What are you working on (in June 2023)?

Cassel

48 minutes ago, Cristina said:

Susan, I really like what you created. I think the result is great!

By the way, any chance this was a Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries you were watching? 

Oh yes, and it's just the best show.  Jack has the most beautiful voice wouldnt you say.  And Phryne, her clothes and just the way she is, love it.  It's a fabulous show.  We are getting it (in Canada) on utube...until our powers that be cut us off that is.  We were watching Poirot, Miss Marple and other Agatha Christie movies and now our govt has blocked those due to new legislation.  FUN POLICE are alive and well at the CRTC (our regulatory body).  

Thank you for your comments.  Do you watch this show as well.  We are almost binge watching in case we lose it.  Currently on Season 2 around episode 10 I think.  The set is so richly decorated and fashion is stunning.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Oh yes, and it's just the best show.  Jack has the most beautiful voice wouldnt you say.  And Phryne, her clothes and just the way she is, love it.  It's a fabulous show.  We are getting it (in Canada) on utube...until our powers that be cut us off that is.  We were watching Poirot, Miss Marple and other Agatha Christie movies and now our govt has blocked those due to new legislation.  FUN POLICE are alive and well at the CRTC (our regulatory body).  

Thank you for your comments.  Do you watch this show as well.  We are almost binge watching in case we lose it.  Currently on Season 2 around episode 10 I think.  The set is so richly decorated and fashion is stunning.

I do watch all of them too. Poor Jack... He has no say in his own precinct, as she is the one asking the questions. LOL... We watched Behind the Scenes Season 3, and they talked about her clothes... Another old show from Australia we liked is The Doctor Blake Mysteries... But they are not always available.

I think you can download them from YouTube... not sure.

20 minutes ago, Cristina said:

I do watch all of them too. Poor Jack... He has no say in his own precinct, as she is the one asking the questions. LOL... We watched Behind the Scenes Season 3, and they talked about her clothes... Another old show from Australia we liked is The Doctor Blake Mysteries... But they are not always available.

I think you can download them from YouTube... not sure.

I will look for The Doctor Blake Mysteries.  Thank you.  We did watch the season 1 behind the scene and see that season two has one as well.  I enjoy behind the scenes shows.  She is the woman every woman would like to be for sure.  I think I'm more like Dot....but not as smart or capable with a thread and needle. ?  Thanks for giving us a new show to look for.  Since we gave up Netflix we've been watching a lot of good shows in U-tube.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Marie-Claire said:

I am the lucky one who won the wool2 tubes from Cassel and I tried something with it. The background paper is by Marisa Lerin
Own pictures. Our daughter's dog regularly comes on holiday for a week while she is on the move for work.
large.mclp_working_on_23_06_600.jpg.6c1519a838fd3dd8c3e7b24ace22c36d.jpg

Awwww, so sweet.

• Thanks 1

I did a two matching pages to celebrate Magic's 3rd birthday. They had a fun pinata party. They sent 10 photos so it worked with Carole's new Hanging Photos 2 template. I totally used a birthday mini-kit from Melissa Lerin. I'll try to post a preview with the two layouts.

MAGIC'S PINATA PARTY_600.jpg

MAGIC TURNS THREE-6-4-23_600.jpg

mini.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 8

Ann, both those are beautiful, and such a great, great use of that script! The whole thing just shouts, “fun in the summer”, and “it’s my birthday!”  And I absolutely love how you put the closeup photo of her with her pink cheeks and big smile in the upper left. She looks so excited! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm adding this layout here because it's June and I'm late for the May Scraplift Challenge.  

The background paper is made with effects>texture effects>texture>bricks. I scuffed it up with an overlay I made from the image  in the middle.

The middle dandelion fluff, is one of my photo's, which i did negative image and some other unspeakable things to. Only unspeakable because I cant remember, guessing I desaturated and lowered opacity and other stuff.

I used barbed wire instead of stitching, it seemed to fit better.   Photo's are mine. I spray water on the seed heads and brought them in the studio to photograph.  The concept needs more experimentation (perhaps with gycerine instead).

Fonts: Black Range (pluviophile) & Alisabela Brushley (quote) both from Creative Fabrica.

I tried putting water spots on the layout but couldnt make it look random enough so just left it off for now.

Carole: should this go in the miscellanous area of the gallery or in the Scraplift part, even though I'm late with it.

May Scraplift Challenge-Pluviophile-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 12

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I'm rather pleased with how this turned out considering I had no template. I created the mask and ran the raster-to-mask script. The background photo has an overlay layer effect. The font is Britannic Bold. Here's MAGIC!

MAGIC SLEEP 2023_600.jpg

And that's just "magical"!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

I saw some other Father's Day layouts and now can't seem to find which area they're posted in. So posting my tribute to dear old dad here.

