irish, who then  commercialized.

I used a photo of a Welsh Church and churchyard, used effects photo effects time machine, added the cats and lady, added glow to them. Bats and a moon.

halloween church yard callenge.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 6

Did this one back in 2016 after watching a Corel tutorial. (It was before the wonderful Spooky master classes that Cassel offers.) I changed it up a bit in 2021. Corel even gave me props on the original! I was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning.

Haunted House 600.jpg

The Haunted 600.jpg

Haunted House Corel 600.jpg

Edited by Michele
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

4 hours ago, Michele said:

Did this one back in 2016 after watching a Corel tutorial. (It was before the wonderful Spooky master classes that Cassel offers.) I changed it up a bit in 2021. Corel even gave me props on the original! I was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning.

Haunted House 600.jpg

The Haunted 600.jpg

Haunted House Corel 600.jpg

I checked out that tutorial which looks like fun. I really like your version. How cool that you got mentioned!

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

An attempt at mixing Virtual Reality Modeling with Paint Shop Pro 2023 Ultra.

Entering an unknown tomb, deep within the Valley of the Kings, we first discover Anibas guarding the hall to the room of judgement.

We tiptoe past him into another hall and see Maat watching the scales of judgement.  Suddenly, The Mummy steps in our way,

Of  course this is when I fainted dead away!!!

TheMummy.jpg

Edited by Dorothy Donn
typo
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

33 minutes ago, kasany said:

Zaduszki, it's not Halloween. It's pretty different activity, Carole made letters, template/frame. I added automn leaves ans fire wich is always visible during our acivity on a cementery.

ZADUDZKI.jpg

Admiring your creation and curious about "Zaduszki," I looked it up. We used to spend a lot of time in the Polish/German community in Pine Island, NY, among the onion fields. Mostly we played "German Pinochle" and learned Easter traditions from an elder there. We had to bite the horseradish! I came up with this website that schooled me in Zaduszki, which now reminds me of the Mexican Day of the Dead, celebrated with sugar skulls. I think it's true the traditions honoring the dead are more meaningful than the silly Halloween craziness lately. One of the top TV shows has been about zombies. Not my cup of tea! 

• Like 1

I am really enjoying my Creative Fabrica membership. The house and the black pumpkin was generated with CF Spark Crystalline, The witch and the pumpkins with witch hats are from deeezy.com. The moon is from a Hawksmoor brush, and the spider webs are from Janet Kemp. The dead tree, the bats, the spiders and the witch on a broom are preset shapes converted from a Halloween font called Groovy Night dingbats from Creative Fabrica. The title is a font called Ghost Party, also from Creative Fabrica. The Ghost Rider is a photo of my grandson made up for Halloween. The fence is a tube. 

dshalloween600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 4

13 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I am really enjoying my Creative Fabrica membership. The house and the black pumpkin was generated with CF Spark Crystalline, The witch and the pumpkins with witch hats are from deeezy.com. The moon is from a Hawksmoor brush, and the spider webs are from Janet Kemp. The dead tree, the bats, the spiders and the witch on a broom are preset shapes converted from a Halloween font called Groovy Night dingbats from Creative Fabrica. The title is a font called Ghost Party, also from Creative Fabrica. The Ghost Rider is a photo of my grandson made up for Halloween. The fence is a tube. 

dshalloween600.jpg

I love my CF subscription, too. What a fun project you created! I love how you integrated so many different things into it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Admiring your creation and curious about "Zaduszki," I looked it up. We used to spend a lot of time in the Polish/German community in Pine Island, NY, among the onion fields. Mostly we played "German Pinochle" and learned Easter traditions from an elder there. We had to bite the horseradish! I came up with this website that schooled me in Zaduszki, which now reminds me of the Mexican Day of the Dead, celebrated with sugar skulls. I think it's true the traditions honoring the dead are more meaningful than the silly Halloween craziness lately. One of the top TV shows has been about zombies. Not my cup of tea! 

Ann Seeber, glad you like my ZADUSZKI-work: ) I've been with enormous interested the site you mentioned about many Polish aspects. Thank you for it.

• Love 1

I found this kit on Gingersnaps and couldn't resist using it with a Halloween theme for the Bootcamp. Meet the Creepy Family that's coming for Halloween! Everything on the layout came from that one kit, called ID-Face in the Photograph. The kit has 11 folders filled with embellishments and 3 of papers but none of the extras like alphas or journal cards. The papers are a little odd as they are divided into texture, outdoor and indoor shots. There is very little color in this kit. The font for the title is Before the Rainbow enhanced by the Ripple Distortion Effect.

2023 BOOTCAMP DAY 9 LESSON 4-CREEPY FAMILY FOR HALLOWEEN_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 2
  • Love 2

I have been playing and having a go at making cut out corner brushes. Not easy or quick to do so all credit to Carole who does all the hard work of making some for purchase. I would love it if Carole made a script to make creations easier. Anyhow, I used some images from Creative Fabrica to make the corner brush and the word clipart. Hope all that celebrate Halloween have a fun day.

SGH-Halloween-30-10-2023.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

• Cassel unpinned this topic