Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

18 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I'll be there too, although like Ann (and Mary?) it is not for the first time. My photobook about my recent trip to California is almost ready, so time to start on something else and easy now.

Well I just have sent my book to the printer's and I expect it back in maybe a week or so.

There are made already a lot of nice layouts, to much to comment on and Ann congrats on another great-grand!!!

Here I used a vibrant orange California Poppy to complement the oranges in the QP.  It is already after midnight, so I'm of to bed!

@Corrie Kinkel It isn't my first time either, but as you said easy projects once in a while are nice to do too ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

QP-2 - Part 1 - Deep sea fishing off Acapulco. Since that was the only place we went for vacations (we loved being pampered by the "beach boys" ?) we had to try all the activities there. We went deep sea fishing and hubby, Fran, and I, each had a rod and a chair. I reeled in my fish but he had trouble. So I had to reel in his, also! This was sort of ridiculous as I weighed about 110 and he was topping 300. Whew!

What font did you use, Ann? It's funky(?), but a bit hard to read too??

14 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Day 2.  Yes, I always like to change colors.  The non-scrap is a picture that I love - old (for David is a big 14 now) but still good - David and his grandpa fishing together (David is my great grandson and the grandpa is my son).  

QP Extra 2 2023_600.jpg

I love the way you used the lines on the mat to add your text ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

Day 3

Photo's on the first project taken in Elburg, a town in the Netherlands. The project is ok, but other photo's would of been better.

The FB pages says: Art of no art in Dutch. One of the fonts is Gunplay 3d, the other I forgot to write down??‍♂️

QP-Dag 3-600.jpg

QP-Non-Scrap-Dag3-1 finished.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 8

Day 2: By the sea. Photos of the beach are mine or my daughter's. Seahorse is from Digital Scrapbook, one is from Filter Forge, and the others are photos from my grandson. I changed the colors to brighten it up. The frame color is from the plant on the template.

bythesea600.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 5

Day 2 and 3, again both again from my recent trip. I have so many photos that didn't make it in my album, so lots to use in the coming months. I must admit that after being away and not doing much scrapping I'm a bit rusty and have to think about how to do things..... I must be getting older! The fonts are Wiskey Cool  and Better Brush.

QP-Extra2-2023-600jpg.jpg

QP-3-2023-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 10

Here is my QP- Day- 3 project.

It took me only 15 minutes finding, selecting, and pasting the flower images in the QP  template. The flowers shown are: Prickly Pear Cactus, Blackfoot Daisies and Blue Bonnets. I used the eraser brush on overlapping parts. The font is Spring Flowers from Creative Fabrica and that took me a bit longer. I used the font’s glyphs for the letters T and F.

Anita-QP-3-2023-scaled.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Here is my FB Header for Day 3:

I used a photo of Rothenburg, Germany showing one of the town's entry towers.  Then I changed the colors of the template.  Font is Baby Valentina from Creative Fabrica. I am not sure if I did this right by using just one photo across the whole template, but it was a lot of fun to practice with.

Anita-QP3-23-FBHeader-scaled.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 7

18 hours ago, libera said:

I realised, I never participated at this workshop before. So to see what it is, I signed in yesterday. I wonder about the QP Extra Lesson. It isn't in my zip file. Day one here before I go to work. The photo found on Unsplash. 

Day 1-w.jpg

QP-FBTemplate-1-1-w.jpg

Libera, Can I just use this cute Facebook header for my facebook page?  It is just adorable, and there are no flip flops in my life!

21 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Quick Page Xtra - Lesson two

I did so much stuff to get to this color (for the Quick Page) that I wouldnt be able to replicate it.  I just tried different tools to make changes and went back and forth to see where it would go and ended up here where I liked it. I did duplicate the QP and added a blend mode and ended up with a nicer blue than I had and a whiter white on the one paper.  I tried to use the see-through-letter technique which I used recently with no problem.   today the outline misaligned everytime.  I ended up getting it to work a different way so I could add a bevel to the outline.  I've done it several times with no issues, but tonight I must be missing something.  Photo is from the same beach as the other quick pages.

