Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

I couldn't find suitable photos for this commission. so I had a look at my stock scrap kits. I have first resized the original as I'm used to working on smaller boards.

I played with some scripts (got the most from here) number 1 is the original, and number 2 is photo edges, number 3 is the dot method. 

ps_marisa-lerin_107859_vietnam-quick-page-02_cu=1.jpg

Image5.jpg

ps_marisa-lerin_107859_vietnam-quick-page-02_cu-3.jpg

• Love 12

4 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I couldn't find suitable photos for this commission. so I had a look at my stock scrap kits. I have first resized the original as I'm used to working on smaller boards.

I played with some scripts (got the most from here) number 1 is the original, and number 2 is photo edges, number 3 is the dot method. 

Image5.jpg

These are so awesome.  I never thought to do that to a completed layout.  Great idea.  

• Love 1

A bit behind, but it goes on....?  Last night I didn't add the other color versions of Day 2, but after all why not.... and the Non Scrap 2. I would like to know which font is "congratulations".

Day 2-blue2-w.jpg

Day 2-blue-w.jpg

QP-Non-Scrap-2b-1-w.jpg

Edited by libera
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 7

Jannette,  that black and white is stunning! 

I went looking for the script, is your "dot" method this script by any chance? It is the line painting script, not dot, but it looks like it could be similar? https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_8&products_id=815

I looked closely at it while it was on sale, but I just couldn't see an application for it - and now I think I do! :))  I'm not as creative as most of the people posting on here, I'm afraid. :(

• Like 1

QP-Non Scrap-4

I copied others and went with a green theme with old photos I havent seen for more than 10 yrs!  I used Beauty Nature font again.  (Creative Fabrica).  I like this format.  it's a challenge to get the the photo right for the top rectangle.  In playing around I used a very small portion of the plant and learned I dont always need to have most of it showing.  I'm happy with the results and the photo's didnt look too bad for being low res. 

QP-Non Scrap-4 Green-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 8

@Susan Ewart I had noticed such a mismatch when testing 2023. Maybe the same thing happened in 2022 but it was just on different fonts. That bathroom layout is so funny! Well done! Maybe you should post those RCMP layouts on FB and tag them! You might share some smiles for them too.

@Jannette NieuwboerYou are adding a lot of work on that QUICK page! Lovely! The way you treated the Jewel from the sea layout is very creative and inspiring!

@Ann Seeber I knew we would have a lovely layout about the baby!!! Good choice to show three photos!

@MoniqueN. Small additions make the project totally unique! Beautiful bride photos for that layout! With the Chopin font, check to make sure you don't have a stroke, because it is so fine. You managed very well with the page you didn't like!

@Julie Magerka Yes, it is QUICK but that excludes selecting the photos! ?

@Mary Solaas Beautiful flowers! Did you align the letters one by one to fit between the lines? 

@fiona cookIt is so cool to see that glider out of bound!

@Corrie KinkelGreat way to showcase that Grand Canyon! And it is a good thing you didn't go closer to the edge!

@libera The font for the Congratulations is a simple Brush Script. Do you plan to add photos to the quick-pages?

@Anja Pelzer It is interesting how the whole layout turned wintery with the photos and added snowflakes!

@Suzy Being creative sometimes means being inspired by others! Creativity does not always come from nowhere!

Keep them coming. Keep inspiring each other. There are still several days and projects to come!

• Thanks 3

Here is my QP - Day 4

I selected an Alpine Mountain photo and Alpine Wildflowers for Day 4. Photos are from Pixabay and Creative Fabrica. The font is Garamond and I it took me a while to find a photo of a meadow filled with Alpine wildflowers.The one I found did not have the blue Gentian (Enzian) so I copied the one I had and added it to the meadow. The other 2 flowers are Alpine Rose (also called Rhododendron) and the Edelweiss. Instead of color for the font, I used the pattern and chose the meadow, then added drop shadows.

Anita-QP-4-2023-scaled.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 11

5 hours ago, Suzy said:

Jannette, dat zwart-wit is prachtig! 

Ik ging op zoek naar het script, is jouw "punt"-methode toevallig dit script? Het is het line-painting-script, geen punt, maar het lijkt erop dat het vergelijkbaar zou kunnen zijn? https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_8&products_id=815

Ik heb er goed naar gekeken terwijl het in de uitverkoop was, maar ik kon er gewoon geen toepassing voor zien - en nu denk ik van wel! :)) Ik ben niet zo creatief als de meeste mensen die hier posten, vrees ik. ?

NO Susy.

Go to sources,

then choose outside sources,

then you see this. there you can find scripts.

What do you like the most? Or all. Both possible. 

