What are you working on in September (2023)?

Cassel

45 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

I am definitely not an artist, but I wanted to try to make a Teddy Bear. Starting with vector shapes to which I applied plush using the cass plush script, I used a lot of what I have learned about shading. The paws are tubes which I modified. I used a vector to trace the ear of a teddy that I downloaded using AI and the script to merge and cut out the inner shape. The background is from the Masterclass on Pop ups that I never completely finished. The tree is from Digital Scrapbook, and I'm not sure where I got the presents. All the other shapes--head, body, legs and arms were made from vectors.

dsChristmasteddy.jpg

You nailed it. I'd call that pretty artistic. Good job Donna.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I've commented on this (it's beautiful), now I want to thank you for posting all the pages.  I can now shoot for the photo types (landscape, portrait etc).  

The templates will be easily customizable. In fact, what Ann used was a customized version of most of the pages!

Poppy does not like snow...ever!

Template # 198 by Bourico Casper, AKA, Lady 22.

Fonts: Meows, Palace Script MT, Christmas Snow Bold

Swash 007 by A Janner, Snowdays at Digital Scrapbook

Hearts on a string by Marisa Lerin, brush #03, Winter Plaid Kit at Digital Scrapbook

Snowflake by Gina Jones, Winter Elements, Snowflake 02 at Digital Scrapbook

2012 1 9 I Don't Like It Template 198 de lady22 600.jpg

• Love 9

I've been working on Lab 12 Mod 9 so I decided to use the included template for today's daily look. The "people" are characters from the game and the font is PLAYFULL CARTOON. (It's from a Mega Collection Font Bundle from Creative Fabrica. There are 86 fonts in the bundle and it's still available for $3.00.) The brick wall texture, included with PSP, came in handy.

large.FABDLImprovShowNight!600.jpg.a908076c8412a9b8537b8d809a08c16f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

On 9/14/2023 at 3:26 PM, Susan Ewart said:

I went through this (not as bad as Carole) when I made a product for the rubber stamp community.  I had a commerical order from a stamp maker and she used solvent to clean the product I made which caused cracking of the product.  When she informed me i asked her to give me a couple hours as I was going to go the the raw material supplier to see why this was happening, which turned out be the solvent (they were 45 min drive away).  By the time I went there, had the meeting and got back home she has smeared me and my product all over the craft forums (I never saw it as I didnt follow them but was informed by a friend who did).  So I sent out a return for refund letter to every client, and only this one client took the refund.  Luckily, most sent me nice emails that they were happy with the product and were keeping it.  I stopped production and that very client asked me: "So, can I make an order?".  It was a relief to get rid of that, as it was labour intensive and took me away from my main source or income (silversmithing and glass art).  Social media wasnt as big as it is now, what Carole went through was horrible.  Especially the one who took credit for someone else's work.  Strong nerves and the ability to keep calm.  I think if I had looked at the forums where my client was bashing me, I would have acted in a bad way.  I wanted to remain as professional as possible.  Not always easy as it's a very personal attack.

What a horrible experience, too, Susan!   It's even worse because we are not used to this kind of behavior.   As you said, strong nerves and the ability to keep calm like an angel! ?

• Like 1

Pages 13 and 14.  We have arrived in Belle Fourche, SD and visited Aunt Mary Lou.  It is Friday.  Tomorrow we will go to the Badlands.  Sunday is the picnic in the city park with as many of the extended Solaas family who can come.  Made 2 flare buttons for this layout.  Also, did a postcard and stamp as that is part of the workshop.  Always fun to do.

2023 Travel Challenge, pages 13-14_1000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

I have created some memories for a relative using the masking procedure that I learnt from the magazine workshop.  I was happy to learn more about the masks as I have always struggled with them.  Helen is having a birthday, and I thought she would like these memories of a 6oth birthday, a win at the dart competition, and her precious old dog who passed a couple of months ago.

Image1.jpg 600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Thought I'd also post my Sketch Challenge here to introduce my new great grandson, Raja Blue Lennox, little brother to Magic. He was born at home on Aug 31, and it took the parents a week to come up with a name. ? I think he weighed in at nearly 9 lbs. Daddy Will introduced him with a musical rendition of the opening to The Lion King, so I went with the theme and used a Lion King poster in the background, mirrored and screened in each of the 9 squares. The mat behind them has a wood grain pattern. The crown brads are from Janet Kemp. The title font is Broadway, treated to a Copper gradient and a Chrome Reflection gradient. The little word art top left is from Marisa Lerin. I tried out PSP's One Step Photo Fix and was impressed with the results. I think it is improved in PSP 2023.

WELCOME BABY RAJA BLUE LENNOX_600.jpg

• Love 6

My project started many years ago but I finished it in Sept of 2023. It is a series of pictures to hang in the family room. It is a series of six pictures all 11x17 inches the biggest size my printer will print.It is printed on glossy photo paper.

All of the picture gathering and editing was done using Paintshop Pro Ultimate 2023.

It is composed of many family photo's gather for many years. The F in Family are pictures of my mother and father-in-law. The A is my mother and father. The M is my wife and our family. We had 3 children so it worked out just fine. The I is our son, the L is our oldest daughter and her family, and last but not least the Y is our youngest child and her family.

I posted a larger picture of just the F and A.

I have used Corel software (Paintshop and Video Studio) for close to 20 years and I'm still learning new things about how it works. Maybe one day I might open the instructions.

resize.jpg

FA.jpg

• Love 9

39 minutes ago, Phil Kettmann said:

My project started many years ago but I finished it in Sept of 2023. It is a series of pictures to hang in the family room. It is a series of six pictures all 11x17 inches the biggest size my printer will print.It is printed on glossy photo paper.

All of the picture gathering and editing was done using Paintshop Pro Ultimate 2023.

It is composed of many family photo's gather for many years. The F in Family are pictures of my mother and father-in-law. The A is my mother and father. The M is my wife and our family. We had 3 children so it worked out just fine. The I is our son, the L is our oldest daughter and her family, and last but not least the Y is our youngest child and her family.

I have used Corel software (Paintshop and Video Studio) for close to 20 years and I'm still learning new things about how it works. Maybe one day I might open the instructions.

resize.jpg

FA.jpg

What a very nice presentation, Phil. You are giving me ideas! Oh, and welcome to the Campus. Hope to see more of your work. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Phil Kettmann said:

resize.jpg

FA.jpg

Labour of love, that is! Well done Phil.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I'm coming to the end of my Xmas card making for 2023.  Here I used one of the templates from the greeting card workshop.  Using the watercolour technique on the  photo. 

5x7 ecard  Xmas.jpg

Christmas cards? And you're finished with them? What a wonder worker! I'm not even sure what I'm having to eat later....?

• Haha 4