Font is Amnestia Normal (Creative Fabrica)

QP-Extra2- color Legacy-Sunset-600.jpg

Susan, I love this! I went to go get the font at CF and it isn't hollow. For some reason i expected it to be hollow based on this.

So my idea is to have Cassel write a script to make a plain old font like Amnestia become something like this. All she really has to do is get close, and the person can tweak it. Is this correct, do you think?  It looks  a little like and outline + enamel, gradient, and a tiny shadow. easy peasy! :))

@Susan Ewart Yes, I will have to find a picture of the cliffs and rocks from around here! About the misalignment issue, are you using PSP2023? I have noticed something like that affecting some fonts, but not all.

@libera the Extra supplies are for the DIAMOND members. That is why you didn't see them.

@kasany We sure can recognize your work now that we have seen your fractals. They are always mesmerizing!

@Ann Seeber For those who got that unexpected collage template, it was meant for later in the workshop so you might want to keep it anyways ?

@fiona cook Interesting how you get two different results from the same starting quick pages! The charms are a good idea. I would have put them on top of the photo mat though so we could see them better. Of course, when you have more than one photo, it will likely take more than 5 minutes! But it is still much faster than a project from scratch.

@Jannette Nieuwboer The 5 minutes is AFTER you have decided what photos to use and BEFORE you tweak them! ?

@Julie Magerka Those are great photos for the Solstice!

@Sharla Great choice of photos for the page. And the title is a nice touch!

@Anne Lamp Now that you are in the hammock, it is time to rest!

@MoniqueN. Adding the rectangle in the same color as the background is a great way to add a title without it looking like there is a mat!

@Donna Sillia Amazing to see all the techniques that were taught in previous classes or workshops used when we don't expect it to create something unique!

@Anja PelzerThe layering of the square is such a creative way to use an otherwise flat page!

@Corrie KinkelIt is nice to see you have more opportunities to showcase those photos you still have!

@Anita Wyatt I guess 15 minutes is not too bad for a layout!

Keep them coming!!

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Yes, I will have to find a picture of the cliffs and rocks from around here! About the misalignment issue, are you using PSP2023? I have noticed something like that affecting some fonts, but not all.

I do have 2023 but have gone back to 2022 and that's where it didnt work.  I wondered if it was the font that could be an issue.  I've had other font issues where part of the font is cut off so it could be the same thing.  I did it before in 2022 and in 2023 so it must be the font.  

2 hours ago, Suzy said:

Susan, I love this! I went to go get the font at CF and it isn't hollow. For some reason i expected it to be hollow based on this.

So my idea is to have Cassel write a script to make a plain old font like Amnestia become something like this. All she really has to do is get close, and the person can tweak it. Is this correct, do you think?  It looks  a little like and outline + enamel, gradient, and a tiny shadow. easy peasy! :))

Aww, thank you  Suzy.  I followed the See-though tutorial, but this font mis aligns, so having a script would be awesome.  I forgot to say BIG THANK YOU for the making the cracked paint image whiter (and the blacks blacker) and you fixed the out of focus spot too. I think I need to get that script if I want to keep making overlays.  

QP Extra Lesson 3

I managed to get one made today.  Came across some old photos circa 2005 (pre-DSLR days) from Ft. Steele Heritage Town in the Kootenays (British Columbia).  I used the brush tool to put circles over the anchors as it didnt fit. I added a maple leaf to the circle for some texture.  Changed the sign (I used the clone tool) and added a few Canadiana items.  I had fogotten about these photos and laughed when I saw this one.  Looks like they are all lined up for the bathroom. 

Font is Acme, I think it's a google one that came with my font viewer.  Onto the other lesson 3 QP.   

QP-Extra3-bathroom line up-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8