Image2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Anja Pelzer said:

you have all done a great work with the quickpages

here is my day 4, I used snowflake brushes in two colors and blends them in the background, and a snowman picture tube

large.ps_marisa-L_107859_vietnam-qp02-anja-SouthAustraliaDecorated035BT.jpg.4b12235c3bb7d44952c0f204d4e07e07.jpg

Eine gelungene Abkühlung in dieser Hitze, Anja ? A nice cool down in this heat we have in Germany.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Susan Ewart I had noticed such a mismatch when testing 2023. Maybe the same thing happened in 2022 but it was just on different fonts. That bathroom layout is so funny! Well done! Maybe you should post those RCMP layouts on FB and tag them! You might share some smiles for them too.

@Jannette NieuwboerYou are adding a lot of work on that QUICK page! Lovely! The way you treated the Jewel from the sea layout is very creative and inspiring!

@Ann Seeber I knew we would have a lovely layout about the baby!!! Good choice to show three photos!

@MoniqueN. Small additions make the project totally unique! Beautiful bride photos for that layout! With the Chopin font, check to make sure you don't have a stroke, because it is so fine. You managed very well with the page you didn't like!

@Julie Magerka Yes, it is QUICK but that excludes selecting the photos! ?

@Mary Solaas Beautiful flowers! Did you align the letters one by one to fit between the lines? 

@fiona cookIt is so cool to see that glider out of bound!

@Corrie KinkelGreat way to showcase that Grand Canyon! And it is a good thing you didn't go closer to the edge!

@libera The font for the Congratulations is a simple Brush Script. Do you plan to add photos to the quick-pages?

@Anja Pelzer It is interesting how the whole layout turned wintery with the photos and added snowflakes!

@Suzy Being creative sometimes means being inspired by others! Creativity does not always come from nowhere!

Keep them coming. Keep inspiring each other. There are still several days and projects to come!

Yes Carole,  in QP 3. For QP 1 and 2 I didn't really find suitable fotos to my taste in my collection. In Non Scrap 2 the tulip is originally a photo of mine, I added several effects long time ago.

Thanks for the information concerning the brush script. One of your scripts?

Edited by libera

I had to be away from my computer yesterday so am catching up today - it was a joy to look through the posts I'd missed to see all the amazing layouts.

My day 4 project has no tweaks! It also only uses 1 photo. I discovered that my photo showed into all the frames and fit just fine so I ran with. The photo is one of many I took of the sea when I lived at Saltburn on the NE coat of England.

the sea 600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 10

I was not intending to make this one but I was practicing making TEXTURES.

So I was looking into my stuff for a suitable application, and I bumped into this one.

Someone had placed it here and I downloaded it. 

It was very terrible working. When I selected one section all were selected.

Advanced this came out of all my creative possibilities.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT ?

As I don't have a FB account I can't download from that source.  

Image1ALPHA.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I was not intending to make this one but I was practicing making TEXTURES.

So I was looking into my stuff for a suitable application, and I bumped into this one.

Someone had placed it here and I downloaded it. 

It was very terrible working. When I selected one section all were selected.

Advanced this came out of all my creative possibilities.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT ?

As I don't have a FB account I can't download from that source.  

Image1ALPHA.jpg

Jannette, as a solution for your background texture problem, I think I'd make separate layers for each section. Then I could fill a selected area with whatever and it would be confined to that layer. Allover, this looks very interesting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Image5.jpg

The photo edges one works particularly well.

13 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

QP-Non Scrap-4

I copied others and went with a green theme with old photos I havent seen for more than 10 yrs!  I used Beauty Nature font again.  (Creative Fabrica).  I like this format.  it's a challenge to get the the photo right for the top rectangle.  In playing around I used a very small portion of the plant and learned I dont always need to have most of it showing.  I'm happy with the results and the photo's didnt look too bad for being low res. 

QP-Non Scrap-4 Green-600.jpg

Photos are so sharp. I love macro.

Just finished the extra design from Day 4. I selected the images of flowers for their colour to go with the template. I had to change a yellow rose though to pink by using Adjust/Hue and saturation/Hue/Saturation/Lightness. More of a 15 minute job in total. Again because of tweakings!

QP_Extra_Extra4.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 8

I've made some progress and reached it in 40 minutes.

The delay was in the sizing, it was in % instead of px.

So it takes such a long time before I found what it was other wise I had been finished in 5 minutes.

But the pics were png images so they needed a background.

Underneath the wedding rings is a homemade TEXTURE.

I'm very proud I have made 5 textures now. So altogether it takes a bit less than 1 hour. 

ps_marisa-lerin_107847_garden-party-quick-page-03_cu-11.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 10

I am just getting to page three, partly due to beautiful weather and partly due to taking so long to decide on pictures. Beach Party is a picture of our van on the beach in St. Augustine. I changed the flower to two of my own from my build a kit. I changed the background under the van to sand from one of my own photos. The lobster is a Summitsoft clip art.

The St. Louis Arch pictures are my own photos. I changed the little houses to a picture of buildings in St. Louis. The top font is an olf called Silverblade and the lower font is sailor bold 1 grunge, a Windows font.

beachparty600.jpg

stlouis600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 8