What are you working on (in April 2023)?

Cassel

Just playing one night last week when I couldn't sleep.  Made a mask,  and just leaving the mask group as a group, I played with adding the silver shimmer paper as a  b ackground to the picture, and then still without merging the mask group I added frames on different layers.  Fun.

Just Playing_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

I been busy sewing and playing with PSP and my goodies purchased from the store today at a very generous reduction in price. Seems to have ignited my brain again into doing stuff in PSP as I had got kind of inert with it. I wanted to do things but could not muster much enthusiasm and felt very dull. Anyway, I have had a play and was so pleased with my spoils. I didn't buy many Scripts and things as I already have loads that I really should experiment more with. I really like the Squiggle Script and think it gives a different and pleasing effect to a shape. I applied it to the flower which first started out as brush blobs. The leaves was made from Caroles Leaves Font and the Star was a preset shape. I also used Caroles Sparkling Script to the star.

SGH-Squiggle Flower 1-22-04-2023.jpg

SGH-Squiggle leaves 1-22-04-2023.jpg

SGH-Squiggled Sparkling Star-22-04-2023.jpg

Edited by Sheila Hogg
  • Like 4
  • Love 7

Back to the drawing board!  

Back to the Chattanooga trip.  This is about the bus trip we took the day after we got there.  Unfortunately I didn't take as many pictures as I should have.  Too busy just looking, I guess.  The dragon climbing the sculpted tree trunk really fascinated me.

Woops - the file I saved as 600 px wouldn't load - just over size.  Hold on and I'll change it.  Well - seems I didn't check to see that it was resizing by % and not by pixels - increasing the size to 600% was quite a load!!  LOL.

ChattanoogaTrip-9-Tour_600.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Haha 2
  • Love 6

12 hours ago, Sheila Hogg said:

I been busy sewing and playing with PSP and my goodies purchased from the store today at a very generous reduction in price. Seems to have ignited my brain again into doing stuff in PSP as I had got kind of inert with it. I wanted to do things but could not muster much enthusiasm and felt very dull. Anyway, I have had a play and was so pleased with my spoils. I didn't buy many Scripts and things as I already have loads that I really should experiment more with. I really like the Squiggle Script and think it gives a different and pleasing effect to a shape. I applied it to the flower which first started out as brush blobs. The leaves was made from Caroles Leaves Font and the Star was a preset shape. I also used Caroles Sparkling Script to the star.

SGH-Squiggle Flower 1-22-04-2023.jpg

SGH-Squiggle leaves 1-22-04-2023.jpg

SGH-Squiggled Sparkling Star-22-04-2023.jpg

Love these! I had to go get the Squiggles script.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I wanted it too, but had to put it on my wish list for next time.  I got my load and blew the budget.  I'm most pleased with myself.? 

I had already done my shopping, but how could it be? this script had not seen! Thank you Sheila Hogg for showing it in action here.
I quickly went to the Store and also bought this script. i couldn't resist !
Me happy !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

One result of the Carole's Birthday Shopping Spree: I got the Word Slats Script I wanted especially for this photo of Magic saying "CHEESE." I used a pastel shiny paper background and added two PSP Frames, one with translucent edges and one with texture. Added shadows and voilà!

SAY CHEESE-MAGIC_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

On 4/19/2023 at 3:27 PM, Susan Ewart said:

Ann, that is very cool.  I thought it was two papers.  You are really good with the frames, I love what you make.  I must try and find some time to practice with that tool.  

Mary, that's a nice rich palette.  A good amount of colors to choose from.  I would love to see you in the Double Page workshop, hope you find the time to joing.  I'm behind.  Only just did my lesson 1 and soon off to work so by tomorrow I will be 3 lessons behind.  

I seem to have overlooked those frames in PSP.  Thanks, Ann.  I am going to post my playing with it using a background paper I played with.

Playing with the transparent frame.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Couldn't find where to post so I'll post here.  

Carole, I hope you had a simply marvelous, happy birthday.  You are so special to all of us in the campus.  Hobbits give gifts on their birthdays, but I know you are not a Hobbit.  Thank you for your gift.

My favorite script of the ones I purchased on your birthday is the folded flower one.  I will post my flowers.

Folded Flowers.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

24 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Carole, I hope you had a simply marvelous, happy birthday.  You are so special to all of us in the campus.  Hobbits give gifts on their birthdays, but I know you are not a Hobbit.  Thank you for your gift.

My favorite script of the ones I purchased on your birthday is the folded flower one.  I will post my flowers.

Thanks so much. That flower script is always making me smile as it is one of my very early scripts. I was still pretty new to scripting when I coded that one. One thing is that I can recognize that flower anywhere! ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Couldn't find where to post so I'll post here.  

Folded Flowers.jpg

Something new to put on my wish list. (And, Carole, are you sure you're not a hobbit? You keep showing us miniatures that you make at home. lol)

• Haha 7

Back on Chattanooga.  This is about the park surrounding the Aquarium.  Anna and I enjoyed this day - it was full.  The picture Anna is taking of the Aquarium sign is what I chose to be a title for this layout.  I put a Cass stitch around the journaling paper; I made a brad from the Aquarium sign. The background is the same one I used for the 2 Aquarium layouts I did (which were the first layouts of this trip that I did).

ChattanoogaTrip-10-AquariumPark_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Here's today's pic for my gaming group. Used a bunch of layers and effects. The florals are from Marisa L at PS/DS (I wish I had more time when I do these so I could be a little more creative instead of using other people's work). I picked Brush Script MT to keep it simple and to match the width of the silhouette.

large.FABDLGlamourDancing!600.jpg.f2df34e60c3610af1c3a52647cbdfe83.jpg

• Love 7

@Michele  You are the absolute "Fabulous Divas" expert!!! :classic_biggrin:

It's a real pleasure again and again to see all the creativity using the great choice of scripts and other elements we can find on Carole's Creation page. Thumbs up for all of you!!

By the way, thanks Sheila for mentionning the squiggles script, another cool script. I wondered too because I didn't discover it till now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I downloaded a Corel freebie last week called Spring Collage. I didn't have the font it called for so I used Before the Rainbow, which was similar. Here's my great-grand Sonya with her mother, Alycia. We don't see Alycia that much as she's often unwell. 

SONYA-ALYCIA HELLO SPRING_600.jpg

• Love 6

On 4/27/2023 at 5:41 PM, Mary Solaas said:

Back on Chattanooga.  This is about the park surrounding the Aquarium.  Anna and I enjoyed this day - it was full.  The picture Anna is taking of the Aquarium sign is what I chose to be a title for this layout.  I put a Cass stitch around the journaling paper; I made a brad from the Aquarium sign. The background is the same one I used for the 2 Aquarium layouts I did (which were the first layouts of this trip that I did).

ChattanoogaTrip-10-AquariumPark_600.jpg

The brad is really nice and I LOVe your background.  Did you make the circle to, it's really nice.  

Thanks, Susan.  Yes, I made the circle paper some time ago but liked it and it worked with the blues in this layout.  The background paper I made some time ago in a lab (I usually make several different colors when doing a paper in a lab.  It's the background that I used for the Aquarium layouts.  I'm trying to keep some kind of theme going in this group as I plan on getting the trip printed.

• Like 1

I combined four or five different backgrounds including an old swirl I had made; erased some areas, used negative image on one, and played with the blend modes and opacity. The font is Rambutan from an old $1 deal from Font Bundles. Using the text cutter is a fun difference sometimes.

large.FABDLJivingandThriving!600.jpg.5734f87a85f43179c8aee5f2df61e42a.jpg

• Love 5

• 2 weeks later...