Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

21 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

And this is the extra - I've been having fun as you can see.  May post the stuff I did with these AI patterns in PSP later - just having fun!!!

QP Non-Scrap-6 2023_600.jpg

Wow, these are cool.  And this is with PSP and not another program?  It's hard to pick a favorite, I love them all.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Thanks 1

And now here is QP 7.  Hard to fit those heads in the spaces.  I had to take out part of the flower and clip in order to fit in Emma's head.  All were taken from the same photograph.  We were in Garibaldi's and the picture behind which covers all of the top layer is one that fascinates me at Garibaldi's - it was behind us in the group picture - it is a metallic take on the Memphis scene taken from across the Mississippi in Arkansas.

QP 7 2023_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

51 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

And now here is QP 7.  Hard to fit those heads in the spaces.  I had to take out part of the flower and clip in order to fit in Emma's head.  All were taken from the same photograph.  We were in Garibaldi's and the picture behind which covers all of the top layer is one that fascinates me at Garibaldi's - it was behind us in the group picture - it is a metallic take on the Memphis scene taken from across the Mississippi in Arkansas.

QP 7 2023_600.jpg

What a great way to use this layout.  I LOVE that graphic on the top layer.  Wish I cold see it bigger.  Textural stuff like that is so fun to photograph (and see).

Where I come from (my home province, not the one i'm in now), Garibaldi is a mountain; skiing in the winter, hiking and camping in the summer.  So I was thinking, when did you come to Canada?

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Susan, the AI program is CF Spark (Creative Fabrica) - just type in words and out comes "art?"

I think me and their AI dont speak the same language.  I have tried and all I get is hideous stuff that isnt anywhere near what I "thought" I described.  It's same as when you contact a company and they use a AI help "person".  You ask a simple question, how do I find my monthly invoice, and it sends me to look at how to hook up my new streaming box (that I didnt order, cause I already have one).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

QP-7 - Our drive-thru safari. This layout was good for all the animals that were around and almost inside our car! The font is Brush Script and the ostrich head came from PNGALL. I scanned a flyer from The Preserve for the details and map on top. I will also post this in Facebook and in the comments post the little, very funny video that Jackie did from the front seat to the back and you'll see what I mean about the animals almost "in" the car. ?

THE PRESERVE-SAFARI_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, Gerry Landreth said:

Susan put a song in my head with her layout. All of the clipart is from Pixabay.

GNL-QP-Extra6-600.jpg

Gerry - I loved that movie and that song.  When will they write songs like that again?  Did you and your sister play this on the piano????  This layout is really COOL!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

QP-7 - Our drive-thru safari. This layout was good for all the animals that were around and almost inside our car! The font is Brush Script and the ostrich head came from PNGALL. I scanned a flyer from The Preserve for the details and map on top. I will also post this in Facebook and in the comments post the little, very funny video that Jackie did from the front seat to the back and you'll see what I mean about the animals almost "in" the car. ?

Like our Safari in Tennessee - the animals want to come in and enjoy the eats you have in the car.  We had to keep our windows rolled up and they licked the windows!! - love how you did your layout.  Look at that ostrich !!

Susan, I'll try to post another AI I made with CF Spark and what I did with them in PSP.  So much fun - playing with them in PSP is a lot of fun.  I still have one I made when I first found cF Spark but have not played with in PSP.  Not sure what I want to do with it.  Any way these are the latest ones and what I did with them in PSP. - too large - will have to post my PSP patterns in the next post.

CF Spark by MLS - blue abstract-7-pattern_200.jpg

CF Spark by MLS - cornucopia rose_600.jpg

• WOW 2
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Like our Safari in Tennessee - the animals want to come in and enjoy the eats you have in the car.  We had to keep our windows rolled up and they licked the windows!! - love how you did your layout.  Look at that ostrich !!

That's about how the ostrich at the safari looked!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2023 at 7:00 PM, fiona cook said:

Caught up on the days and this is my Lesson7 which comprises photos of street art a friend took in New Zealand and some of mine from the UK. Font is Harabara Hand. Picture tube is called Art Group.

QP-Lesson7.jpg

Really cool idea with Street Art!!

7 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Day 6.  The quick page extra always puzzled me as to what to do with it.  Guess I'm in a melancoly (can't spell it) phase, but Starry Starry Night just popped in my head when looking at it.  So here goes.  

QP 6 2023_600.jpg

QP Extra 6 2023_600.jpg

I love this song, I listen to it on YouTube, very often, again and again,  most of the time before I go to bed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

QP 7 2023_600.jpg

4 Generations, how wonderful and lovely is that....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Gerry - I loved that movie and that song.  When will they write songs like that again?  Did you and your sister play this on the piano????  This layout is really COOL!!

We probably did play some arrangement of it. In addition to our solo work, we did a lot of organ/piano duos and piano duets. As soon as we sat down, our differences (and there were many!), disappeared.

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Ann - do the animals seem well cared for? We had a similar zoo in Huntsville that was mercifully shut down. I'm only 1 1/2 hours from there so I'll put that on my list of potential day trips.

5 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

So here is what I did with the cornucopia in PSP with Kaleidascope and what I did with the blue one in PSP also with Kaleidascope. - WOW I can't even post one of them in 600px.  Have to reduce them further - they must carry a ton of stuff ????

CF Spark by MLS - cornucopia rose - pattern-K_400.jpg

CF Spark by MLS - blue abstract-7-pattern-K_400.jpg

These are fabulous.  Such interesting and intricate designs.  I can see how you would get lost in playing with them.  I love pattern. And weirdly I never used to like patterned paper, but I'm really like the seamless ones Suzy and others have been making.  

• Thanks 1

@fiona cookThat issue with the text "disappearing" is frustrating but it is not really a bug or anything like that. It is a matter of understanding that the resize does NOT apply to the area where you wrapped your text. It is documented in this article. That page you made for the run would definitely make a nice thank-you note. May I suggest that you put the title on a piece of paper so it would look like it is part of the display.

@Anja PelzerGreat tribute to your mom with those black and white photos.

@Sharla That is a wonderful rainbow pic. No wonder you wanted to showcase it!

@MoniqueN.Fun page you found. Yes, sometimes, it is hard to find the photo to fit the page. Often, you will have the picture and then search for the page to use. Either way, it is a browsing challenge.

@Donna SilliaFun photos to showcase! They make me smile.

@Ann Seeber I am glad I didn't make any typo on that datestamp! ? You know that you could include a QRCode to your page and link to the video in question.

@Anita WyattThat is another nice page. Not knowing what the initial page looked like, I can't tell what elements were added, so it matches very well.

@Susan EwartYou have such a wide variety of sunsets. Hard to believe they are from the same point.

@kasanyWhere did you take those trip photos? The scenery looks familiar.

@Mary SolaasI saw you used one of those layouts in the Random Challenge. That is a good idea!

@Gerry LandrethMaybe i'll need to have a Song Challenge with the word STAR for you! ?

@Jannette Nieuwboer You have found a nice new page!