Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

Lesson 2 

same locations as lesson 1.  Fun times walking all over the rock formations.  I think you have really interesting rock formations where you live Carole.  They seem bigger, or older or something like that.  I didnt change the QP at all on this one.  

QP Lesson 2- Ocean waves-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 8

Quick Page Xtra - Lesson two

I did so much stuff to get to this color (for the Quick Page) that I wouldnt be able to replicate it.  I just tried different tools to make changes and went back and forth to see where it would go and ended up here where I liked it. I did duplicate the QP and added a blend mode and ended up with a nicer blue than I had and a whiter white on the one paper.  I tried to use the see-through-letter technique which I used recently with no problem.   today the outline misaligned everytime.  I ended up getting it to work a different way so I could add a bevel to the outline.  I've done it several times with no issues, but tonight I must be missing something.  Photo is from the same beach as the other quick pages.

Font is Amnestia Normal (Creative Fabrica)

QP-Extra2- color Legacy-Sunset-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • WOW 1
  • Love 11

QP Non-Scrap Lesson 2

I didnt have any people to congratulate, so I put a floral shot instead.  One could say it's congratulations to getting through all it's stages of life and sending it's babies out to the world before the lawn mower got to it.  

QP-Non-Scrap-2-dandelion fam-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 6

I realised, I never participated at this workshop before. So to see what it is, I signed in yesterday. I wonder about the QP Extra Lesson. It isn't in my zip file. Day one here before I go to work. The photo found on Unsplash. 

Day 1-w.jpg

QP-FBTemplate-1-1-w.jpg

Edited by libera
  • Like 4
  • Love 9

4 hours ago, Cassel said:

I have no idea what is happening to my posts. This is the THIRD time I am posting the same thing! Sorry for the delay. I hope it will work this time!

Wow, Carole, something must be up with the platform. Every time you send out a new lesson, I get double emails! ?

For my Lesson 3 I made two versions as I discovered by accident that I liked the one rose image covered by the three frames. Following Susan's idea previously to change colours, I used the Colour Changer fill tool on the background to match one of the pink colours in the rose. (I notice it has coloured the frames as well!)

Lesson3.jpg

Lesson3-single rose.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 9

This lesson was absolutely not done in just 5 minutes. Looking for three photos and making them fit was a lot of scaling and cutting necessary. ?

The first photo is from my granddaughter Nika, the happiest child in the world as long as her mom is around.

Iv made a shadow of her name and used the shade on the top, as there is a lot of space extra. 

The second photo was just a photo of a sand beach and sea. So dull in my opinion.

So I placed a little boat in the sea and some beach attributes in the sand.

The chair is empty as the person is gone to the party. 

ps_marisa-lerin_113958_quick-pages-kit-44b_cu.jpg

QP-Extra3-1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

I have replaced the zip file with the correct one. I guess you can still use that for a collage! ?

Carole, the only thing able to download on the original paper is the collage.  Can you send us to FB header as a separate post or email?

5 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Carole, the only thing able to download on the original paper is the collage.  Can you send us to FB header as a separate post or email?

That is strange. I checked and the file should be a tiny size. Try this.

I have had the same trouble as Mary with downloading the Facebook header template but I have been inspired by kasany and the collage. We visited RHS Rosemoor garden in Devon, England, last winter when there was a 'Glow' event. All the trees and ponds were lit up. I took lots of photos and was wondering how to create something from them. Here's the result today. It took much more than 5 minutes but I used the point to point Selection tool and inverted the selection to delete the excess as an alternative to the eraser tool in this case.

Collage-Glow.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 6