What are you working on (in May 2023)?

Cassel

There is a "square" challenge over in PSP Maniacs and this is what I made. The music note background paper and the people are from Creative Fabrica. The definition was from Wikipedia. I tried to get one song from each decade since the 40s, and the crossed out ones from this year.

Square people framed  6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

There is a "square" challenge over in PSP Maniacs and this is what I made. The music note background paper and the people are from Creative Fabrica. The definition was from Wikipedia. I tried to get one song from each decade since the 40s, and the crossed out ones from this year.

Square people framed  6.jpg

Reading the titles found me singing a few bars! This is a fun layout.

• Like 2

Here's what I've been working on - well, since Cassel did the color palette for the Digiscrap.com Blog Train, I added the freebie palettes, er, swatches, to my materials palette and then since it was open I went ahead and did some papers. I'm not sure how to host them, and I have never posted there before, and I only have 2 1/2 days to make any changes.  The red color was one of the choices, but when I had all the papers together I wasn't sure I liked the red with the other colors. Now seeing it, maybe I do like it.

So basically, I made papers and will probably never post them. LOL!

PaperPreview.jpg

Paper Preview.jpg

• Love 8

On 5/24/2023 at 12:32 PM, Michele said:

At first I thought about wedding dresses, then I decided baby clothes would be the most sentimental. I downloaded a kit by Janet Kemp from PS and used Carole's Hanging Photos script. I'm so glad I bought it because it takes a long time to get this result manually. And it's great that it leaves everything on its own layer; I did some rearranging. The title font is Lovely Blooms from CF and on the baby blanket I used Mix Stitch from Dafont.

Michele, this is so cute!

I also have the Hanging Photos script, and I like it very much... Imagine having to create it manually? A lot of work!

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2023 at 1:08 PM, fiona cook said:

I have finally completed my project 'Bee Happy' so this is what I have been working on in May. I made the hanging bees for the purpose of decorative bug hotels for my garden.

In PSP I used the Fringe Effect technique from Lab13 Module 5 for the grass layer & a reverse shadow then added a texture with the grass picture tube.

I used various papers and images from the Digital Scrapbook site and studied 6 ways to add borders from the Campus Blog.

What a fun and cute layout, Fiona!   

Great idea to make the hanging bees/bug hotels.

On 5/27/2023 at 7:49 PM, Mary Solaas said:

S is for St. Nicholas.  Finally getting back to my alphabet challenge from 2022.  The font for St. Nicholas is Ballpark.  Santa Claus is from Creative Fabrica and his coat was colorized red because my daughter said it looked like a motorcycle jacket.  The holly leave and berries are mine from a previous lab as a paint brush (so I colored the berries separately), the poinsetta is a picture tube.  The silver glitter paper is from Donna Sills stash that she shared with us earlier this year which I colorized as silver - the red one I colorized wouldn't work here.  The font for Santa Claus is Brandish.  I think the St. Nicholas statue picture was from Wikipedia.  The frame around it I developed with selections, etc.

Lovely layout, Mary. I like the Stitched S as it calls attention to the title. Also, the font Brandish you use for Santa Claus. I checked, and I have it. ? 

5 hours ago, Suzy said:

Here's what I've been working on - well, since Cassel did the color palette for the Digiscrap.com Blog Train, I added the freebie palettes, er, swatches, to my materials palette and then since it was open I went ahead and did some papers. I'm not sure how to host them, and I have never posted there before, and I only have 2 1/2 days to make any changes.  The red color was one of the choices, but when I had all the papers together I wasn't sure I liked the red with the other colors. Now seeing it, maybe I do like it.

So basically, I made papers and will probably never post them. LOL!

I love those papers, Susan!

• Cassel unpinned this topic