April 1-2-3 Challenge (2023)

Cassel

http://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/1-2-3-Challenge.jpg

Let's make things a little fun for you. Are you looking for ways to spark your creativity and still create something meaningful? This will be a new monthly challenge for you. Every month, you will be given instructions to use 1, 2, and 3 of something. Would that be more than you usually use? or less? Let's see. Create a layout using :

• 1 frame
  • 2 folded elements
  • 3 buttons

You can create those elements or use what you currently have in your stash. Showcase any photo, use any template (if you want). Just make sure you include the required elements.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cassel said:

http://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/1-2-3-Challenge.jpg

Let's make things a little fun for you. Are you looking for ways to spark your creativity and still create something meaningful? This will be a new monthly challenge for you. Every month, you will be given instructions to use 1, 2, and 3 of something. Would that be more than you usually use? or less? Let's see. Create a layout using :

• 1 frame
  • 2 folded elements
  • 3 buttons

You can create those elements or use what you currently have in your stash. Showcase any photo, use any template (if you want). Just make sure you include the required elements.

I'm not sure what a "folded element" would be...

Figured it out - decided on folded hearts and a bow. 3 buttons and a frame round out the requirements. Here's my daughter, Laurey, top left; granddaughters, Ilana & Jackie, bottom right. All the decor is from my stash; frame from PSP frame.

Edit: I forgot to mention the background is a PSP gradient called Nature Glow and I added some noise for texture.

APRIL1-2-3-CHALLENGE_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Any time I get a frame I add it to PSP Frames so everything's handy.

I would strongly discourage you from doing that as it will distort when used in various situations:

• if you have a square frame to start and use it on a rectangular image (or vice versa), the proportions on the edges will be inconsistent
  • if you have a frame of a certain dimension (say 1000x1000px) and use it on something larger (say 3600x3600), it will become blurred

This might need a blog post as you are not the first one thinking that.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I would strongly discourage you from doing that as it will distort when used in various situations:

• if you have a square frame to start and use it on a rectangular image (or vice versa), the proportions on the edges will be inconsistent
  • if you have a frame of a certain dimension (say 1000x1000px) and use it on something larger (say 3600x3600), it will become blurred

This might need a blog post as you are not the first one thinking that.

PSP had many already installed. How am I supposed to know the size?

Just now, Ann Seeber said:

I have always steered clear from using pre made frames, including the psp frames.  I create a one of a kind frame for each photo. All to often I  see frames that are not of equal proportions, or if they have been rotated, the shadowing  is wrong.  The majority of my frames are used only once. Personally I enjoy creating unique frames.  Carole now has a frame script, for convenience and time. Also she has 2 frame materclasses. 

• Like 4

I love when new challenges are posted. They give me focus and get me trying layouts for a reason.

This has the Hallowe'en theme b/c the photo of my grand-nephew was taken then last fall when he and the girlfriend went out. That accounts for the dripping blood marks on her neck!

Using buttons and folded elements is difficult for me. I never know where to put the darn things. The black button on the photo was placed to hide a clock on the wall!

123 April challenge 2023.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

I am not sure what the original size is for the pre-loaded frames, but notice that in the preview, you can see if they should be square or rectangular, vertical or horizontal. I think the PSP frames are a good way to go fast for someone who does not know better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I love when new challenges are posted. They give me focus and get me trying layouts for a reason.

That is often a motivator for members.

3 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Using buttons and folded elements is difficult for me. I never know where to put the darn things. The black button on the photo was placed to hide a clock on the wall!

I often use buttons either in clusters or in corners, a bit like they are holding the photo. But that is far from the only way to use them!

• Like 3

I like this challenge, it's not a lot unlike the scavenger hunt, or bingo challenge, which are my favourite challenges.  I'm not accustomed to using buttons in my pages. Nor do I have any button scripts, hence I made my own. I don't have the  folded corner, or folded paper scripts either.  The paper was folded, but when opened out,  you still have the  fold.  The knotted ribbon, is one of Carole's scripts.   The frame is my own, made especially for the  photo. 

Image2.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 7

9 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

This has the Hallowe'en theme b/c the photo of my grand-nephew was taken then last fall when he and the girlfriend went out. That accounts for the dripping blood marks on her neck!

123 April challenge 2023.jpg

I do like the  broken frame effect.  A  great page.  Try  making the black button smaller, to be in proportion and place it on  the young man's T shirt, as a Halloween  pin. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I like this challenge, it's not a lot unlike the scavenger hunt, or bingo challenge, which are my favourite challenges...

Sue, what a beautiful layout! There are so many little details and techniques in it... I love it!

13 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I like this challenge, it's not a lot unlike the scavenger hunt, or bingo challenge, which are my favourite challenges.  I'm not accustomed to using buttons in my pages. Nor do I have any button scripts, hence I made my own. I don't have the  folded corner, or folded paper scripts either.  The paper was folded, but when opened out,  you still have the  fold.  The knotted ribbon, is one of Carole's scripts.   The frame is my own, made especially for the  photo. 

Image2.jpg

Oh, how I wish we had meadownlarks here! Such a lovely song.

25 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Oh, how I wish we had meadownlarks here! Such a lovely song.

The Horned Larks arrive much earlier, like the Meadow larks, they fill the air with their  beautiful songs. They  sing from the top of their voices perched on fence posts, and are  quite tolerant of  being photographed at fairly close range. We have Meadow Larks in the UK too. 

• Like 1

I'm making an effort to participate in more challenges and for a change everything is mine. I used cass's brad factory and filigrane scripts. It's my first 1-2-3 challenge so I hope what I did qualifies. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

large.NatureonHarrison600.jpg.3cfe02271cdc295b7f36692c1f2a5b6b.jpg

Edited by Michele
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Michele, this is so nice and colorful. I like it very much.

Even if you've been posting less, I saw many interesting and nice layouts...  For a long time, I've not been active in any of the challenges due to a lack of creativity...  Hopefully, this will change.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Michele said:

I'm making an effort to participate in more challenges and for a change everything is mine. I used cass's brad factory and filigrane scripts. It's my first 1-2-3 challenge so I hope what I did qualifies. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

WOWZERS!  Beautiful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michele said:

Wow, Michele! That looks great! Very nice, indeed. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Cristina said:

Michele, this is so nice and colorful. I like it very much.

Even if you've been posting less, I saw many interesting and nice layouts...  For a long time, I've not been active in any of the challenges due to a lack of creativity...  Hopefully, this will change.

Thank you, Cristina. I fight against the lack of creativity all the time. That's one of the reasons I'm making more of an effort. It took me many hours between searching my few original pics and getting inspiration from looking at templates.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Michele said:

Thank you, Cristina. I fight against the lack of creativity all the time. That's one of the reasons I'm making more of an effort. It took me many hours between searching my few original pics and getting inspiration from looking at templates.

I experience the same lack of inspiration and I find going back to the Bootcamp to be helpful to me. I can help the newcomers and try to come up with something original for the familiar layouts. Helping others is the key for me.

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

I experience the same lack of inspiration and I find going back to the Bootcamp to be helpful to me. I can help the newcomers and try to come up with something original for the familiar layouts. Helping others is the key for me.

That's a great idea Ann. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michele said:

Let's hope, Michele, this phase is over soon! ?

• Love 1

I finally did the 1 2 3. The background pic and the Osprey pic are from the Hog Island Osprey nest.  the frame if from this week's FreeDigitalMinikit. the folded ribbon is from CreativeFabrica the buttons are from (I don't have a clue) The folds in the background image were created from "Folded-paper-textures-collection-27671119" downloaded from C F.

1 2 3 challenge.6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2