April 1-2-3 Challenge (2023)

Cassel

At first I couldn't come up with an idea what to make. I don't like to fold my photos in real life so why would I do that digitally! In the end I folded the background paper with a small fold and made a folded ribbon with a button, then a cluster with 2 other buttons and the frames. At first I wanted to have some text too but in the end I didn't like it, so no text. The last Q&A session had among others a question about how to make a string to tie a button and that's what I practiced here with the buttons. Now I have a template for strings when I need them, very nice. Of course the photo is mine and it is of a field full with dandelions which I saw last week on a walk. I already have lots of photos of all the pretty spring flowers and blossoming trees in my neighborhood and used those in many layouts, therefore now something else. Enjoy!

1-2-3 Challenge April 2023-600.jpg

• Love 6

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

At first I couldn't come up with an idea what to make. I don't like to fold my photos in real life so why would I do that digitally! In the end I folded the background paper with a small fold and made a folded ribbon with a button, then a cluster with 2 other buttons and the frames. At first I wanted to have some text too but in the end I didn't like it, so no text. The last Q&A session had among others a question about how to make a string to tie a button and that's what I practiced here with the buttons. Now I have a template for strings when I need them, very nice. Of course the photo is mine and it is of a field full with dandelions which I saw last week on a walk. I already have lots of photos of all the pretty spring flowers and blossoming trees in my neighborhood and used those in many layouts, therefore now something else. Enjoy!

1-2-3 Challenge April 2023-600.jpg

Very nice Corrie.  Love the frames too, they look like weathered metal.  I also like dandelions and cant wait till they pop up in my yard.  Your cluster is well done, I particularly like the colorful wire flower. 

18 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Very nice Corrie.  Love the frames too, they look like weathered metal.  I also like dandelions and cant wait till they pop up in my yard.  Your cluster is well done, I particularly like the colorful wire flower. 

Thank you Susan, the wire flower came from my stash and I think it was by Marissa Lerin, but I have it for a very long time now and never used it (like many other things I gathered).

4 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Thank you Susan, the wire flower came from my stash and I think it was by Marissa Lerin, but I have it for a very long time now and never used it (like many other things I gathered).

I have a lot of stuff gathered too, and never used.  In a perfect world I'd delete the stuff I never use because it makes it hard to scroll through and  find the stuff I do use.  But then I think, what if I might need it....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I have a lot of stuff gathered too, and never used.  In a perfect world I'd delete the stuff I never use because it makes it hard to scroll through and  find the stuff I do use.  But then I think, what if I might need it....

My idea too!!! And if I delete something I always think at a later moment: oh no.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Susan, if you want dandelions I can send you mine! I like them too, but not when they all go to seedheads!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

That goes not only for the PSP elements and stuff I've collected, but for the general accumulation of stuff I no longer need in the house? If there were only a DELETE key for that! But what if I need it later....?

• Haha 3

I'll take them, especially the seed heads.  I want to photograph them in the studio, but by the time I get in the house and upstairs, they are lost their seeds.  I used the bigger more robust Western Salsify last year (they look like ginormous dandelion seed heads) .  Oh, for sure I need a DELETE key for the house too!  And I could also use a DO-OVER key to fix mistakes, in whatever form they take in life (eg, leaving the stove unattended and melting the colander, putting the dust pan away like I did EVERY OTHER TIME.....until one time, I didnt and ended up with a torn hamstring) .

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Seeing Corrie's and Julie's comments, you are not alone, Susan!... Guilty too! ...I downloaded free kits when I started here on the Campus, and some I've never used... So when I think of deleting, I have the same thought... Who knows? ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cristina said:

Seeing Corrie's and Julie's comments, you are not alone, Susan!... Guilty too! ...I downloaded free kits when I started here on the Campus, and some I've never used... So when I think of deleting, I have the same thought... Who knows? ? 

Me too!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Me too!!!

4 hours ago, Cristina said:

We are all in good company then. ?

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

No ladies, you are not alone. In the 15 years I've been digi scrapping I have downloaded a lot of free stuff and purchased a lot of kits from various stores. Quite a few with good intentions that have not happened. Many I had even forgotten I had. Several years ago I made a vow to myself that I was going to use kits I already had instead of always buying new stuff.

But I had to figure out what I had! After trying a couple of things I finally landed on a system that is working quite well for me. Since I have mainly kits that were purchased that have the previews, I put a copy of every preview into a folder of its own. Then I set up Adobe Bridge (it is free), to read that folder. I also set up keywords for each preview. My keywords are mainly by theme. Bridge also has a way to label an image with colors so I chose to use a red label for kits I have used and a yellow label for templates I have used. I have so many templates and some I really love and like to use a lot! 

So now when I scrap I go to Bridge and filter it so I can look through the unused templates and kits to see if I can find something that will work. I am happy to say that I have added a lot of labels to both kits and templates! I don't feel like I wasted my money on that stuff anymore. And, I have found some real gems in those kits. That's actually how I found the kit that I decided to use for my Build A Kit workshop.

(But, yeah, I still buy new kits... especially when there are big sales like this coming weekend. LOL!)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

No ladies, you are not alone. In the 15 years I've been digi scrapping I have downloaded a lot of free stuff and purchased a lot of kits from various stores. Quite a few with good intentions that have not happened. Many I had even forgotten I had. Several years ago I made a vow to myself that I was going to use kits I already had instead of always buying new stuff...

Rene, this looks like to be a good system. I have to look more into it...  When there is a newsletter promoting kits, I am attracted to it by the colors used. .. Only after that I'll check what is inside... Sometimes it happens. I had already bought it before, like ... today!    Good that the site warns when one has already purchased the item.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

That goes not only for the PSP elements and stuff I've collected, but for the general accumulation of stuff I no longer need in the house? If there were only a DELETE key for that! But what if I need it later....?

Believe it or not, the first few flowers I used for the green house were actually things I have done...40 years ago. Yes, I still had them! And see? They did end up useful after all! LOL

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I'll take them, especially the seed heads.  I want to photograph them in the studio, but by the time I get in the house and upstairs, they are lost their seeds.

Susan, I have dandelion seed-head photos from a layout I did previously. See if you want anything from this...

THE LOWLY DANDELION_scaled.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Susan, I have dandelion seed-head photos from a layout I did previously. See if you want anything from this...

THE LOWLY DANDELION_scaled.jpg

Wow, Ann, I love the 3 across the middle.  And I did not knowabout the bees.  I've always loved dandelions.  I'm sure my neighbours didnt care for my yard, but they are happy colored flowers to me.  I had company last year when their best blooms were out so I missed out.  I find the first blooms are the biggest and best looking. And the shear numbers are larger in the first bloom of the season compared to later in the summer.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Wow, Ann, I love the 3 across the middle.  And I did not knowabout the bees.  I've always loved dandelions.  I'm sure my neighbours didnt care for my yard, but they are happy colored flowers to me.  I had company last year when their best blooms were out so I missed out.  I find the first blooms are the biggest and best looking. And the shear numbers are larger in the first bloom of the season compared to later in the summer.

I'll leave a .zip in the Facebook Files section for you.