What are you working on (in May 2023)?

Cassel

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

Susan, did you get it installed, and have you played with it yet? Just curious.....

I had some problems with it and decided not to install.  It is not expensive to buy and I will go that route, when and if I decide if I need to have it vs. I want to have it.  Their website says $20 (presumably USD) and for commercial use.  Mary and Donna have used it though so they might have some good input for you.  I will buy it eventually, maybe, but right now I have to keep on learning what PSP can do because I'm really good at collecting stuff (including nifty programs) that go un-used as I dont have the amount of time I need to put into them to be proficient enough to make good use out of the purchase.  It's really hard for me to have restraint.  I'm thinking a better choice would be to save my money for a tablet, that I would make good use of I'm sure.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Beautiful layout, Mary. Following along on your trip, I wish I'd visited Tennessee! (btw, there is no "c" in "aquarium" ?

Thanks, Ann.  I will change that.  Need to check the spelling on the other "Acquarium" layouts.  Ha, Ha.

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Beautiful layout, Mary. Following along on your trip, I wish I'd visited Tennessee! (btw, there is no "c" in "aquarium" ?

"

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

Thanks, Ann.  I will change that.  Need to check the spelling on the other "Acquarium" layouts.  Ha, Ha.

"

Maybe there was more to "c" in that acquarium, ackqwareeuhm, akweryumm...aquarium. ? (I think I have been spelling it wrong too)

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Maybe there was more to "c" in that acquarium, ackqwareeuhm, akweryumm...aquarium. ? (I think I have been spelling it wrong too)

Ha, Ha.  Susan - love your humor (or is it humour or is that something else????)  Well, it appears that that is the only place I spelled it with a "c"  - and, yes, Susan, there was PLENTY to c in that aquarium.

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2023 at 7:05 PM, Susan Ewart said:

I had some problems with it and decided not to install.  It is not expensive to buy and I will go that route, when and if I decide if I need to have it vs. I want to have it.  Their website says $20 (presumably USD) and for commercial use.  Mary and Donna have used it though so they might have some good input for you.  I will buy it eventually, maybe, but right now I have to keep on learning what PSP can do because I'm really good at collecting stuff (including nifty programs) that go un-used as I dont have the amount of time I need to put into them to be proficient enough to make good use out of the purchase.  It's really hard for me to have restraint.  I'm thinking a better choice would be to save my money for a tablet, that I would make good use of I'm sure.  

I am also learning to stop acquiring things that I will probably never use or use very little. I bought a tablet a year or so ago (Wacom) and I like it but I don't even use that enough!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Hide your mouse!

When I get one, I will refer back to this post.  I never shot with my new camera because the settings were in weird places and more steps to get to where I wanted to be in the set up.  Finally I said, put the other camera away!  It's there if I need it,  and now I'm finally bumbling my way through and it wasnt as bad as I thought (still tons to learn).  

• Like 1

So, here is my next Chattanooga Trip layout.  The font is Academy Engraved LET and I filled the open areas with a pattern taken from the water of one of the pictures. The anchor element  came from NicePng and the lifesaver element came from pixel scrapper - Jessica Dunn (One of my favorite designers).

ChattanoogaTrip-12-Waterfront_600.jpg

• Love 10

9 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

Love the use of the plaid. I need to do more of the layering of background papers. One of the designers at The Lily Pad does live sessions monthly where she scraps a layout and she does this quite often.

I have to thank you for pointing me to the Lily pad. I love the sample layouts there, they are really inspiring.  And I picked up a really nice bundle 50% off.  

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 2:59 PM, Cassel said:

Hide your mouse!

LOL!that reminds me of the time when Windows first came out….I wanted to learn to type.  My husband could type, but not I.

So I painted all the keys on the keyboard black!  Turns out my husband could type, but he looked to see where to place his fingers. Oops! So neither of us could type on my new keyboard. I thought he was going to kill me, because back then, a keyboard was kind of expensive!

• Haha 3

I am going over the Tags Masterclasses and just trying to create examples of tags. I haven't had time to apply to any designs.

When I made the rectangular selections for the striped effects I used a ‘Feather’ value to blur the edges.

My VectorPaint script did not work to start with until I realised, following the first Tags Masterclass, that after drawing the rectangle, I needed to right click on the rectangle image and ‘Convert to Path’.

I didn’t see the ‘Convert to Path’ instruction in the latest Masterclass so I wonder whether it could be a difference in the versions of PSP we are running? I am on Ultimate 2021.

My F11 key wasn’t working but I looked that up in View/Palettes/Brush Variance or Palettes/Brush Variance. Note to self!

3 tags.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, fiona cook said:

I didn’t see the ‘Convert to Path’ instruction in the latest Masterclass so I wonder whether it could be a difference in the versions of PSP we are running? I am on Ultimate 2021.

Hum... I'll have to check but I might have an edited version of the script that would convert it automatically! Good catch!

I havent made a tag yet.  An unexpected passing away of my sister-in-law's mother on Sunday had me working on my condolence layout instead.  Whew, that goodness I was able to go back to the Build A Kit workshop to the frame section and follow the instructions again.  I used Lab 13-1 again for the shape, hearts looked weird inside hearts so i used circles.  Frame is using Add borders from the master class Framing 101.  My photo, and fonts are Romantic Serif (title), Sea Gardens (words in the template) and Audaciti (journaling).  The title does have a bevel to help it stand out a bit, also has a very small shadow.  reduced opacity on the title and journaling because black was too contrasty. I used the selection tool to fit my words in on the left side.  the right side I just used a right aligment as it looked better that way.  

Nothing bad to report with PSP 2023.  today it outshined me and any issue's I had was my dull brain at work and not paying attention.

Maureen & Family-600 .jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 12

7 hours ago, Suzy said:

Susan That is gorgeous and so unique with a great sentiment!

I struggle with words and these are beyond perfection!

Thank you Suzy, I never would have thought you struggle with words.  Your posts and observations are always well thought out.  I also struggle with words.  The left side is a quote from a rubber stamp that I have.  I wish I had my own words as good as that.