I have pictures of Rudy as I knew him (when older), but I have such a soft spot for this photo of him (from his passport) when he looks so young and vulnerable. He was beset with many trials when he was young (in Europe), but he became a gentle and kind man despite the challenges. My dad....?

I used several backgrounds of paint splashes and splatters b/c I love using them. The background paper is from Digital Scrapbooking (M. Lerin, yesteryear) and lots of recoloring and blending. None of the materials used are mine, except the bevelled frame. I like ripped and torn pieces and asymmetrical designs.

Rudy father's day 2.jpg

I love this layout Julie.  The colors and blended/faded layers are so perfect with this photo.  It's really well designed.  I love old photos.

• Thanks 1

I have a couple of greetings cards to make so for the first I have utilised an effect for text from the recent master class 'Perfectly Imperfect'. For the main fill layer for the 'Maria' text I used Effects/Texture Effects/Texture 'Crumpled'. The Shininess was set to 47% which seemed to create more a gold look. I made 2 outline layers and used the Warp Brush on both. The lady in question is quite dramatic so I hope she will like the bold colours. It's her 70th so I used the pattern palette fill having created a little '70' image and kept it open on my screen in the process.

Maria70_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • WOW 2
  • Love 6

Hi, I'm back from my journey to visit my daughter & co and have been reading all the comments in the different sections of the Campus for over an hour now, you all have been busy! I had a massive jetlag and although I attended the masterclass this Sunday I definitively have to rewatch it, nothing registered with me. 

I have had a great time and am starting to make a photobook as I did before. I'm going to make a scrapbook page as introduction to the different topics of the book. After each intro page comes the "normal" pages with all my photos and stories. I don't do all the pages as a scrapbook page, that would take me months to do and family and friends over here are waiting to see my book with all the photos!

I'll show the different intro pages as I finish them in this section of the Campus; they are still in random order because for some I need to do an internet search. This time they are rectangles because my book will be a rectangle and this way they cover a whole page, which I regret not doing last year.

SFO intro-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, fiona cook said:

I have a couple of greetings cards to make so for the first I have utilised an effect for text from the recent master class 'Perfectly Imperfect'. For the main fill layer for the 'Maria' text I used Effects/Texture Effects/Texture 'Crumpled'. The Shininess was set to 47% which seemed to create more a gold look. I made 2 outline layers and used the Warp Brush on both. The lady in question is quite dramatic so I hope she will like the bold colours. It's her 70th so I used the pattern palette fill having created a little '70' image and kept it open on my screen in the process.

Maria70_600.jpg

This is like a fiesta! So colourful and pretty.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Hi, I'm back from my journey to visit my daughter & co and have been reading all the comments in the different sections of the Campus for over an hour now, you all have been busy! I had a massive jetlag and although I attended the masterclass this Sunday I definitively have to rewatch it, nothing registered with me. 

I have had a great time and am starting to make a photobook as I did before. I'm going to make a scrapbook page as introduction to the different topics of the book. After each intro page comes the "normal" pages with all my photos and stories. I don't do all the pages as a scrapbook page, that would take me months to do and family and friends over here are waiting to see my book with all the photos!

I'll show the different intro pages as I finish them in this section of the Campus; they are still in random order because for some I need to do an internet search. This time they are rectangles because my book will be a rectangle and this way they cover a whole page, which I regret not doing last year.

SFO intro-600.jpg

Looking forward to your layouts in the coming months.  Good the hear your jet-lagged brain is back to normal.  I really like that blue graphic overlayed on the photo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

SFO intro-600.jpg

Corrie - this is beautiful.  Glad you are back and so glad you had a wonderful time.  Looking forward to what you post about your trip.  On another note - I never thought about doing a scrapbook photobook as an 8-1/2 X 11 rectangle - great thought.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

SFO intro-600.jpg

Welcome back, Corrie ... I missed you! So looking forward to seeing the results of your vacation. San Francisco is awesome - love that city. I've been there several times enroute upstate to Mendocino to see my daughter, Debbie, and family. Their place is about 3.5 hours north on the Pacific Highway.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Welcome back, Corrie ... I missed you! So looking forward to seeing the results of your vacation. San Francisco is awesome - love that city. I've been there several times enroute upstate to Mendocino to see my daughter, Debbie, and family. Their place is about 3.5 hours north on the Pacific Highway.

Thank you ladies! Suzy of course there will be a date but not on every layout. I think I'll put the dates of my trip on the cover and/or first of the intro pages. Besides making my photobook I plan to use o lot of my photos in coming projects as well and the nice script of this week with the hanging photos is a candidate for some of my flower photos. But first my book!

• Like 2

Ah, yes the cover, I thought that was what your Golden Gate bridge was -- I figure you absolutely need a date on the cover because you'll probably go back again in a year or two!  :)

Did you eat chocolate? Did you ride the cable cars?  Walk the steps to Coit Tower? I guess we'll find out soon when your pages start rolling in!

• Like 1