Vector Workshop 2023

Cassel

I did do a dino; however I didn't do it with vectors etc., but with the magic wand.  One has to practice with it too. I copied the dino from the group with it; pasted it in a new image and began working on it to separate all the different colors on separate layers, creating a pspimage.  Now, please don't ask me why.  I never know exactly WHY I do anything.  Anyway, I have it saved as a pspimage, a png (so it is an element I can use later on in a layout), and a jpg so I can post it here.  This is the result after I hide the original and put together all the pieces!.  I really have to move on to Project 5.

DinoByFreshgraphix-on-Freepik.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 10

10 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

This is the result after I hide the original and put together all the pieces!

Hi Mary. Such a cute Dino! Do you mean you do a Copy Special/Copy Merged? I do that all the time with a pspimage if I want to put it together with a layout.

Dit is de helft van les 5. Ik dacht: 'Deze les doe ik wel leven af in een minuutje. Ik heb het in de X2 en deX5 vaak gemaakt. maar dat ging tiener toch heel anders. 

de tweede opdracht van les 5 de tekst rondom de cirkels had ik klaar.  ?Maar op het laatste moment vlak voor het opslaan van PSP uit. Weg was mijn crea ?   

Carole is het mogelijk om de tweede cirkel een andere kleur te geven voor meer onderscheid??? Ik probeerde het maar het lukt me niet.

vraag 2: Tot hoelang kunnen we crea's inleveren. IK KOM IN TIJDSNOOD.

dda00459c411eb6bdd7387daaa0f2a25.jpg

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
tekst werd niet goed weergegeven
  • Like 6
  • Love 11

7 hours ago, Dorothy Donn said:

Cassell:  I have not received any email to get to lesson 7?

It must just be caught in cyber-linmbo. Just change the lesson number on any of the URL that work and that should do it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Cristina I too would welcome such an Advanced Vector Workshop, as I feel that I'm starting to master those nodes now! So after some time, maybe next year, it will be great to take those vectors a step further. It means a lot of work for Carole though to prepare another Workshop. We can hope, can't we ?

Corrie, we sure can! ?

Like you, I'm also feeling more comfortable around vectors... Being already around the Campus for a long time, I was familiar with most of the techniques, except lesson 4... That was neat! But practicing with it daily made a big difference.

• Like 3

Is there a way to save the images created in Lesson 6 as a picture tube or reusable shape?  When I follow the steps in Lesson 2, Shape is greyed out.  When I try to export as a picture tube, it tells me that the image needs to be 24 bit and have only one raster layer with a transparency.  I have a Raster 1 layer on the bottom that I am unable to delete.  The Stroked Objects is the top layer.  The middle layer is the Vector layer.  See image attached.

I'd like to create an alphabet/font that I can call within PSP without digging through a bunch of individual files; hence trying to save a letter as a pre-set shape or picture tube.  Perhaps I am asking too much or the wrong thing. 

Gold Chain V.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-27 132804.jpg

Edited by Carol Anne Wall
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Carol Anne Wall said:

Is there a way to save the images created in Lesson 6 as a picture tube or reusable shape?  When I follow the steps in Lesson 2, Shape is greyed out.  When I try to export as a picture tube, it tells me that the image needs to be 24 bit and have only one raster layer with a transparency.  I have a Raster 1 layer on the bottom that I am unable to delete.  The Stroked Objects is the top layer.  The middle layer is the Vector layer.  See image attached.

I'd like to create an alphabet/font that I can call within PSP without digging through a bunch of individual files; hence trying to save a letter as a pre-set shape or picture tube.  Perhaps I am asking too much or the wrong thing. 

You could save it as a PNG image. It will lose its layers so if you need to add textures, bevels or shadows, do it before you save it. And yes, you can definitely do alphabets with that. I have done so several times before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I DID LESSON 6 MANUEL. I could not YET get the script running. 

When you run the script, is the OBJECT active in the layers palette? Sometimes, it becomes deactivated so the script won't work.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I had not seen the video, Carole. ? My thought was Carole was very strict today as there is no video added. Sometimes it's hidden at the bottom. But if I ha scrolled a bit I found out it was. 

That is strange.

This is my project 5a - text on a path on a picture.  I had a time with this - I used Baby Lovely font at first and my computer really locked up - couldn't understand it.  tried it several times and every time it locked up.  I finally just used task manager and closed PSP.  Then I opened it up and looked at one of my other pspimage files and they all worked fine and the PSP didn't lock up.  So I just deleted the one with the Baby Lovely font and started from scratch.  This time I used Ambrogio font and it worked just fine.  I'm not sure if I have used Baby Lovely font before, but it sure didn't like me this time.  Anyway.  The pic is by my son Chris at the Gulf of Mexico.

Project 5a_600.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 11

I just finished Lesson 3. I chose Leaf04 and it took me quite a while, it is not perfect, and still a bit pointy, but I am getting more comfortable with vectors. I actually made 2 of these leaves, because after I exported the first try, I saw where the corners were still pointy. So I edited it and when started to I export it,  I had to change the name, so I named it Leaf01B. I now have both of them in my shapes Library. I will go on to Lesson 4 for now, but will play more with Lesson 3 when I have more time.

Anita-Vectors-3-Leaf01B.jpg

ScreenshotLeaf01B.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 11